Craft Beer - Post Your Pics!

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
I can't believe there isn't a thread in here strictly for Beer. Well now there is.

So I'm going to Phoenix and this store is about 3 miles from the house I am renting. I need some recommendations of beer they sell. I'm looking for Hoppy beers please. I've had a few of them they sell but not allot. HELP ME OUT!

Thanks

BoB

You know things are getting serious when Wreck adds "Post Your Pics" to the title of the thread. :scat:

My recent box of whales I traded for. All very diffcult to find.

-2005 Cuvee de Tomme (Beer brewed at Lost Abbey but this version was brewed at Russian River)
-Drie Fonteinen Hommage (last brewed in 2007)
-Russian River Beatification (Batch 3)
-Surly Darkness 2008
-03, 05, 06 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. (03 was never distributed but a small amount was released at the brewery).

Cheers!!

EEK! How much did you have to give to get those? :drool: @BCBS and the Darkness

looks good guys! Anyone ever heard of Woodcut or Rogue beers? That Woodcut was $25.99 a bottle!

Not heard of Woodcut, but I have heard and drank a few Rogue. I like their Dead Guy Ale and their Mocha Porter. Haven't had anything from their XS line.

I just got my latest trade batch. I traded a couple of O'Fallon Brewery and a few from Schlafly for a 22oz of each beer from Clown Shoes. I'll post pics later. The art work and names are great! :hilarious:

I saw the Mocha Porter but it was $12.99 I just snapped quick pic of the smaller ones as I could fit more in the pic.

You think that Mocha Porter worth it? Sounds pretty good.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

And yeah, we need some more general life type stuff active around these parts, and if Craft Beer will do it then all the better. :naughty:

I saw the Mocha Porter but it was $12.99 I just snapped quick pic of the smaller ones as I could fit more in the pic.

You think that Mocha Porter worth it? Sounds pretty good.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

And yeah, we need some more general life type stuff active around these parts, and if Craft Beer will do it then all the better. :naughty:

I'm guessing the Mocha Porter was in a 22oz? I'd see if you could find it where you could do a custom 6-pk to try it first. I've found a lot of beers that I've really liked and some I'm glad I didn't buy the 22oz. I'd probably do the Mocha Porter in the 22oz.

Need some help deciding if any of these are worth a pick up. Let me know if any of you have had any of the following:

attachment.php

The two Bruery beers are Autumn Maple and Saison de Lente

Squatters Reserve Outer Darkness russian imperial stout

Mikkell Beer Geek Breakfast

im not really interested in the sierra nevada beers

Attachments

• IMAG0153.jpg
    IMAG0153.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 61
Need some help deciding if any of these are worth a pick up. Let me know if any of you have had any of the following:

The two Bruery beers are Autumn Maple and Saison de Lente

Squatters Reserve Outer Darkness russian imperial stout

Mikkell Beer Geek Breakfast

im not really interested in the sierra nevada beers

Not heard of the Outer Darkness, Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast is really good, and it would really depend on what you were in the mood for on the Bruery beers. I'd probably go for the Saison de Lente. I like saisons and other assorted farmhouse ales (BLVD Tank 7, BLVD Saison-Brett, GI Sofie, etc)

Not heard of the Outer Darkness, Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast is really good, and it would really depend on what you were in the mood for on the Bruery beers. I'd probably go for the Saison de Lente. I like saisons and other assorted farmhouse ales (BLVD Tank 7, BLVD Saison-Brett, GI Sofie, etc)

I agree with the Mikkeller and Saison de Lente

the bruery is releasing black tuesday 10/25. supposedly you can reserve bottles right now if you are a member.

theres a party on the release date where they will also be selling bottles.

all of this im reading on the BA forums

Are there many craft beers that get better with age? Or pretty much have a long shelf life? Curious about stocking up some good ones for when friends from back home come to visit. Which could be as far as a year out ...

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

ps i havent seen those Mobez but that autumn maple one sounds interesting, like I'd either love it or hate it.

Are there many craft beers that get better with age? Or pretty much have a long shelf life? Curious about stocking up some good ones for when friends from back home come to visit. Which could be as far as a year out ...

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

ps i havent seen those Mobez but that autumn maple one sounds interesting, like I'd either love it or hate it.

Hell yeah man many with age a lot of beers tend to change in flavor certain notes may pop out that you couldnt taste when it was fresh. I have an imperial stout from 2003. Imperial Stouts, Barleywines, Lambics, Strong Ales, higher abv beers (except IPAS, they tend to lose much of their hop aroma and taste after about 3 months. Stay away from wheats, brown ales, red ales, ambers and other lighter beers. You gotta make sure its in a dark cool place though. read this and itll answer many questions

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/101/store.php

Last edited:
I'm kinda playing around with some aging. Right now all I've got aging is a 2008 Schlafly Imperial Stout. I was aging a couple KBS, but drank one and traded the others.

Also, Splax had a good idea, so I've merged the Craft Beer thread and the Beer Trading thread. I'll try and get pics of my latest trade on here soon.

Last edited:
Here's some pics of that Wood Cut and Rogue ... anyone ever seen these? any good?

What they said but you see that optimator to the right? Yeah, that bad boy belongs in your belly.

Due to the heat I haven't had a chance to brew up any beers without risking adverse affects to my recipes. I'm not comfortable enough to play with compensating for the extremes the midwest has been taking on.

However, this year I get to try my 3 year old Westvleteren 12... Just trying to find a good night to do it.. and also am avoiding it because of the separation anxiety to follow once the bottle is gone :(

Also, Splax had a good idea, so I've merged the Craft Beer thread and the Beer Trading thread. I'll try and get pics of my latest trade on here soon.

Yeah I think that works for now, until we get tons of people in here trying to trade another then one main thread is good.

Now if we all just use the thread tools at top and subscribe to thread then we will be A-ok ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I think that works for now, until we get tons of people in here trying to trade another then one main thread is good.

Now if we all just use the thread tools at top and subscribe to thread then we will be A-ok ;)

True, but there aren't too many of us that are trading at the moment. If things pick up, we can separate them again.

Last edited:
Wanted lists

Interested to see what people's wanted lists are. Keep it short, and post some of the beers you are either buying right now, or look to buy in the near future!

Founder's Breakfast Stout-- comes out in september, put my name on the waiting list
Tyranena HopWhore Imperial IPA-- comes out later this month i hope
Bells Hopslam-- this ones a little premediated since it comes out in January
New Belgium Hoptober
Lakefront Brewery Fixed Gear-- my local fav! :)

yah, i like hoppy beers :D

Last edited:
Interested to see what people's wanted lists are. Keep it short, and post some of the beers you are either buying right now, or look to buy in the near future!

Founder's Breakfast Stout-- comes out in september, put my name on the waiting list
Tyranena HopWhore Imperial IPA-- comes out later this month i hope
Bells Hopslam-- this ones a little premediated since it comes out in January
New Belgium Hoptober
Lakefront Brewery Fixed Gear-- my local fav! :)

yah, i like hoppy beers :D

Dont know if I can buy the beers I want some of them are very difficult to even trade for. but my short list would be as follows.

Flossmoor Station - Wooden Hell
Midnight Sun - M
The Bruery - Black Tuesday
Cantillon -Blåbær Lambik
Funky Buddha Lounge - Wide Awake It's Morning (Imperial Maple Bacon Coffee Porter)
Russian River - Pliny the Younger

Those are just of few of my top wants

Dont know if I can buy the beers I want some of them are very difficult to even trade for. but my short list would be as follows.

Flossmoor Station - Wooden Hell
Midnight Sun - M
The Bruery - Black Tuesday
Cantillon -Blåbær Lambik
Funky Buddha Lounge - Wide Awake It's Morning (Imperial Maple Bacon Coffee Porter)
Russian River - Pliny the Younger

Those are just of few of my top wants

I agree with a few of those.

A couple of others for me:
3 Floyds - Dark Lord (any variety)
Bourbon County Breakfast Stout
Charleville - Box of Chocolates
Just about anything that Surly makes.

Can anyone source me some KBS?! :p

You could probably find some through trades on Beer Advocate or RateBeer. Other than that, you'll have to wait until March. I'll probably pick up more this year since it is really good and it seems to trade well.