Fast Five (G1 Blu-ray SteelBook) (Futureshop Exclusive) [Canada]

jimmy

Generator
Premium Supporter
May 4, 2010
UK...
Fast Five

Blu-ray Steelbook

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=e41a15d8f315bff91dc556ee0a3da98een02

Canada

October 4,2011

Confirmed G1 size by Whiteknight at FS.

Older updates:

Per Saybinator @ FS, this will be artwork:

M2192176.jpg

original

Sabinator's post:

"Universal Studios has just confirmed Future Shop will have the Steelbook exclusivity in Canada for Fast Five!

Street date of 10/04/2011.

Hot off the press, the title will be available online shortly, but we didn't want to wait to let it be known!

Web ID Code: m2192176 - Pre-order link will be posted later this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw this on The Futureshop Forums:

POSTED BY SAYBINATOR
"The Movie Team received an update early this week from Universal Studios. Details of the Fast Five Packaging type are changing.. Just waiting for final confirmation so we can post and communicate the changes.

Pre-order will be posted shortly after.."

So does this mean it might not be a Steelbook anymore? Or is the Art changing?

What confuses me is that he said Packaging TYPE. Maybe this is changing to the new Metal packaging now too? seems odd.

Kaw, since the UK Steel changed orientation and art, I wonder if the same will be the case for FS-pure speculation, though. In many cases, as we all know, FS has an Exclusive, in art, or offering, so I hope that's not true. I mean, come on really, now, I NEED another, different version of this movie :naughty:...time will tell...

Usually on the Future Shop site they state it's a steelbook. But the Priest listing just says Future Shop Exclusive. I don't know why they can't just state it's steel.

Hey DB please keep us posted as soon as you hear anything from your "contacts" as to what's going on with this release??

WhiteKnight of FS Forum:
Just as an update... the Steelbook is still going ahead for Fast Five, as I have seen some questions on this forum in regards to it. However, it will not be in G2 size.

Please note, we have heard all of your feedback in regards to G1 and G2... we are working tirelessly with the studios to be able to get Steelbooks in G2 format only. Unfortunately, there are sometimes limitations that are faced in terms of lead time (G1 can be produced in NA, G2 is produced in europe), number of discs, studio rights in NA, and demand from the US. Be assured, when a Steelbook is available from a studio, Future Shop is pushing hard to have it in the G2 size. We have heard you and we are working hard to get you what you want.

So OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED. Its G1. :(

Really disappointed.. >:[

I'm not a fan of the German Steel so I was really looking forward to this one. They might as well not bother putting it out if it's G1!

Jurassic Park and now this too?? I hope this is not a trend

PS If Smurfs is G2 I'm really gonna go midevil on somebody!! ;)

Hey there, Drum,sadly it's not FS that makes the ultimate decision as to what size the Steelbooks are. The studios have to approve them. X-Men was cancelled by the studio itself,not FS.