Release date: May 20, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $10.99
Notes: Gloss finish

The entire line-up of Anchor Bay 2014 Wave of Blu-ray SteelBooks

13132620596_p0_v2_s260x420.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics

Here are the pics of my copy that arrived today - enjoy!

Django-1.jpg

Gloss finish with metallic effect on the title:
Django-2.jpg

Clean raw metal with smoky artwork on back cover: (beware that nasty anti-theft tag)
Django-3.jpg

Close up of the back cover artwork:
Django-34.jpg

Inside artwork: one color paint job :)
Django-5.jpg

Full spread:
Django-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking forward to this release, and I'm not all too disappointed or excited about it. I like the front and back artwork and the front/spine have a good white paint job. The only con about the steel is the blank inside art. Just seems like an opportunity lost. But, overall it's what I expected and I'm happy with the pictures I've seen. Will pick this one up.

This looks like a mess IMO. Glossy front and then a raw metal back????? Is the character on the back spot glossed even?

And what's with the inside? I can understand if it's blank but why have it black??

Reactions: lolwut
I think this looks pretty good, will pick this up when there's a price drop as I already own the amaray. Shame about the inside though.

no many problems about the inside artwork (maybe a plain red instead of black would've been better) but that back is disappointing!
The image looks cool and you simply can't mess the style forgetting the white background, and i'm not usually against bare metal finish, but that's messy even with a nice gloss.

glad you made me cancel the order.

I love the artwork, but I hate some of their design choices.

Unless this drops to <$10, I'll stick with the original target one that has inside artwork and 3 discs. Besides, I already spent time on that steel, swapping it's innards to hold 3 discs properly.
i6nw.jpg

Reactions: Marina Blue
I pre-ordered this at just over £10 a few months back (as seen earlier on in the thread) but cancelled when I realised Anchor Bay were distributing (region locked). It looks pretty decent though.