Slipbox Deux Jours, Une Nuit (Two Days, One Night) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.13) [Korea]

What's your favorite cover artwork?

• A. Plain Archive exclusive version

Votes: 30 85.7%
  • B. Criterion Collection

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • C. Both

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: October 27th, 2015
Purchase link:
Dual Pack - $65.00
Type A (2,000 limited print run / 500 copies only for International) - $34.29
Type B (1,500 limited print run / 500 copies only for international) - $34.29

Price: Dual Pack - $65.00 / Type A&B - $34.29

Pre-order time table
11949380_741424379335380_5140738687991709255_n.png

Type A
A_b61748a9-bf1a-443f-a1c1-15da67801105.jpg

Type B

B_1682a843-7bf2-4dbc-8338-bc5c288d0bd1.jpg

10410406_701830826628069_2496968718466176997_n.jpg 10476987_701830889961396_929152863165939027_n.jpg 11012942_701830743294744_3603033069372327592_n.jpg 11215763_701830896628062_5909329378376850681_n.jpg 11257792_701830876628064_6877841095920524915_n.jpg 11401424_701830936628058_3305033589284752415_n.jpg 11402732_701830833294735_2834885664305044757_n.jpg

New teaser image from PA's Instagram

View attachment 161400

Last edited:
Maybe you try to think a little bit outside of your shelf. First and foremost we are responsible for this. We sold out every release so that a small company like PA don't need to sell out a whole print run anymore to finance the next one. That's a big success for PA. They raised the international print run from 400 to 500 copies, thats not huge. And they did it for us collectors. They did it for folk who can't make the live time so they can order easy hours or a day later. And they did for collectors who find out later about PA and maybe got 3-4 titles in stock they can grab without paying 20-100 EUR more each at eBay.
I know theres a lot of collectors who think like you. But for me it's a selfish way to collect, if I get the chance to enjoy these editions I hope as many as possible can get the chance too. PA is not for a small circle of elite people, its a culture thing. Culture beyond media. And for me the choice of movies is done perfectly. But thats a thing you cant discuss because its taste and I'm glad its different to anybody.

I'm glad you got what you wanted which is a higher print run for starters and am very happy for you. I never said anything really derogatory about PA I just thought they made a mistake by increasing there print runs and that I won't be buying another title from them for a while because I've seen the list of their next 6-7 titles and thought none of those are for me. Which isn't a shock when you basically produce all arthouse/foreign films the odds are most people are only occasionally going to enjoy there titles. Searching for Sugar Man will be my last PA release for me for quite a while.

Telling me that enjoying the smaller print runs is the wrong way to collect is a preference. We are all collectors and to tell me my preference is not the way you collect is fine but I personally would never tell someone how they are suppose to collect or the "right way" to collect something that is, well, collectable. Also, "And they did it for us collectors." I guess you have a whole different kind of respect for PA vs all the other Asian SB company's. It is a culture thing and all the rest of the stuff you said so enjoy I hope they live up to everything you say. Night ladies and gentleman.

I'm glad you got what you wanted which is a higher print run for starters and am very happy for you. I never said anything really derogatory about PA I just thought they made a mistake by increasing there print runs and that I won't be buying another title from them for a while because I've seen the list of their next 6-7 titles and thought none of those are for me. Which isn't a shock when you basically produce all arthouse/foreign films the odds are most people are only occasionally going to enjoy there titles. Searching for Sugar Man will be my last PA release for me for quite a while.

Telling me that enjoying the smaller print runs is the wrong way to collect is a preference. We are all collectors and to tell me my preference is not the way you collect is fine but I personally would never tell someone how they are suppose to collect or the "right way" to collect something that is, well, collectable. Also, "And they did it for us collectors." I guess you have a whole different kind of respect for PA vs all the other Asian SB company's. It is a culture thing and all the rest of the stuff you said so enjoy I hope they live up to everything you say. Night ladies and gentleman.

how to put it politely. if you really think so, your knowledge of arthouse/foreign films is not very broad.

Reactions: Chenhao
Thanks for the love, tags and posts @NoDingsNoScratches @rodtp @Netclone @Sigill :thumbs::drool::notworthy::kiss:
Anyone of us who got love for such detail and creative releases could say exactly the same thing so I'm more than happy that HDN got the name tagged on their FB
and that Plain appreciate our community and our opinion. It's like I said, from Collectors for Collectors.

I never told you what is right or wrong. You said your point of view and I mine. Thats why we here for, discussion. And I never criticized your taste in movies. I said its good that its different.
I got what I wanted when I ordered. I enjoy that others can feel exactly the same way also two days after the pre-order went live. Collectors or cineasts who don't care about the first 100 numbered.
PA don't need to improve their selves anymore. We got enough Grails. The Melancholias, Blue is the warmest Color, the selective title. And I mean Grail money wise. For me every release till now
is a grail creatively and design-wise. And for me they pick awesome movies.

Besides "I saw the Devil" and "Ida" I owned, watched and enjoyed every movie before they announced it:

plain.png

It just fits for me perfectly but I would never criticize that or say you must feel the same. I just wanted to point out that PA grew from a teenager to a mature. And I love it. I enjoy it. I adore it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the love, tags and posts @NoDingsNoScratches .
...PA don't need to improve their selves anymore. We got enough Grails....

#NinjaStrong

The thing about PLAIN is, the are constantly improving. With their packaging, PLAIN's focuses on trying to provide the best in the world.

And we can never have enough PA grails! Lolol

Thanks for the love, tags and posts @NoDingsNoScratches @rodtp @Netclone @Sigill :thumbs::drool::notworthy::kiss:
Anyone of us who got love for such detail and creative releases could say exactly the same thing so I'm more than happy that HDN got the name tagged on their FB
and that Plain appreciate our community and our opinion. It's like I said, from Collectors for Collectors.

I never told you what is right or wrong. You said your point of view and I mine. Thats why we here for, discussion. And I never criticized your taste in movies. I said its good that its different.
I got what I wanted when I ordered. I enjoy that others can feel exactly the same way also two days after the pre-order went live. Collectors or cineasts who don't care about the first 100 numbered.
PA don't need to improve their selves anymore. We got enough Grails. The Melancholias, Blue is the warmest Color, the selective title. And I mean Grail money wise. For me every release till now
is a grail creatively and design-wise. And for me they pick awesome movies.
Besides "I saw the Devil" and "Ida" I owned, watched and enjoyed every movie before they announced it:
It just fits for me perfectly but I would never criticize that or say you must feel the same. I just wanted to point out that PA grew from a teenager to a mature. And I love it. I enjoy it. I adore it.

Dan you did say, "it's a selfish way to collect"
I never intended to offend anyone all I was doing was giving my opinion about my personal taste that I would have preferred that PA would keep the number of copies the way it was. Now I have you netfilim butting in with because I said "Which isn't a shock when you basically produce all arthouse/foreign films." which he highlighted to explain my horrible taste in movies. PA said themselves that those types of movies are what they are going to produce and are not going to make any blockbuster films it's on there own website? How is me saying that anything but just telling it like it is? Before I said that I explained that I won't be purchasing there next 6-7 titles because I have not interest in the movies, it has nothing to do with how many copies they make. What is your problem netfilim you just like to pick fights why would you even post that all your looking for is a back and forth fight. Me and Dan are actually having a back and forth conversion, you just here to poke someone into a war of words, kinda sad.
Anyway if PA said they were going to release Clerks, Kids, or A Guide to Recognizing you Saints I would be first in line. I would rather they kept the number of copies less than they have been making lately but I would still buy those releases and others I enjoy because they put out a great product, my only complaint was about the amount of copies, of course I'm going to run into a patch of movies they make that I am not going to buy, like most people, I am not going to enjoy every title a company makes. Only Film Arena and Blufans do I buy all copies regardless which is the OCD in me.
I rarely hold grudges so I'm fine with whatever has been said dan88, I hope you feel the same way and call this a misunderstanding
Some of the fun in collecting for me is trying to find a copy of something I do not own and want. Of course some of the first 4 or 5 releases from PA are going to be worth more, they were not one of the "it" SB companies at the time. I think you have the wrong idea and don't buy PA steelbooks. I own Melancholia and the U5 edition, All 3 versions of the Wrestler but not the UE 6 Edition, all 3 versions of the Master and the UE 6 Edition, Both Type A & B of both Rust and Bone and Searching for the Sugar Man, and the ZDT Keepcase. So when PA puts out something I like I will get it. That's all folks, not going to respond to this topic again I think we've covered it. Other than a small misunderstanding I think you did make some good points Dan and I understand you really are passionate about PA and other than a slight slip up 99% of our conversation was good, Take Care.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885
@Jaxxx Thats true, I said that. But it is my general opinion to this view of collecting. I really think its selfish to think like that, like they should keep the print run low that only a few collectors can get it. I don't get what other reason is to be more limited, and we're still talking about 500 pieces whats still low. I totally respect your opinion but I can not agree with it. I think collecting is about sharing and enjoying things. So it speaks against my conception of collecting. I get your point with "the hunt". But you got still enough titles you can hunt. Look what @djjez83 is doing. He pulled titles I never heard of whats PA related/selective. That was my point, we already got the editions you can hunt. When you own the "popular" grails like you said, awesome collection by the way, and you love PA go for Selective. Its hard enough. And we will still get those "hunt releases". Oldboy will truly be going this route. I Saw the Devil is slowly going to be hard to get. And I can see when "Two Days, One Night" will sold out it could go this route also. Full Slips are amazing quality wise and creative.

I don't hold any grudge against you buddy, thats what I said, we are here to discuss different point of views. Thats what keeps our minds open :thumbs:

Dan you did say, "it's a selfish way to collect"
I never intended to offend anyone all I was doing was giving my opinion about my personal taste that I would have preferred that PA would keep the number of copies the way it was. Now I have you netfilim butting in with because I said "Which isn't a shock when you basically produce all arthouse/foreign films." which he highlighted to explain my horrible taste in movies. PA said themselves that those types of movies are what they are going to produce and are not going to make any blockbuster films it's on there own website? How is me saying that anything but just telling it like it is? Before I said that I explained that I won't be purchasing there next 6-7 titles because I have not interest in the movies, it has nothing to do with how many copies they make. What is your problem netfilim you just like to pick fights why would you even post that all your looking for is a back and forth fight. Me and Dan are actually having a back and forth conversion, you just here to poke someone into a war of words, kinda sad.
Anyway if PA said they were going to release Clerks, Kids, or A Guide to Recognizing you Saints I would be first in line. I would rather they kept the number of copies less than they have been making lately but I would still buy those releases and others I enjoy because they put out a great product, my only complaint was about the amount of copies, of course I'm going to run into a patch of movies they make that I am not going to buy, like most people, I am not going to enjoy every title a company makes. Only Film Arena and Blufans do I buy all copies regardless which is the OCD in me.
I rarely hold grudges so I'm fine with whatever has been said dan88, I hope you feel the same way and call this a misunderstanding
Some of the fun in collecting for me is trying to find a copy of something I do not own and want. Of course some of the first 4 or 5 releases from PA are going to be worth more, they were not one of the "it" SB companies at the time. I think you have the wrong idea and don't buy PA steelbooks. I own Melancholia and the U5 edition, All 3 versions of the Wrestler but not the UE 6 Edition, all 3 versions of the Master and the UE 6 Edition, Both Type A & B of both Rust and Bone and Searching for the Sugar Man, and the ZDT Keepcase. So when PA puts out something I like I will get it. That's all folks, not going to respond to this topic again I think we've covered it. Other than a small misunderstanding I think you did make some good points Dan and I understand you really are passionate about PA and other than a slight slip up 99% of our conversation was good, Take Care.

wow. man cool down ! you made reference to arthouse films. and I just quoted it. I did not in any way suggested your taste in films is horrible.

and pls when quoting quote. so one can reply.