UK
Release date: May 20, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $10.99
Notes: Gloss finish

The entire line-up of Anchor Bay 2014 Wave of Blu-ray SteelBooks

13132620596_p0_v2_s260x420.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, how is this not already better than the current steels available? They all have that "THE NEW FILM BY QUENTIN TARANTINO" line and matte finishes. The Canadian steel has a bilingual spine.

Not to discredit the current artwork, but it says "WRITTEN & DIRECTED by QUENTIN TARANTINO" and it has all the actors' names all of the front.

If we're talking text on the cover...

Reactions: snooloui
but they're written in a nice font, with the right matching colours, so the result it's pretty clean ;)
I'm really tempted to double dip this one

13132620596_p0_v2_s600.JPG

but they're written in a nice font, with the right matching colours, so the result it's pretty clean ;)
I'm really tempted to double dip this one

13132620596_p0_v2_s600.JPG

It's the same nice font... and the colors match with the colors of this steelbook...
smiley-confused004.gif

I'm not trying to argue against this new steelbook, just... your points don't really make sense.
kk53.png

Also, the new art is just the slipcover art from another release.

Last edited:
It's the same nice font... and the colors match with the colors of this steelbook...
smiley-confused004.gif

I'm not trying to argue against this new steelbook, just... your points don't really make sense.
kk53.png

Also, the new art is just the slipcover art from another release.

I'm talking about the look of this new front cover and not comparing it to previous versions. So my points don't make sense of what?
I was explaining why names and text on this one don't bother me at all.
The cover is clean enough, there's no blue banner (like the digi with the same cover you talk about), a lighter color palette and not too much red.
It's nice and well done, simply.

Last edited:
No american ninjas have it in hand yet ? :(

I need pics before ordering :D

edit : ouppps...

I thought release date was 16h may, sorry ^^

Really curious to see some preview from you american ninjas, I've ordered from Barnes & Noble (with Evil Dead, 35$ total shipped to Italy) and I'm sadly going to wait almost a month to have it here (without customs i hope!!!)

Well officially, its not out till tomorrow. :p

Edit; Looks like Wal-Mart is selling it as well. So its plausible if in store you could see pics tonight. Not from me. Don't think I'll be buying any of these, that is unless there's a gem in there.

Last edited:
I will have pics later tonight. Cant believe they put those damn security strips on the back of each one. I even got an opened one without the Blu-ray inside. Damn thief working at amazon!!!

Half of them had slashed spines.

DO NOT ORDER THIS FROM BARNES AND NOBLE!!! I got this in the mail today along with Lawless and Jurassic Park (Reel Heroes), and they were all damaged because the morons crammed it into a flimsy cardboard envelope. Django was the most damaged of the lot. I will be returning them tomorrow for a refund and buying them somewhere else.

Comon more picture open it
I can't as pic's were from sam305 over at other site I just re-posted them for members here.

Is that back a back slip or is it printed on the steelbook?
Not printed back has a backing card I think.

He made a small video to but unfortunately he didn't open it. :(

I will have pics later tonight. Cant believe they put those damn security strips on the back of each one. I even got an opened one without the Blu-ray inside. Damn thief working at amazon!!!

Half of them had slashed spines.
Chip any chance of some better pic's buddy. :movie:

Last edited by a moderator: