Actual Pictures thanks to Kron

51A91K5kxoL.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 272
Last edited by a moderator:
But zavvi dont make steelbooks they just sell them

Some members just have a problem with Zavvi and try to put them down wherever they can. I have no idea why those people feel the need, why mention Zavvi at all? :dunno:

In any case, if I was going to pick a title to favourably compare with other titles, this would not be it. The artwork isn't bad but the finish looks poor from the pictures here. Add to that the small amount of German text and the problems for English speakers with the disc and you have a pretty poor release.

I've got some mr sheen in the cupboard I'll try it later. Can't believe the amount of glue. Thought the steel plates were about to crack open as I was removing the slip

had that almost happen with my Aeon Flux steelbook. Couldnt get the glue off the J-card completely though.

The worst for me was Double Indemnity. I think superglue was accidentally used for that one.

If anyone has this steel and want an English disc to swap out (for the subtitles), ES are currently selling the UK amaray for only £6.99 :)

Damn, scratched my steel trying to remove the glue with rubbing alcohol and paper towels. Sent an email to amazon.de for a replacement. Normally I wouldn't do this but the glue was absolutely ridiculous.

What's the best way to completely get rid of the glue without damaging the steelbook?

Damn, scratched my steel trying to remove the glue with rubbing alcohol and paper towels. Sent an email to amazon.de for a replacement. Normally I wouldn't do this but the glue was absolutely ridiculous.

What's the best way to completely get rid of the glue without damaging the steelbook?

Using paper towels was a mistake as they are very abrasive for our delicate steelbooks. Its best to us a microfiber cloth with alcohol or goo gone. (be careful with goo gone tho. It actually rubbed the paint off the cheap matte best buy Warner steels. Not a problem for the higher quality finishes tho).

Using paper towels was a mistake as they are very abrasive for our delicate steelbooks. Its best to us a microfiber cloth with alcohol or goo gone. (be careful with goo gone tho. It actually rubbed the paint off the cheap matte best buy Warner steels. Not a problem for the higher quality finishes tho).

Thanks for the tips. I'm hoping amazon gives me a replacement steel and I'll be much more careful this time around. The amount of glue and type of glue were just ridiculous.

Thanks for the tips. I'm hoping amazon gives me a replacement steel and I'll be much more careful this time around. The amount of glue and type of glue were just ridiculous.

I used white spirit and a microfibre cloth. Don't be rushing to rub it off, allow the liquid to get under the glue.

As for Zavvi, I don't have a problem with them, I have a problem with any supplier selling a clearly inferior Steelbook and charging a premium price for it.

Reactions: darczap

Maybe it's a problem with this release. I own about 200 steelbooks and this was, by far, the one which gave me more trouble to remove the glue the pamphlet left on the steelbook.

I am also a Zippo collector so i used a little Zippo fluid on a soft cloth and the glue was easy to remove without damage the steelbook ;)

Last edited:
Why do they glue the data sheet down in the first place? I'm curious. The steelbook is sealed anyway what difference does it make to secure it? They're not only wasting glue but damaging our steelbooks. I'll never understand why they do it.

Reactions: BradG1984
Why do they glue the data sheet down in the first place? I'm curious. The steelbook is sealed anyway what difference does it make to secure it? They're not only wasting glue but damaging our steelbooks. I'll never understand why they do it.

I was wondering the exact same thing tonight whilst carefully removing glue dots from every slip I have to stop them sticking to each other and ripping in the drawer I keep them in! Lol

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Maybe it's a problem with this release. I own about 200 steelbooks and this was, by far, the one which gave me more trouble to remove the glue the pamphlet left on the steelbook.

I've had some other releases with thick glue, but this must have been krazy glue or something. Luckily amazon is sending a replacement but I'll have to deal with that damn glue again :angry:

That's a good point. I guess it could slide around in there a little without some adhesive but still, why can't they just use something like a strip of tape in stead of dabs of glue. Seems so primitive.

There's no need for glue (or tape) at all. StudioCanal releases are just fine and they are simply sealed onto the Steelbook.

Reactions: darczap
UK disc for swapping out (£6.99 from ES) arrived, but no UV copy :( if anyone has a UV code for this movie that they don't want then let me know :)

Last edited by a moderator: