UK
Release date: September 12, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99
Notes: Includes slipcase. Limited to 2000 copies

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Just received my copy... spot-gloss on Ferris (back and front). I really like it overall, but I wish they hadn't glued the info sheet to the slip... it's marked mine in some places. :sour:

Reactions: Flash and DJ IXS
  • Thanks
Reactions: JCC and jim 80
I received this and Top Gun today, and both steelbooks feel really solid, like old school embossed steelbooks used to before they started making the metal thinner. They don't pop or flex at all, not like more recent embossed steels. They feel slightly heavier than normal too, even with the slip off.

Hopefully this continues in future releases.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I received this and Top Gun today, and both steelbooks feel really solid, like old school embossed steelbooks used to before they started making the metal thinner. They don't pop or flex at all, not like more recent embossed steels. They feel slightly heavier than normal too, even with the slip off.

Hopefully this continues in future releases.
Could that be down to Paramount?

I always thought they make quality steelbooks.

Steelbook itself is quite nice but the washed out red in the background is a bit cack.
Just annoyed that my bin is that little bit more full thanks to the pointless slip.

As much as I like this movie, I wouldn't buy this steelbook as the design is so cheap! It looks like the designer spent 15 minutes doing it because he was hungry and really wanted to go for his lunch. If they can't be bothered putting in the effort to design a reasonably decent steelbook art, I can't be bothered parting with my money to buy it.

I quite like that design for the slip (apart from the top being cut off), but I think I agree that it's not ideal art for a steel. Still, I think Zavvi are moving in the right direction: I would rarely buy a bare steel now, so it's nice to see that they're thinking about how to make the whole package nicer, even if they missed the mark here.

Steelbook itself is quite nice but the washed out red in the background is a bit cack.
Just annoyed that my bin is that little bit more full thanks to the pointless slip.

If you don't want the slip...give it away. You're not forced to keep it.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Slip / steel design inspired by one of the original posters for the film:-
(1) Original one sheet ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- (2) 30th Anniversary release poster -------------(3) "30th Anniversary steelbook release" . . . except that it's not . . . unlike some of the other 30th Anniversary releases that have been RE-MASTERED recently on the occasion of their 30th this has not been (as far as I can gather).
Not really a cynic but can't help feeling a bit cynical about this release as it seems to me specifically designed to shift old stock before a 30TH ANNIVERSARY RE-MASTERED EDITION is released.

(1) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (2) ------------------------------(3)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: THE FAMOUS CAR:- http://artofgears.com/2015/06/11/ferris-buellers-day-off-and-the-1961-ferrari-250-gt-california/

Lots of other images around apart from the ones they used that would have made for more interesting covers . . . with these three as my favourites:-

(1) JAY RYAN creative ----------------------------------------------------- (2) Original one sheet ------------------------------------------- (3) Front and Back of SB or slip - CHRIS MORKAUT creative "Mondo style"
$_12.JPG
$_12.JPG

Same art as the Amaray complete with horizontal lines . . .
RE-SLEEVE instead of RE-MASTER (n)

Last edited:
happy days. still have no idea why i would want a full slip with the same image as the steelbook, with a quarter slip style j-card stuck hard over that as well, but anyways... embossing on the film title but nowhere else, slightly odd combo of a glossy steelbook with a weathered look. resolution's good on the film print, btw.

(chick-a-chick-aaah....) :naughty:

full slip
embossing and steel

Last edited:
Although he is a vital character I think they should have left Rooney out of the artwork due to his illegal activities.

I mean the actor's real life illegal activities.
I know his name but I'd rather not see it on display here.

Last edited: