UK
Release date: May 20, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $10.99
Notes: Gloss finish

The entire line-up of Anchor Bay 2014 Wave of Blu-ray SteelBooks

13132620596_p0_v2_s260x420.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The back spoils it, the plain metal section looks horrible and the lack of real inside artwork is disappointing. The previous versions are a step above this one in my opinion.

fully agree... especially the moronic choice to have the entire inside painted black instead of using that real estate for actual artwork from the movie. derrrr.

no thanks.

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
cost is always key in USA steelbooks. The print runs are CRAZY huge compared to any other Country so thats why you see things like no inside art at times on stuff in USA. It's the nature of the beast. New Releases have more flex room, but esp with catalogs if not sharing with EU or Global then things like this can often happen.

I'm not defending the act in regards to what Collectors want .... I'm just telling you like it is how I've been told. The end result is getting a SteelBook to the masses at a better price. In which case will also bring more collectors to our hobby ... which is always a good thing.

Saw this at walmart passed on it for King Kong and Jurassic park two movies I didn't have in steel yet. Heck I'd pass again next week to get the law abiding citizen and saving private Ryan I saw. I already have the target edition no need to double dip when there are steels in the store I don't have a version of yet.

I like the artwork for this django steelbook. I have the uk edition and i prefer this better...

cost is always key in USA steelbooks. The print runs are CRAZY huge compared to any other Country so thats why you see things like no inside art at times on stuff in USA. It's the nature of the beast. New Releases have more flex room, but esp with catalogs if not sharing with EU or Global then things like this can often happen.

I'm not defending the act in regards to what Collectors want .... I'm just telling you like it is how I've been told. The end result is getting a SteelBook to the masses at a better price. In which case will also bring more collectors to our hobby ... which is always a good thing.

I hear ya, but honestly even if it's as much as $1.00 more per steelbook (which I don't think it is that much), I'd rather they up the price accordingly and put some nice art on the inside. I used to buy "blankies" every now and then back in the day so I could put my own inside art, but those days are over.

Care to revise your statement? ;)

The back spoils it, the plain metal section looks horrible and the lack of real inside artwork is disappointing. The previous versions are a step above this one in my opinion.

No. It's still glossy, and the front is still a much better design. It doesn't say "THE NEW FILM BY QUENTIN TARANTINO", and the red title has a nice shine to it.

I am disappointed by the lack of inside art and the metal back, but I don't regret getting rid of my UK steel at all. I hate dull matte black steels. The only thing better about that one is the inside art, and maybe the back if it had been centered.

I'm actually returning mine for a replacement though, because Amazon shipped me a dented copy in a bubble mailer.

Problem with double dips is I like to get the non double dips first and they always seem to release 20 movies at a time. By the time I get to the double dips they've normally packaged em up and sent them back.

I'm pretty sure it's surplus stock they're buying from US distributors, not directly from Scanavo. They still have to pay shipping costs wherever it comes from. I notice you avoided the issue of their other overheads.
I didn't avoid anything???

Anyway if they have so many overheads as you say, why are they the same price as Zavvi's regular stock?