Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!

How easy/difficult is it nowadays to get in on a FAC release? I've created an account and requested orders for Inception and Jaws--should I try to get in on a group buy as well? Do I stand a chance with either of these releases?

I'm new to all of this -- HiDefNinja, Premium steelbooks, FilmArena, everything. Is the release date specifiied on the listing the same date that I'll receive an order confirmation?

Alexander

Welcome to HDN.

Generally speaking, with releases such as Inception and Jaws where the print run is very limited and the movies themselves are well received, it's nearly impossible for newcomers unfortunately to get their hands on it via the website.

Group buys would be the way to go but that's also far from guaranteed if the GB doesn't have that many copies, plus it's first come first served basis.

The best way to stay up to date is to subscribe to the release threads of the titles you're interested in, by clicking on "watch" at the top right side of the thread you're interested in.

To get more familiar with GBs on here, have a look at the thread below and feel free to tag or PM a mod if you need help.

Hello!

How easy/difficult is it nowadays to get in on a FAC release? I've created an account and requested orders for Inception and Jaws--should I try to get in on a group buy as well? Do I stand a chance with either of these releases?

I'm new to all of this -- HiDefNinja, Premium steelbooks, FilmArena, everything. Is the release date specifiied on the listing the same date that I'll receive an order confirmation?

Alexander

GB is your only chance, I doubt many ppl will reject their reserved numbers for these titles.

Welcome to HDN.

Generally speaking, with releases such as Inception and Jaws where the print run is very limited and the movies themselves are well received, it's nearly impossible for newcomers unfortunately to get their hands on it via the website.

Group buys would be the way to go but that's also far from guaranteed if the GB doesn't have that many copies, plus it's first come first served basis.

The best way to stay up to date is to subscribe to the release threads of the titles you're interested in, by clicking on "watch" at the top right side of the thread you're interested in.

To get more familiar with GBs on here, have a look at the thread below and feel free to tag or PM a mod if you need help.

Thank you very much for the info! The Jaws group-buy is listed as 'Open' but the buton in the top-right corner says 'Unavailable - Out of Stock'. Is there any way to tell if this has sold out or if it hasn't actually properly opened up yet?

Here's a direct link to the group buy

Thank you very much for the info! The Jaws group-buy is listed as 'Open' but the buton in the top-right corner says 'Unavailable - Out of Stock'. Is there any way to tell if this has sold out or if it hasn't actually properly opened up yet?

Here's a direct link to the group buy

You're welcome.

A few copies were added earlier today and were quickly snatched up by whoever was online and checking at the time. You could try asking the host if he will be able to source any more copies.

Dear Collectors, we kindly inform you that pre-orders for still collector's numbers will take place this month from July 20 - 23, 2020.

This month you will be pre-ordering:
FAC #136 SHAZAM! (E1 + E2+ E3 = HARDBOX GIFT)
FAC #137 ALLIED (E1XL + E2XL = HARDBOX XL GIFT)
BB #07 13 HOURS THE SECRET SOLDIERS OF BENGHÁZÍ XL

for AUGUST we are preparing:
FAC #138 47 RONIN XL
FAC #139 FORREST GUMP (E1XL + E2XL + E3XL + E4 MANIACS BOX)

Best regards, Jan for FA Team

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 01.54.37.png

Dear Collectors, we kindly inform you that pre-orders for still collector's numbers will take place this month from July 20 - 23, 2020.

This month you will be pre-ordering:
FAC #136 SHAZAM! (E1 + E2+ E3 = HARDBOX GIFT)
FAC #137 ALLIED (E1XL + E2XL = HARDBOX XL GIFT)
BB #07 13 HOURS THE SECRET SOLDIERS OF BENGHÁZÍ XL

for AUGUST we are preparing:
FAC #138 47 RONIN XL
FAC #139 FORREST GUMP (E1XL + E2XL + E3XL + E4 MANIACS BOX)

Best regards, Jan for FA Team

View attachment 477666
FA got these still collectible holders by the balls :LOL:

Ordered a few releases from the FAC range that were still in stock, but one arrived with some minor damage to the SteelBook and other contents.

I emailed them a couple weeks back on the [email protected] address, but haven’t had a response.

Am I suppose to contact them on a different email address for these kind of issues?

Anyone have any contact info for someone at Film Arena outside of the 'info' email listed on their website?

I ordered Halloween direct from them, it was shipped to me without notification, landed at a local post office and they didn't notify me that it had arrived, and then it was shipped back to Film Arena. When I contacted them and asked where it was, they told me it was on the way back to them and then it would be re-shipped as soon as it arrived. That was in May. Then in June, I received the same answer. I've now emailed them twice more since then and I'm no longer receiving answers.

Such a frustrating experience.

Jan from FilmArena
Posted this on FAC Nation Facebook group page

Dear Collectors,

We kindly inform you about UNIVERSAL generic 4K Steelbook (4K + Blu-ray) plan for the first half of the next year:

Backdraft 30th Anniversary 4K SteelBook

Dragonheart 25th Anniversary 4K SteelBook

Inglourious Basterds 4K SteelBook

The Thing (1982) 4K SteelBook

Carlito’s Way 4K SteelBook

Scott Pilgrim vs The World 4K SteelBook

We would love to join all of these projects for either FAC or BB collection.
We have sent our allocation order and waiting for the confirmation of production.
Stay tuned.
We will post updates.
Best regards, Jan

Dear FilmArena,

Please provide HDN forum enough copies of the following :

Backdraft 30th Anniversary 4K SteelBook

The Thing (1982) 4K SteelBook

Carlito’s Way 4K SteelBook

...and do not require me to spend sleepless nights to *maybe* catch a copy.

Your number one fan,

SC

:naughty::whistle::thumbs::rofl:

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I was looking on the FA website and noticed a lot of the prices had changed slightly - presumable due to Brexit (I'm in the UK). Out of curiosity and put an FAC in my shopping basket and went to check out, to see what the end price would be, and noticed that shipping is currently 1366 CZK (as much as the FAC!) and using Czech Post Economy Parcel (it's always been via DHL in the past). Anyone know if this is a temporary thing due to Covid restrictions or if it's going to be like this from now on in?

Thanks

All shipping prices to UK went sky high from anywhere in EU. And the same thing vice versa. I really do hope is temporarily.
But remember, you will have to pay addition l20% if I'm not mistaken when buying from EU

Reactions: Loony_Tic
I was looking on the FA website and noticed a lot of the prices had changed slightly - presumable due to Brexit (I'm in the UK). Out of curiosity and put an FAC in my shopping basket and went to check out, to see what the end price would be, and noticed that shipping is currently 1366 CZK (as much as the FAC!) and using Czech Post Economy Parcel (it's always been via DHL in the past). Anyone know if this is a temporary thing due to Covid restrictions or if it's going to be like this from now on in?

Thanks
No idea but I do know that I live in N.Ireland and I can no longer order on any European site or even amazon outside the UK and I can get no answers from none and this crap started two weeks ago

Reactions: Loony_Tic
All shipping prices to UK went sky high from anywhere in EU. And the same thing vice versa. I really do hope is temporarily.
But remember, you will have to pay addition l20% if I'm not mistaken when buying from EU

No idea but I do know that I live in N.Ireland and I can no longer order on any European site or even amazon outside the UK and I can get no answers from none and this crap started two weeks ago
I'm guessing it is probably Covid related then - seems it probably started around when they found that new strain which hopefully means it'll return to normal at some point. In terms of the 20% - I guess that it means EU retailers should knock the VAT off their prices (which is why the FA prices seemed cheaper) only to add the 20% back on at checkout, not sure though. It's a bit of a bl**dy mess at the moment, all very confusing! (n)

I'm guessing it is probably Covid related then - seems it probably started around when they found that new strain which hopefully means it'll return to normal at some point. In terms of the 20% - I guess that it means EU retailers should knock the VAT off their prices (which is why the FA prices seemed cheaper) only to add the 20% back on at checkout, not sure though. It's a bit of a bl**dy mess at the moment, all very confusing! (n)

Yup, I put something in my basket today.... when I saw shipping to the U.K. was going to be about £45 I baulked, then ceased my purchase.

I sincerely hope this isn’t the shape of things moving forward.

From Filmarena (via Facebook):

Dear Collectors,
we have been receiving some queries concerning updated shipping rates for the UK after Brexit.
As you all know UK has changed its status to the country out of the EU and that is why we now charge:
- 0% VAT
- higher shipping fees as the courier companies raised the fees because of customs clearance and other extra costs.
It is also fair to inform you that worldwide shipping rates were raised by 10-12% right from the start of 2021.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you for your understanding.
Best regards,
Jan

Not sure if this means it's a permanent price hike or it'll reduce to a sensible level once Covid and Brexit calm down (I've asked the question. I suspect us Brits are bug*ered as far as getting FACs now...!

Update:
Just had the following back from Jan:
I do not know at this moment. I hope when all calms down and Covid is under control, the prices will be set by market forces again.

Last edited: