Doctor Strange (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Collection #11) [Korea]

Feb 11, 2013
Release date: July 31, 2017
Purchase links: TBA - (Pre-order on July 21 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $47.99
HDN Group Buy: hosted by cooey One click - Lenticular - Full Slip A1 - Full Slip A2
Note: 1500 numbered copies (450 Full Slip A1 - 350 Full Slip A2 - 700 Lenticular) - The first 150 numbered copies are for the One Click.

20133589_1570608646343905_1424890244_o.jpg20050208_1570608639677239_1386920543_o.jpg20107771_1570608653010571_1178511211_o.jpg
timeforkimchidvd.jpg

Last edited:
are there a lot of people who have the same issue as @adarkcorner with the fullslip full of scratches on back of fullslips ?

This is just a nightmare so sorry mate @adarkcorner

Thanks, man. I later checked out the back covers of my other Kimchi/Weet releases like Winter Soldier, and it turns out that they all have this kind of flaw to one degree or another. The reason it looks so bad on this release is primarily because of full slip A1, where the back is mostly just black area with no detail to disguise the scratching. It's not nearly as noticeable on full slip A2 because there's a lot of art detail on the back of that one.

The scratches are faint "coating" scratches in the gloss finish--it basically looks like several years of shelf wear on what's supposed to be a brand new item.

Thanks, man. I later checked out the back covers of my other Kimchi/Weet releases like Winter Soldier, and it turns out that they all have this kind of flaw to one degree or another. The reason it looks so bad on this release is primarily because of full slip A1, where the back is mostly just black area with no detail to disguise the scratching. It's not nearly as noticeable on full slip A2 because there's a lot of art detail on the back of that one.

The scratches are faint "coating" scratches in the gloss finish--it basically looks like several years of shelf wear on what's supposed to be a brand new item.

That sucks :confused: ...I am scared of getting CA First Avenger now don't want to deal with scratched copies (n):dunno: ...My Arrival did not have those scratches :dunno:

• Thanks
Reactions: adarkcorner
That sucks :confused: ...I am scared of getting CA First Avenger now don't want to deal with scratched copies (n):dunno: ...My Arrival did not have those scratches :dunno:

It's possible that I've just been unlucky with the Kimchi/Weet combination. But I've seen other people in this thread mention this kind of wear on their full slips.

Wreck thinks it has something to do with the machine they use for their holofoil slips--like there's too much friction against the slips at some point in the process. All of the glossy Kimchi/Weet slips I have also feature holofoil, so he may very well be right. But it's odd that it's only the backs of the slips that have the problem--I assume the slips would be one long, flat piece while being printed, so it seems like any scratching that the machine does would be on everything, not just the back. Who knows? Just have to live with it, I guess.

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
It's possible that I've just been unlucky with the Kimchi/Weet combination. But I've seen other people in this thread mention this kind of wear on their full slips.

Wreck thinks it has something to do with the machine they use for their holofoil slips--like there's too much friction against the slips at some point in the process. All of the glossy Kimchi/Weet slips I have also feature holofoil, so he may very well be right. But it's odd that it's only the backs of the slips that have the problem--I assume the slips would be one long, flat piece while being printed, so it seems like any scratching that the machine does would be on everything, not just the back. Who knows? Just have to live with it, I guess.

Thanks for all the info provided :thumbs: ...I guess since all my WeET Collaboration that I got all had Fullslip Treatment no holofoil on it so makes sense there would be no scratches from what you explained, but for my It Follows despite the Steel to be full of scratches, the Holofoil Fullslip did not have any imperfection (n):dunno:...but that was with The Blu so I don't know if they would use the same machines. I guess knowing if the fullslips for CA1 that is upcoming will have a smooth back art, can be an indication if there will be scratches or not dunno :cautious:

• Thanks
Thanks for all the info provided :thumbs: ...I guess since all my WeET Collaboration that I got all had Fullslip Treatment no holofoil on it so makes sense there would be no scratches from what you explained, but for my It Follows despite the Steel to be full of scratches, the Holofoil Fullslip did not have any imperfection (n):dunno:...but that was with The Blu so I don't know if they would use the same machines. I guess knowing if the fullslips for CA1 that is upcoming will have a smooth back art, can be an indication if there will be scratches or not dunno :cautious:

:LOL: Don't get me started about It Follows! That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the backs of these Dr. Strange slips. I bought six copies of that damn release trying to get one steelbook that wasn't a mess, but they all sucked. But you're right, aside from that, none of the Blu Collection releases have had any problems at all. Nor have any of the other releases I have from companies that are paired with Kimchi, like D'ailly, Info, etc. It seems to be specifically the Weet slips that have a problem.

• Thanks
It appears for It Follows that the steel were not drying like they should have been. that made full of imprints on the steel. As much as Tony was trying to help, he had put bot my replacement steels each on a mouse pad with a paper bag not tight and the back of the mouse pad imprinted on the back of the steel...so I don't know why they were not drying out as they should. But knowing all, most all, steels were like that I made peace with it.

But I am not liking the odds of Captain America First Avenger to come with scratched slips... when you spoke about it to Wreck, was the information of that issue passed on to Kimchi ? :cautious:

• Thanks
It appears for It Follows that the steel were not drying like they should have been. that made full of imprints on the steel. As much as Tony was trying to help, he had put bot my replacement steels each on a mouse pad with a paper bag not tight and the back of the mouse pad imprinted on the back of the steel...so I don't know why they were not drying out as they should. But knowing all, most all, steels were like that I made peace with it.

But I am not liking the odds of Captain America First Avenger to come with scratched slips... when you spoke about it to Wreck, was the information of that issue passed on to Kimchi ? :cautious:

Well, when I first contacted Wreck about it, I asked if it would be possible to get replacement slips from Tony. He replied that he and Cooey could do that, but that it was like pulling teeth trying to get replacement items from Kimchi (which I've seen many people say here at HDN, so I was expecting it). He went on to mention how a lot of the Kimchi holofoil products have this scratching problem, including several of his own items--this was what led to me examining my other Kimchi releases and discovering that all of the holofoil slips by Weet are scuffed in the same way that my Dr. Strange full slips are.

So I wrote back to Wreck saying it looks like it's a common thing with Kimchi/Weet, and told him not to bother with trying to get me replacements personally. But I said I'd still like to be part of the action if a lot of people here raise a stink about it and influence Kimchi to offer replacement slips. So I'm not sure if he or Cooey will mention anything to Tony/Kimchi unless something like that happens.

• Thanks
No harm in me getting you replacements though @adarkcorner it's not going to cost you any effort is it? ;)

:LOL: Well, that's true--I just kind of figured the replacements are likely to have the same problem. But maybe not--I'm guessing now that the back cover scratches happen at some point after the slip is actually folded/assembled. Since the replacements would probably be flat/unassembled, I might get lucky. Would you mind giving it a shot? And I realize it might take them an eternity, which is fine. If I eventually get them, it'll just be an unexpected surprise.

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
:LOL: Well, that's true--I just kind of figured the replacements are likely to have the same problem. But maybe not--I'm guessing now that the back cover scratches happen at some point after the slip is actually folded/assembled. Since the replacements would probably be flat/unassembled, I might get lucky. Would you mind giving it a shot? And I realize it might take them an eternity, which is fine. If I eventually get them, it'll just be an unexpected surprise.

that is why tipping our GB hosts is a nice thing, they go above and beyond for us :notworthy:

They'll be assembled, they won't be flat :) But yeah I've already given Tony the heads up that I'll be requesting some replacement slips so he is aware

They'll be assembled, they won't be flat :) But yeah I've already given Tony the heads up that I'll be requesting some replacement slips so he is aware

Ahh, that's right, you can't just fold them up yourself--they have to actually be glued and such. Well, it's still worth a shot. Thanks, mate!

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
Just got my order in and my Type B is defective. The shipping box was fine and it was wrapped with the usual excessive amounts of bubble wrap, but the steel book is all messed up and bent inside like it was crushed and the lent full slip is all warped as well. I sent an email to Tony but who knows what they can do as I'm sure it's long gone.

Just got my order in and my Type B is defective. The shipping box was fine and it was wrapped with the usual excessive amounts of bubble wrap, but the steel book is all messed up and bent inside like it was crushed and the lent full slip is all warped as well. I sent an email to Tony but who knows what they can do as I'm sure it's long gone.
:angry:The one who packed it should have notice that the steel was not good as it is clearly visible and the bend is feelable to the hand, unless it was packed by a robot:cautious:

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
damn, that sucks. I hope you will get a replacement or at least a refund.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart