UK
Release date: September 12, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99
Notes: Includes slipcase. Limited to 2000 copies

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I think it's going live same time as Top Gun slip tomorrow at 6pm.

Thank you for your reply. I'm guessing that's 6 p.m. Sunday UK time?
And that these titles are both Region B?
And how many seconds does it take for 2000 steelbooks to sell out?

Ok as always I'm confused. This is sold out already or it hasn't gone on sale yet?

No need to be confused at all. Just read the OP first. You'll see all info there.

Yes, U.K. time.

I think Paramount blu-rays are region free - so yes, region B included.

And to sell out, it usually takes between 10,800 - 63,070.000 seconds. Mind you, it could take less - even 7200 seconds if the title is really desirable.

Region - dunno but can check my bluray later and see. Sold out in seconds? Lol don't be daft.

No need to be confused at all. Just read the OP first. You'll see all info there.

Yes, U.K. time.

I think Paramount blu-rays are region free - so yes, region B included.

And to sell out, it usually takes between 10,800 - 63,070.000 seconds. Mind you, it could take less - even 7200 seconds if the title is really desirable.

OK the reason I was asking is because I looked at it on Zavvi's site and it shows sold out and Region 2 for Ferris. I thought Region numbers were for DVD's and Region letters were for Blu-rays.
I need Region A or Region Free.
And of course when I try to do a search for it on Zavvi nothing shows up. I'm curious. Where are these official links found? As I said doing a search on their website shows no mention of a Ferris steelbook.

Same as for the Avengers Mondo at Blufanatics.

I'm starting to think life is easier just buying off of eBay.

Last edited:
WHAT????????????????? :wow:

I know I know... I'm confused too as i'm a huge 80's movie fan.. I watched it again about 8 years ago (to give it another go as some friends said it's their favourite 80's film) so.... I gave it another go and remember thinking that I didn't get the appeal.. now seeing how much people love it here I should try it one more time:)

I am extremely happy that they're releasing this in steel though:cigar::joy:

I need Region A or Region Free.

Paramount releases are usually region A, B or A, B, C so you probably don't need to worry about that.

For an easier way to say it: Between 3 Hours - 17.5 Hours. Or if really desireable - 2 Hours.

I would write in hours but he wanted to know in seconds :)
BTW, I wrote 63.07 million seconds - equals to 2 years exactly - some releases just don't want to sell out :D

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
Love this film; one of my all time favourites, but slip or no slip that artwork is not doing it for me. Would want to see what special features are included too. My original DVD had a John Hughes commentary that for some inexplicable reason was absent from the Bueller Bueller edition.

does anyone have any idea when this will go live at all, it hasn't gone live with top gun as suspected by look of it.

any info appreciated

basil :thumbs:

I was just going to ask the same thing.
Also how do you find these links? When I do a search on Zavvi's site I can't find any mention of the Ferris Bueller steelbook. I know there is a link here that shows it but how do you find it in a search on their site?

Yes, great fun but watched so many times on Blu-ray and on TV that for me at least it's a bit over-familiar (like other modern classics such as the BTTF films, UNCLE BUCK and others).

As mentioned above there are other John Hughes films that are crying out for U.K. SB releases such a HOME ALONE set or his very best film (IMO) PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES.
(not John Hughes related but hoping against hope that before long we'll get a Blu-ray release here in the U.K. for the urban nightmare that is Martin Scorsese's AFTER HOURS).

RE: ARTWORK - not much around to top the simple image for the front of the steelbook . . . not too dissimilar to one of the original poster designs:-

Having watched Matthew Broderick the other day in the fun Ben Stiller comedy TOWER HEIST this poster above got me thinking at just how young he looks here!

• Thanks
Reactions: texansfan26