Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 6, 2023
Purchase link: Amazon FR - Fnac - E.Leclerc
Price: €34.99
Notes: Both UHD and Blu-ray discs has forced french subtitles when audio set to English - Some Panasonic players models not all have the ability to force subtitles off in player settings but some other brands of UHD players don't have that option

Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 11.46.22 Medium.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So you own French blu rays?

And I don't mean Universal or WB releases.
Yes I own plenty of french (and other eurozone) blu-rays that are region specific and not a ww distributor like universal etc..

EEAAO was a recent example where you could turn off french subs via the player menu (UB820), that would of otherwise automatically played with the English atmos track.

Yes I own plenty of french (and other eurozone) blu-rays that are region specific and not a ww distributor like universal etc..

EEAAO was a recent example where you could turn off french subs via the player menu (UB820), that would of otherwise automatically played with the English atmos track.
EEAAO didn't have forced subtitles though.....

Screenshot_20230912_151223.jpg

You can't just presume because you have one French title that they can all be turned off.....

EEAAO didn't have forced subtitles though.....

View attachment 563067

You can't just presume because you have one French title that they can all be turned off.....
That's wrong btw. People reported 'forced' French subs along with the original Atmos track. Go check out the thread..

You can't just presume because you've read a spec sheet ;)

That was just one example anyway, I've come across others before now. It's not like you actually know yourself do you? You're just arguing with me for the sake of it.

I got delivery today
A bad dent on side and back of SteelBook
Amazon France have arranged a replacement be sent

The 4K UHD and Blu-ray discs French Subtitles is forced if you select Audio in English
No option to turn off subs in menu

Some might be lucky if their player can force subtitles off
Both my Sony 4K UHD Blu-ray Player and Toshiba Blu-ray player no option to force subtitles off

Ouch, unfortunate. On both accounts. I guess maybe because I've pretty much always had Panasonic blu-ray/4k players I've not had that issue. There's a player "option" menu that allows you to change track and sub options while the feature is on.

Ouch, unfortunate. On both accounts. I guess maybe because I've pretty much always had Panasonic blu-ray/4k players I've not had that issue. There's a player "option" menu that allows you to change track and sub options while the feature is on.
Yes, that and you don't know as much as you think.

That 'spec sheet' is from dvdrewind.com

And the info is confirmed by collectors..... Not everyone has a 'fancy' player.

I'm not arguing with you for the sake of it. But you have a habit of jumping into conversations between members and giving false Information. A lot of your responses is based on presumptions and it annoys me to be honest.

Its not the first time you've done it either. You already caused confusion in this thread saying preorder for UK showed up for you (because you were in Italy!!! :LOL:)

So despite your eagerness to plunge two feet into something, I actually do know what I'm talking about......

Last edited:
I got delivery today
A bad dent on side and back of SteelBook
Amazon France have arranged a replacement be sent

The 4K UHD and Blu-ray discs French Subtitles is forced is you select Audio in English
No option to turn off subs in menu

Some might be lucky if their player can force subtitles off
Both my Sony 4K UHD Blu-ray Player and Toshiba Blu-ray player no otion to force subtitles off
Thanks for confirming Paul :thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
Well there you go, forced subtitles proven to be... forced.

Not everyone has a 'fancy' player.
It's not a fancy player, every player has its own pop-up on screen menu for switching audio and subtitles, only when they're forced, the selection does nothing, or an error message pops up that it cannot be done.
But you already know that, I'm just using your quote to expand a bit on my answer.

Damn that sucks about the discs, due to the artwork on them it's not like you're going to be want to just discard them either

I had wondered how the PQ compared to the SS disc but now it's like who the hell cares :rolleyes:

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Yes, that and you don't know as much as you think.

That 'spec sheet' is from dvdrewind.com

And the info is confirmed by collectors..... Not everyone has a 'fancy' player.

I'm not arguing with you for the sake of it. But you have a habit of jumping into conversations between members and giving false Information. A lot of your responses is based on presumptions and it annoys me to be honest.

Its not the first time you've done it either. You already caused confusion in this thread saying preorder for UK showed up for you (because you were in Italy!!! :LOL:)

So despite your eagerness to plunge two feet into something, I actually do know what I'm talking about......
The point still stands though. It's massively hypocritical to call me out for presuming something based on my own past experiences, for you to do exactly the same based on a spec sheet that ironically enough is wrong :rofl:

I mean that's fair enough. Can't win them all. I'll make a point not to make any presumptuous posts in your direction in future, if it makes you feel any better.. but don't kick up a fuss when I'm not even talking to you :thumbs:

You've got to take any unconfirmed "info" for what it is, which most of the time is a well placed, educated guess based on things that have happened in the past. Which tbh, more often than not do turn out to be correct.

I'm not saying I can't be wrong, but just because it's not confirmed as a flat fact doesn't make it wrong. Case in point with evil dead, you bleeted for ages about no confirmed title on the steel, even though it was there in the mockup. What happend... a title, unsurprisingly :rolleyes:

There was nothing confusing about this being available for me to order in Italy. I literally said where I was lol it's well known amazon block UK preorders, so checking from a different IP region is the only way we ever "know" if something is sold out.

It's fine mate, you're overly cautious, whereas I'm usually more eager. We're all different. It's cool.

The point still stands though. It's massively hypocritical to call me out for presuming something based on my own past experiences, for you to do exactly the same based on a spec sheet that ironically enough is wrong :rofl:

I mean that's fair enough. Can't win them all. I'll make a point not to make any presumptuous posts in your direction in future, if it makes you feel any better.. but don't kick up a fuss when I'm not even talking to you :thumbs:

You've got to take any unconfirmed "info" for what it is, which most of the time is a well placed, educated guess based on things that have happened in the past. Which tbh, more often than not do turn out to be correct.

I'm not saying I can't be wrong, but just because it's not confirmed as a flat fact doesn't make it wrong. Case in point with evil dead, you bleeted for ages about no confirmed title on the steel, even though it was there in the mockup. What happend... a title, unsurprisingly :rolleyes:

There was nothing confusing about this being available for me to order in Italy. I literally said where I was lol it's well known amazon block UK preorders, so checking from a different IP region is the only way we ever "know" if something is sold out.

It's fine mate, you're overly cautious, whereas I'm usually more eager. We're all different. It's cool.
WTF are you talking about? I didn't 'bleet' and certainly not for ages. All I said was I hope it had the title. :LOL:

Are we taking it personal now and bringing up personal posts from other threads? That's pathetic mate.

You said I was arguing with you for the sake of it and I explained why. I was having a convo with Stu123 in this thread and of course YOU came at us with your presumptuous knowledge. No one was talking to YOU......

Let's just agree that I was right on this occasion and you were wrong. Again!

And that 'spec sheet' is not a presumption. It's fact from the sites database. And it's correct.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Unfortunately the subs are hardcoded and can't be removed. I have an 820 and that option menu does not help. You click on the sub settings and the only available option is the setting for french subs with no up/down arrows to select anything else.

Back to Amazon it goes...

Attachments

• IMG_3974.jpeg
    IMG_3974.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
Reactions: BluSteel2012
WTF are you talking about? I didn't 'bleet' and certainly not for ages. All I said was I hope it had the title. :LOL:

Are we taking it personal now and bringing up personal posts from other threads? That's pathetic mate.

You said I was arguing with you for the sake of it and I explained why. I was having a convo with Stu123 in this thread and of course YOU came at us with your presumptuous knowledge. No one was talking to YOU......

Let's just agree that I was right on this occasion and you were wrong. Again!

And that 'spec sheet' is not a presumption. It's fact from the sites database. And it's correct.
Personal? So my response was personal, and your's wasn't? You're having a laugh :rofl: I've near enough said par for par back to you what you've said to me. Baring in mind you weren't even provoked into it. Fml.

From what you've said, that spec sheet is based on 1 (or perhaps more) person(s) experience. How they have viewed something doesn't make it right, and in this example it isn't. I've literally just told you that people experienced "forced" french subs with the original Atmos track (which I could disable).

You taking what someone else has said, without having confirmed it first hand, and assuming it's right for the basis of an argument is definitely a presumption. You using that source, because it's worked for you in the past, is no different than me saying something based on the same principle.

Personal? So my response was personal, and your's wasn't? You're having a laugh :rofl: I've near enough said par for par back to you what you've said to me. Baring in mind you weren't even provoked into it. Fml.

From what you've said, that spec sheet is based on 1 (or perhaps more) person(s) experience. How they have viewed something doesn't make it right, and in this example it isn't. I've literally just told you that people experienced "forced" french subs with the original Atmos track.

You taking what someone else has said, without having confirmed it first hand, and assuming it's right for the basis of an argument is definitely a presumption. You using that source, because it's worked for you in the past, is no different than me saying something based on the same principle.
Jesus, move on already. You're rambling now....

Reactions: Lenny Nero