Dallas Buyers Club (Possible Blu-ray Steelbook) -Feedback[UK]

Based on current artwork would you purchase this?

• Yes

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 81 60.0%

• Total voters
Hi Adrian,
I've recently bought the kimchi version so it would be a no from me.
Also not a fan of that artwork tbh needs to have some colour in it and possibly a whole different image. but thanks for the poll

What's happening with lost in translation?
Cheers

Looks great to me! It looks better than the steelbook from kimchi.
I have kimchi full slip but I would buy this ,too because I loved the movie.

Like the film would like a steelbook but that artwork is awful :/

Either do similar to kimchi or even the German one but that artwork up there is FUGLY!!

I like that artwork, although I agree that it could do with some colour. I honestly think this would struggle to sell though, because as a few people have already mentioned... Kimchi released a stunning steelbook edition for this just last year.

Agree with some other comments,Kimchi have done a brilliant version and despite liking the movie i wouldn't consider buying it again. Perhaps you need more of a mainstream movie for an initial release but then i guess its all about rights and licensing issues. Just wish somebody would do justice to LA Confidential or Goodfellas !

This is not something I'd personally be interested in as I don't like the artwork and I already have the KimchiDVD release. One release of this movie is enough for me so I won't be buying. However I wish you well with the release.

I agree especially Goodfellas. It's one of the best films ever and just had its 25th anniversary and we still have really cheap steels of it. LA Confidential I would definitely scoop up as well because it's one of my personal favorites but Goodfellas has huge mass appaeal, shocks me Warner Bros isn't trying to capitalize.

The artwork is trying to imitate the look of the dollar bill and I don't see why it would need more color.

A whole new image with more colour is what I meant. Pretty obviously it's supposed to be a bill

I think that looks OK to be honest.
But no matter what this looks like, its not a steel, i would even consider purchasing. ( Unless the price ever dropped, to something like £5.99 )

I must say I like the concept and idea. Both characters looks really great with that usd note style and I really like that creamy beige tone on the color.
It really depends on the finish I would say. It could be awesome or really cheap looking.
The J-Card needs to look like banknote wrappers or something like this :thumbs:

Thank you for your interest to involve us collectors :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I do like the artwork, and I enjoyed the film enough to want a copy at some point. But the issue that makes things tough is there are a lot of titles over the next few months that I want to purchase and will take priority over this title. And I don't see myself having the money left over to buy this.

I find the artwork an interesting alternate to other artwork we have seen, its different then using the standard amaray art. I can see why some people don't like it, which is fair enough we each have our own opinions.
At least a lot more effort and thought has gone into this design then some other steelbooks we have seen recently