Purchase::amazon:USA PS4 - USA XBOX1 - USA PC
Price: $59.99

destiny 2 - ps4.jpg destiny 2 - xb1.jpg915e0TtSVML._AC_SL1500_.jpg
C78JJWfU8AAOJbZ.jpg

db4xotb-74cb7985-6f20-423a-893c-fff43a87eaa3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Yep, I gave it a go after not really expecting much. Got to admit though... I loved it! But I can't quite put my finger on why, as it's not really that much different to the first game IMO. I think it might be to do with the fact that I was just playing it more casually rather than with a clan, plus the fact that it's been so long since I played Destiny, which I really enjoyed for the first year or so.

Did you get the chance to try out the Farm social space? They opened it for an hour one night and I was lucky enough to be online at the right time, so I jumped in and was amazed by how gorgeous it looked... it reminded me of The Last of Us in some ways. Really looking forward to the game's release now!
No I didnt.

I got to play the strike just once(tough one) and explore the first mission with Hunter and Warlock (liking the staff of the Hunters for sure)

I missed out on Destiny first time round as I didnt start playing until last summer (didnt get addicited to it until earlier this year, just before xmas tbh) but have a few buddies lined up to play with already - there are 3 of us regular with a few others, but we each have our fave, differing type (me Warlock, Tim = Titan and Paul = Hunter) so it works well, and cant wait to play through with them :)

I think we're all taking time off work around release date to thrape the game.

But like you, it's been a good few months since I had a decent Destiny fix and I was drawn right back in.
Its familiar enough with a few nice changes, from what I could see.
Am looking forward to working through all missions from the start as there are many I cant do as I missed the first couple of years.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
A lot of people (myself included back in the early days of Destiny) who play this game seem to like having special gear etc. as a way of showing off, so I guess this sort of stuff is very appealing to them. Personally I find the Kill-Tracker Ghost kind of pointless, and to me it's something everyone should already have anyway.
I guess i did forget this fanbase loves to have hard to get content.I mean they run the same strikes over and over again for a freaking piece of armor.

I guess i did forget this fanbase loves to have hard to get content.I mean they run the same strikes over and over again for a freaking piece of armor.
I would have (didnt have enough buddies for a raid, only 5 of us at most) - the collector in me gets triggered with stuff like that and Xur's visits

still not decided which way am buying this (have the steelbook on pre-order on amazon atm)

Might see where local does midnight releases or god forbid I may go digital for the £55!! (ouch)

Either way, I have the 6th through 11th September off work so thrape this beast :D

No I didnt.

I got to play the strike just once(tough one) and explore the first mission with Hunter and Warlock (liking the staff of the Hunters for sure)

I missed out on Destiny first time round as I didnt start playing until last summer (didnt get addicited to it until earlier this year, just before xmas tbh) but have a few buddies lined up to play with already - there are 3 of us regular with a few others, but we each have our fave, differing type (me Warlock, Tim = Titan and Paul = Hunter) so it works well, and cant wait to play through with them :)

I think we're all taking time off work around release date to thrape the game.

But like you, it's been a good few months since I had a decent Destiny fix and I was drawn right back in.
Its familiar enough with a few nice changes, from what I could see.
Am looking forward to working through all missions from the start as there are many I cant do as I missed the first couple of years.
Sorry for the late reply... not sure I received a notification for your post, or maybe I did but just forgot to reply for whatever reason. :facepalm:

Anyway, it sounds like you're in for a lot of fun with the game! I used to play with a clan and we did a lot of Raids and stuff together, but it eventually became one man too many (we had 7 players and the Raids were 6), so I basically just decided to drop out as I was getting bored of the game anyway.

There's two guys in particular from that clan though that I've known for years, so I'll more than likely play on Destiny 2 with them from time to time... although I mostly plan to play the game more casually/solo this time around and not get caught up in the Raids etc. as they're too stressful lol.

I actually only ever played as Titan on the first game and never even bothered to try out the other two classes. However, I gave all three a go in the Destiny 2 beta and I think I prefer the Hunter, so I'll more than likely go for that class when the game's released... should hopefully be a nice change. :)

no worries or need for apologies :)

Never managed to raid so am certainly looking forward to giving that a go, regardless of what buddies I have playing or not.
Played all 3 types (only the Hunter isnt fully maxed out, stuck at 40/398 with 2 spaces in the subclass) in the first game, any excuse to keep playing IMO :) and will likley do same again, but am more at home with the Warlock...though the new Hunter's special is pretty tempting.

yes, its less than a month away - already been a sad act and booked the 6th/7th/8th off work (have a medical app on 6th so needed that day off anyway...) but still not sure where am getting it from.
Not sure if there will be placed locally that open at midnight for it.
Plus I've seen the PS4 Pro in white bundle thats tempting me (am still rocking the PS4 day one console and it gets noiseier by the day)

spoilt for choice - all I know is am getting the game on PS4, day its released...just how, I dunno. lol

no worries or need for apologies :)

Never managed to raid so am certainly looking forward to giving that a go, regardless of what buddies I have playing or not.
Played all 3 types (only the Hunter isnt fully maxed out, stuck at 40/398 with 2 spaces in the subclass) in the first game, any excuse to keep playing IMO :) and will likley do same again, but am more at home with the Warlock...though the new Hunter's special is pretty tempting.

yes, its less than a month away - already been a sad act and booked the 6th/7th/8th off work (have a medical app on 6th so needed that day off anyway...) but still not sure where am getting it from.
Not sure if there will be placed locally that open at midnight for it.
Plus I've seen the PS4 Pro in white bundle thats tempting me (am still rocking the PS4 day one console and it gets noiseier by the day)

spoilt for choice - all I know is am getting the game on PS4, day its released...just how, I dunno. lol
Don't get me wrong, the Raids can be a lot of fun and you really feel like you've achieved something once you figure them out... but as the clan I was in grew, some members started to get quite competitive and took it way too seriously, which took the fun out of it for me. I'm sure you'll love them if it's your first time experiencing Raids though... no doubt I'll go back on my word and try them out too. :p

Yeah, the Hunter's special is what I'm really liking about that class... Titan's is pretty cool too IMO. I can't even remember what Warlock's is right now though to be honest lol. Part of me is considering going with the Titan again, just for old times sake... I guess I'll see how I feel on the day the game arrives though.

You're certainly not a sad act mate... I'm sure most of us have done the same and took time off from school or work because of a game (I've done both before lol). Whatever you decide to do, I hope you manage to get yourself a copy with ease on release day. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: yeslek
Don't get me wrong, the Raids can be a lot of fun and you really feel like you've achieved something once you figure them out... but as the clan I was in grew, some members started to get quite competitive and took it way too seriously, which took the fun out of it for me. I'm sure you'll love them if it's your first time experiencing Raids though... no doubt I'll go back on my word and try them out too. :p

Yeah, the Hunter's special is what I'm really liking about that class... Titan's is pretty cool too IMO. I can't even remember what Warlock's is right now though to be honest lol. Part of me is considering going with the Titan again, just for old times sake... I guess I'll see how I feel on the day the game arrives though.

You're certainly not a sad act mate... I'm sure most of us have done the same and took time off from school or work because of a game (I've done both before lol). Whatever you decide to do, I hope you manage to get yourself a copy with ease on release day. :thumbs:
am sure I will, even if I have to part with £55 digital to play it at Midnight :)

• Thanks
It’s time for some new Destiny 2 gameplay, Guardians. Settle in for an extended gameplay tour of the European Dead Zone, one of the large patrol zones available in the game. Check out the Adventures, Lost Sectors, High Value Targets, and the new Heroic versions of Public Events.

At least you know you'll get your money's worth even if you do pay that little bit extra for digital. ;)
TBF I know others than have taken time off to immurse in new games so I feel a tad behind (though still feel its a bit sad, but in a good way :) ) having finally booked time off for the game.

Only drawback is I've now been asked to work in York the w/e of 9th/10th Sept....might have to take my PS4 with me to game in the hotel at nights.... :)

But yes. The amount of joy and time I got from the last game....I do feel its £90 worth for the full whack so I cant begrudge paying full price for it.

• Thanks