Dallas Buyers Club (Possible Blu-ray Steelbook) -Feedback[UK]

Based on current artwork would you purchase this?

• Yes

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 81 60.0%

• Total voters
Even Kimchidvd could not sell all their stock of this movie even with their numerous diehard fans. To be absolutely blunt you will lose money hand over fist even if you change the artwork. You should really rethink your decision not to release a Insurgent steelbook. The decision to release this movie and Monstets2 with the current artwork is absolutely bonkers. Sorry to be harsh but that's the truth. @eonedirect
My exact sentiments. I was going to go ahead and get UK version of divergent but since Eone decided not to do the sequel steelbook (which doesn't make sense), I am going to skip Divergent.

Reactions: Flash
Its easily explainable, there is already a superior slipped version of this film available that can even be picked up for little over cost on places like eBay. Those that really loved the film bought the Kimchi version and even it took months to sell out at a far lower print run than this. Those that now want a copy are either collectors who don't buy Asian releases or those few that missed out on the original Kimchi version.This will be lucky if it even sells 2000 and that will take a least a year to shift.

For those that think continuous re-releases are great for business, they aren't unless that product is Marvel or Disney. Pretty much all other re-releases unless it's amazing art and a film like Terminator stay in stock and get discounted in price. Collectors are fairly savy to what will and won't sell out now and will leave retailers alone till the price dramatically drops. Zavvi are now suffering badly due to an oversaturation of overpriced re-releases and people are willing to wait for the prices to drop. That isn't good for profits. This title won't sell out for a very long time. It's not one many people will double dip on leaving only a small amount of people willing to order up front, regardless of how good the art might be. Hence the "No buys" are most likely to win this.

I couldn't agree more with everything you've said; however, I've interpreted the original post in a different way. The title of the Poll is "Based on current artwork would you purchase this?" Not, do you like the movie, what are your thoughts on the over-saturation of films like this, did you buy the Kimchi release, etc. Based on the artwork shown, yes, I would purchase this SteelBook were it to be produced. Perhaps the Poll should have include other options like, No, I've purchased another format/release, No, I don't like the movie, etc. I think that many of the No's in this poll are painting the picture that most don't like the artwork, whereas its more likely the No's are related to what you said in your reply to my post and in many cases have nothing to do with the artwork.

Reactions: psychoscot
My exact sentiments. I was going to go ahead and get UK version of divergent but since Eone decided not to do the sequel steelbook (which doesn't make sense), I am going to skip Divergent.

It annoying but reminds me of walking dead constantly told that the steel books were not continuing as they didn't sell etc, so spent all the money on the digibook of 4 which isn't great and not even opened since I got it for them to then 360' and are doing the steelbooks of Walking Dead :(

So not falling for it again with insurgent maybe in a year they'll do the steel book when the digibook doesn't sell. Lol

Reactions: psychoscot
It annoying but reminds me of walking dead constantly told that the steel books were not continuing as they didn't sell etc, so spent all the money on the digibook of 4 which isn't great and not even opened since I got it for them to then 360' and are doing the steelbooks of Walking Dead :(

So not falling for it again with insurgent maybe in a year they'll do the steel book when the digibook doesn't sell. Lol
Yep they made 4000 Divergent steels so it's still in stock. Except Marvel 4000 of anything will stay in stock these days. 2000 Print run would be much better, but even a small run won't see this sell out.

I couldn't agree more with everything you've said; however, I've interpreted the original post in a different way. The title of the Poll is "Based on current artwork would you purchase this?" Not, do you like the movie, what are your thoughts on the over-saturation of films like this, did you buy the Kimchi release, etc. Based on the artwork shown, yes, I would purchase this SteelBook were it to be produced. Perhaps the Poll should have include other options like, No, I've purchased another format/release, No, I don't like the movie, etc. I think that many of the No's in this poll are painting the picture that most don't like the artwork, whereas its more likely the No's are related to what you said in your reply to my post and in many cases have nothing to do with the artwork.
Least they know from many of the comments here that regardless of art this isn't going to be a popular title. Maybe 500 sold at most, but not with that art.

Reactions: Flash
Some thought has been put into this artwork, I like that the back and the front match (because sometimes designers don't think about that at all), but as the owner of the Kimchi lenticular edition, I'm not sure I'd buy another edition of Dallas Buyers Club. That being said, if I didn't own that one, I would buy this UK edition. Thanks eonedirect :).

I don't know why people don't want another steelbook version of this movie?! There are a lot of bad movies out there that have a couple of steelbook version and they really do not deserve it.

Personally I like this. Unique artwork that's entirely relevant to the film. It could look great with a gloss finish and embossed detailing / title. Its a powerful film, although it isn't one I plan on watching again any time soon.

I absolutely love this!!! a beautiful piece of art. I love all the Mondo style stuff and this is up there withe some of the nicest ive seen! I think alot of people on this thread are missing the fact that this is Art - alot like the fan art posters on Mondo. The Kimchi DVD release was very nice (apart from the Hideos Lenticular Ocard) and had some great extra goodies in the pack but i look at this as totally different! I collect fan art posters from the likes of Tyler Stout & Ken Taylor and think this is right up there with the likes of them. I've already got the original release Blu-ray of the film and probably wouldnt buy the Steelbook, but can respect the quality artwork! Unless it came with some great extras - postcards booklet and Poster maybe? Then I'd be all over it!!

I absolutely love this!!! a beautiful piece of art. I love all the Mondo style stuff and this is up there withe some of the nicest ive seen! I think alot of people on this thread are missing the fact that this is Art - alot like the fan art posters on Mondo. The Kimchi DVD release was very nice (apart from the Hideos Lenticular Ocard) and had some great extra goodies in the pack but i look at this as totally different! I collect fan art posters from the likes of Tyler Stout & Ken Taylor and think this is right up there with the likes of them. I've already got the original release Blu-ray of the film and probably wouldnt buy the Steelbook, but can respect the quality artwork! Unless it came with some great extras - postcards booklet and Poster maybe? Then I'd be all over it!!
But you still wouldn't buy it!

Reactions: kevindublin
Great artwork. Could look a little dull on a steel, would have to see it in person. I personally would not double dip on this film and I have the Kimchi. The film just isn't that special (and I have 7 different Drive steelbooks).

I really would like to see people do steelbooks of films that have never been released.

The breakfast club, weird science and masters of the universe, deserve at least one :)