Devils Double (HMV Exclusive Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

justintime2k

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Shoreham By Sea, UK
Release date: 26-12-2011

region locked.

edit - apsmith21 - from the distributor's facebook page...

question said:
Thanks for the pics. Steelbook looks amazing. BTW it is a steelbook right? Not a stickerbook (Steelbook with artwork stuck on rather than printed on)

answer said:
Glad you like! It is indeed a Steelbook (ie. gold finish metal case) for the blu-ray. Image is printed, but the quality if premium. You'll have to check it out in HMV stores!

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=388108

38304310150358341126845 (Medium).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received this one myself... very nice steelbook! They could have at least made the interior gold to match the exterior though, that would have looked pretty cool IMO.

I'm actually very happy with this little steel. it's a full print, not a sticker book, J sleeve oppose to being printed on the back and it only cost me £10.97 with discount. Thats an awesome steelbook in my books. Sure, it dose not have any inside artwork, and that's a shame, but looking at the Pro's of this steel...it's good, and I for one am very happy...

Rockafella you ROCK! Thanks!

Shame about no inside artwork though. Only thing left to know is if it will work here in Reigon A.

I think it's region B lock, it's written only "B" on back cardboard :(

but it's really an awesome steel although it's no inside artwork

not bad for the price...

is there a 24k marking somewhere? My gold dealer is gonna look for that in order for me to cash in...

This steel looks awesome, no bothered about inside art icon have done a really good job considering the disaster of source code.

its here

got my copy this morning, and its ok :D
NO printed text/logos (all on the data card)
but NO embossing or debossing, nor inside artwork, but then for £11.99 nobody could reasonably expect that.

its a nice gold finish all over, pix attatched :scat:

Attachments

• dev1done.jpg
    dev1done.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 56
  • dev1adone.jpg
    dev1adone.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 56
  • dev2dine.jpg
    dev2dine.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 58
  • dev3dine.jpg
    dev3dine.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 54
  • dev4done.jpg
    dev4done.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 53
got my copy today also, this is a really nice steel all gold in gloss finish no ratings and back art, no inside art but thats not a big problem anyway.

looks way better than the dutch release thats coming out anyway, that seems to have ratings printed, gold blu ray banner and printed text on the back.

Looks great, now I need to get one. ;)

Good movie, watched it other day. real good, special features are trippy too.

anyone in UK with region free player? if so, test it! Data cards have been known to be incorrect at times ... tho I do suspect with this studio it may be correct this time.

just received this from hmv to USA.

here is a picture of their packaging...the steelbook is loose inside the box...no bubble wrapping...fortunately, it arrived okay.

gotta admit...pretty fast shipping from Europe to USA...so much better than a lot of things I ordered from eBay that that i'm still waiting after 2 weeks :(

as for the steelbook, it feels so cheap. maybe it has 1 disc inside and it feels so light. Oh well...I'm not too excited about this one....at least it will occupy a space on the shelf.

the more I look at it..the more it looks cheap looking...feel very dull...poor quality printing image...

I'm going to rank this one of my worst steelbook quality.... it DOES NOT even look close like the image from the top page.

I'm going to cancel the Drive HMW pre-order...

img1969s.jpg

Last edited: