Coco (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #46) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: TBA
GB Price: One Click $175.99/Double Lenti $67.99/Single Lenti $62.99/Full Slip $60.00/Quarter slip $56.99
Group buy: To be hosted by Cooey HERE - GB will be live 2nd June!! Will be live at a random time between 4PM - 6PM UK time
Notes:
Will not include a 3D disc

Double Lenti | Single Lenti | Full Slip | Box set (includes Double and Single Lentis + Full Slip) | Quarter Slip (not included in the box set)

Blufan_COCO-00.jpgBlufan_COCO-01.jpgBlufan_COCO-02.jpgBlufan_COCO-03.jpgBlufan_COCO-04.jpg
105533is00xte5tee64zz3.jpg
104515j9zyhdyu7kyyy37q.jpg104514ub00b39llal20n22.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A big letdown folks:

Kevin confirmed that this release will NOT include the 3D disc. Apparently there has been some kind of problem with the distributor and the 3D won’t be released in China this year. Blufans has decided to go through with 2D only release with all the material already ordered/ready. Sad. :(

Last edited:
A big letdown folks:

Kevin confirmed that this release will NOT include the 3D disc. Apparently there has been some kind of problem with the distributor and the 3D won’t be released in China until later this year. Blufans has decided to go through with 2D only release with all the material already ordered/ready. Sad. :(

That’s a shame. Hopefully the price will reflect that.

Saying that, I’ve got the US 4K disc ready to go inside the Steelbook

So, assuming there will be a spare disc space since all materials are ordered? I also assume, they won't send out 3D discs separately, so the price should be about $8-10 cheaper??

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Should definitely be a bit cheaper without 3D, and I will assume there will a 2-disc tray inside since the change come so deep into production.

I think I’ll just stick to Zavvi 3D steel personally, even though I think the steelbook is beautiful.

something doesn't make sense, as to why the 3D Disk is not released in China when it is available in other countries.

I Hope that it is not gonna be a sign of things to come with Disney :blackeye:

something doesn't make sense, as to why the 3D Disk is not released in China when it is available in other countries.

While I agree with you it's weird, the same thing could be said for the 4k disc (not specifically for this film, many other examples) when it's widely available elsewhere.

While I agree with you it's weird, the same thing could be said for the 4k disc (not specifically for this film, many other examples) when it's widely available elsewhere.

The UHD Disk is something different as it is a relatively new format and still not available from Disney China.

On The Opposite, the 3D Disk is the most popular format in China and has been for many years.

o_O

from the other site quote

Update:

Hate to break this to you! The distributor for Disney just notified Blufans that 3D disc won't be available for the initial release, so COCO Blufans will house a 2D disc only. Blufans has tried to persuade them for numerous times to have 3D disc added, but failed. They said the 3D disc will be likely released a year later. With all the steelbooks and related materials in the full speed of production, Blufans has decided to go ahead with the release in 2D format. The estimated release date will be in early July. More details will be posted soon. Thank you for your understanding!
-----------------

something tells me this about disney
and money be my guess actarus

basil :thumbs:

Should definitely be a bit cheaper without 3D, and I will assume there will a 2-disc tray inside since the change come so deep into production.

I think I’ll just stick to Zavvi 3D steel personally, even though I think the steelbook is beautiful.

As per Kevin 2 disc tray confirmed as well as the 3D logo on the spine (even though no 3D disc)

Reactions: Hewitt89
Really not bothered about the 3D disc as I own the wwa steel with it. Hopefully this does bring the price down a little

As per Kevin 2 disc tray confirmed as well as the 3D logo on the spine (even though no 3D disc)
Yeah. It’s a tiny detail I know but for me that degrades the release a little with «false» 3D logo and tray for a non-existing disc.. Too bad. Feel bad for Blufans as well with all this changing deep into production. I also really hope that this is a weird one-time thing and doesn’t become a habit, I really want the 3D disc in future Disney Blufans releases.

• Thanks
Reactions: snooloui
from the other site quote

Update:

Hate to break this to you! The distributor for Disney just notified Blufans that 3D disc won't be available for the initial release, so COCO Blufans will house a 2D disc only. Blufans has tried to persuade them for numerous times to have 3D disc added, but failed. They said the 3D disc will be likely released a year later. With all the steelbooks and related materials in the full speed of production, Blufans has decided to go ahead with the release in 2D format. The estimated release date will be in early July. More details will be posted soon. Thank you for your understanding!
-----------------

something tells me this about disney
and money be my guess actarus

basil :thumbs:

I am not sure I understand correctly.

What I meant was, the 3D Disk is supposed to be released in China by now.
Yet, Disney China stated that they will release the 3D Disk in 1 year time.
This is very unusual, I hope it's not gonna become a regular thing for upcoming Disney Releases.

The 3D Disk for COCO is already available in rest of Asian (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea...) also was released in European countries.
It is Not Normal that it's not available in China o_O