Custom Blu-ray Packaging Designs Discussion Thread

Apr 6, 2011
Hi All,

I've started a new thread as I know that there are a few very talented individuals that create/suggest their own designs. This will avoid losing those designs, and allow Steelbook fans to comment and share opinions about them-Digitalbabe.

If you find others, and pics, please post.

This thread is to allow a space to discuss alternate designs for Blu-Ray releases that have been suggested/spotted on the web.

Enjoy!
DB

I'm glad you guys like it. I got booted from another BD forum for daring to mention or even show images of my Blu-Ray case designs. Not a very welcoming place those forums! So weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again Dave id buy that in a heartbeat!!! if movie industry people read this.....

HIRE this guy.collectors would go crazy over his stuff and I can hear the pink Floyd song "money" playin in the background!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: cflgamer
Hey moderator,

Would it be possible to use one of my case images as the thumbnail for the thread in the listings page? Thanks!!

HiDef-Custom-Thread.png

Thar she be. Thanks! Will PM.

Hey CF-no problem-you may want to update this thread regularly. I "stickied" your thread before the thumb was added, as it was a unique topic.But when you add the thumb you can't see the stumb if stickied, so I unstickied it. Over time it may bump to the bottom if you don't post new things in here. Just FYI.

Thanks guys! Hopefully I can get my foot in the door with a film studio. I've already made a few inroads these past few days for one film coming out this summer, but I cannot divulge anything. :(

Dave I have only seen your R2-D2 shown here and the Jurassic Park raptor cage. Both good and the R2-D2 one being particularly befitting and functional for such a great collection of cult movies.

As a graphic designer and ultimately a critique, as well as a collector of SE sets, the only weak sport for me is the JP raptor cage, to me looks quite a plastic affair at this stage and I don't think the graphics for the bd cases particularly nice. Perhaps you are more concerned with the cage itself which is fair enough, but to my eye more work is needed for the whole graphic aspects of this project. Perhaps this is just a work in progress up for improvement I don't know.

We all have opinions of course and this is just my interpretation of your work. No offence intended, criticism just constructive and hopefully helpful. Very nice work overall and imo you are on the right track with your excellent concepts. Keep it up.

Last edited:
Dave I have only seen your R2-D2 shown here and the Jurassic Park raptor cage. Both good and the R2-D2 one being particularly befitting and functional for such a great collection of cult movies.

As a graphic designer and ultimately a critique, as well as a collector of SE sets, the only weak sport for me is the JP raptor cage, to me looks quite a plastic affair at this stage and I don't think the graphics for the bd cases particularly nice. Perhaps you are more concerned with the cage itself which is fair enough, but to my eye more work is needed for the whole graphic aspects of this project. Perhaps this is just a work in progress up for improvement I don't know.

We all have opinions of course and this is just my interpretation of your work. No offence intended, criticism just constructive and hopefully helpful. Very nice work overall and imo you are on the right track with your excellent concepts. Keep it up.

Grapey,

For my website, I only create ideas, not works of art. The basic idea being "Raptor Cage that looks exactly like it's movie counterpart with Raptors depicted on clear cover liners with an eye strategically visible through an opening in the cage".

I only do enough art to get the idea across. These are for blog entries, not my portfolio. Should it become a product, then it would be refined by a production team. I cannot spend too much time on visual aids for a blog entry. I re-use many assets.

I design video game CE's for clients - now those are big budget productions where not a single pixel is wasted, and the result of several days work. Sadly I cannot show those.

Criticism for the ideas in themselves are welcome, but there is nothing really finite about them. If they go to production then a million changes will likely occur. So "R2D2 Case with telescoping disc trays" could turn into any other number of configurations.

haha that's awesom, pmartin will like that.

Now when do we see a Hi-Def Ninja that houses steelbooks :naughty:

haha that's awesom, pmartin will like that.

Now when do we see a Hi-Def Ninja that houses steelbooks :naughty:

So let me get this straight (probably a dumb question), this forum is all about the Steelbook, and only the Steelbook?

I don't want to keep posting stuff I am way off topic. :ohno:

No it's not. Each forum is about each forum ... you are in the right area, just a lot of steelbooks fans here is all. The majority of this forum appeals to "blu-ray collector community" in general. Special packaging, limited editions, special editions, steelbooks, digibooks, etc. Then there is gaming areas, general, home theater etc.