Custom SteelBooks Designs - Post Your Own Concept Art!

Jan 25, 2010
Do you feel like you've got a creative streak and would like to try your hand at designing some custom concept steelbooks? Give it a shot and submit your designs. Whether you know Gimp, Paint, Photoshop or the graphics editor of your choice we would like you to submit your designs and take that small chance that a studio might one day pick up your creativeness and use it on the next steelbook out there.

Everybody's designs are welcome and are treated equal to others. Please also feel free to leave your comments and Thanks on other members designs. This helps promote confidence and assuredness of ones beautiful designs. If you have a request, ask one of the designers to work up a mockup for you and see what they can come up with. We're all here for one thing; Beautiful SteelBooks! Let's make it happen. :scat:

Please go to our Resource Manager and download some free Photoshop templates, filters and backdrops to get you started. CLICK HERE!
-- AcIDc0r3

C9FA4336-58C7-4D7D-B68A-57CD7B8BDAF4.jpeg
DB4B62C0-2144-43DA-BEE9-C9118F703CBC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

TheJoker

The Clown Prince Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 19, 2013
England
Hi guys, this is my first posting of my steelbook concept art. I am an artist and I created a Punisher painting which I thought would make a gritty Season 1 Netflix steelbook. I am hoping to transfer some more of my paintings into steelbook concepts, it is something I would love to do for a company someday! Thanks and I hope you guys enjoy the art and design of the steelbook

Welcome to HDN.
Punisher painting looks amazing and works very well on a steelbook(id buy it). I wish I had the talent myself to make original works of art which I could mock up on a steelbook but alas I’m resigned to use official movie artwork for my concepts. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and j_uk
Sep 29, 2018
Welcome to HDN.
Punisher painting looks amazing and works very well on a steelbook(id buy it). I wish I had the talent myself to make original works of art which I could mock up on a steelbook but alas I’m resigned to use official movie artwork for my concepts. Looking forward to seeing more from you.
Thanks so much, it's really humbling to hear people really like the design and especially the artwork! Concepts from movie artwork is also very awesome and I will make sure to keep an eye on your designs too :)

TheJoker

The Clown Prince Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jan 19, 2013
England
Batman (1989)
Got permission from the man himself Paul Shipper before I shared this. Batman in my opinion, deserves a premium release, and Paul's artwork would be a great choice. Rear artwork was remade by myself to echo that awesome scene with the Batwing.

Batman89PS.png

Sep 29, 2018
I posted this on the steelbook releases forum but probably this is a better place! Does anyone know how artists get chosen for steelbooks? I'm presuming there's no submission process and it's more likely these artists get contacted first hand from publishers/studios. I would love to submit artwork for steelbooks somehow..