Custom Blu-ray Packaging Designs Discussion Thread

Apr 6, 2011
Hi All,

I've started a new thread as I know that there are a few very talented individuals that create/suggest their own designs. This will avoid losing those designs, and allow Steelbook fans to comment and share opinions about them-Digitalbabe.

If you find others, and pics, please post.

This thread is to allow a space to discuss alternate designs for Blu-Ray releases that have been suggested/spotted on the web.

Enjoy!
DB

I'm glad you guys like it. I got booted from another BD forum for daring to mention or even show images of my Blu-Ray case designs. Not a very welcoming place those forums! So weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I get a prize for diverting Dave to the forum...well...sort of?

Only joshing...glad you guy's appreciate his work as much I do.

Thanks for the plug/endorsement earlier. It's always appreciated when someone spreads the word on my behalf. It's that kind of networking which has opened many doors for me. :scat:

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

I like this 'Thanks' feature. Am I abusing it? :p

Your welcome DB. Feels good to bring something new to the table :0)

Dave, are you able to let us in on which of your products are near to release yet?

Your welcome DB. Feels good to bring something new to the table :0)

Dave, are you able to let us in on which of your products are near to release yet?

They are slated for the end of the year, and are mostly for interactive media. Sorry to be so vague.

Great work Dave, i would love to see more Blu-rays get this kind of packaging. Your ideas are excellent, i especially like the BTTF Flux capacitor!

Last edited:
Dave,since this is the Steelbook area of the forum would you mind posting some pics of Steelbook packaging/design ideas? Thanks!

Great work Dave, i would love to see more Blu-rays get this kind of packaging. Your ideas are excellent, i especially like the BTTF Flux capacitor!

Thanks so much! The BTTF design is my second-most popular one, after the Jurassic Park BD case.

Dave,since this is the Steelbook area of the forum would you mind posting some pics of Steelbook packaging/design ideas? Thanks!

I misunderstood the thread! I just design BD cases, some of them steelbook (like the BTTF one). I'll probably do more steelbook designs, but none are in the forecast right now. Maybe relocate this thread to a more general area?

Hey CF-no problem. The BTTF one looks like a "Steelcase", but not an actual Steelbook(TM),a very specific trademarked case, like all of the movies in this forum.

We have a "Limited Edition" area, where different special editions with different packages are discussed. If you ever design items for Scanavo/Steelbook just send me a PM and we can post a Steelbook package thread in this area. In the meantime, I am moving the thread to the more appropriate Limited Edition area and will sticky. Folks, feel free to subscribe to keep up with Dave's work here.

Last edited:
dace, your creations are ubelievable EEK! ...veeery nice

Thanks! I love it when people drunk-post. That's the only way I roll. *hic!*

dave plese get a job with some movie company cause id buy your CE's in a heartbeat!!!! awesome ****.

My designs did get me a gig, however with video game CE's. Would love to make movie ones as well. This is why I never post game CE's.

Would be nice if a movie studio saw your endorsement. :scat: