Film Arena - Steelbook Retailer Thread

fa logo 2.jpg

Feel free to discuss any experiences or policies about this retailer here.

http://www.filmarena.cz/

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have to say this about film arena. If they ever cancel a preorder on you. Don't expect to get your money back but get points that you can shop for at their webshop.

In a single steelbook order I made, they used a big padded envelope, but the steel was inside a small cardboard box and inside the box was more bubbles! Good packaging.

In a second order with two steelbooks they used a bigger box, full of paper and they wrapped the steelbooks with (many) bubbles. The steelbooks were very tight together, I don't know if this could result in a scratch between them.

Their shipping costs are too high though :(

Reactions: urbeenjammin
Yes, I did ordered my captain America here before and shipped to me in Singapore.
Packaging is below par for me, my package came in almost crush but steels survive. Lol
After that, never order from there again.

Reactions: ocielz
I am actually from Czech Republic and I am very surprised about your mixed feelings about Filmarena. As far as I am concerned, the main issue you have is packaging towards foreign non-Czech countries, bad cancellation policies and non-real steelbooks covers when preordering few months before the release.

Well, from the perspective of czech customer, I can tell you that filmarena is simply great for us. Not only they provide best prices in our market, they are great at dealing with any problem that may occur while purchasing some of the item they offer. I had multiple issues with changing my mind, misplacing order, cancelling order and so on. And they always helped me and made everything allright.

I hope that I dont sound like one of the reprezentatives of this store, but they are really great. People working in this shop are themselves big Blu-ray and steelbook fans. They make every week youtube video, where they unpack some of the release, talk about the quality of the product they offer, answer customer questions and so on. They actually love blu rays and steelbooks, got there own collections and are simply movie fans.

One has to appreciate that. As I said before, the customer rating and satisfaction in Czech Republic is pretty much the best one. I am deeply sadenned, that these positive experiences does not appear to be worldwide universal. Hopefully, thing will get better.

Sorry for my english, not my first language (nor second :D )

Už dlouho jsem nemluvil anglicky und Ich habe nicht gesprochen fur lange zeit. See you around, folks :)

Does Google Chrome properly translate this website. I seem to remember having difficulty with it. I'm interested in The Lord of the Rings SteelBooks from there and need to know if Google Chrome is going to give me issues on translation. I'm at work and can't test it out. Also someone said they ship worldwide, is this true?

Does Google Chrome properly translate this website. I seem to remember having difficulty with it. I'm interested in The Lord of the Rings SteelBooks from there and need to know if Google Chrome is going to give me issues on translation. I'm at work and can't test it out. Also someone said they ship worldwide, is this true?

In case it will not work with google chrome, you can ask me for the information you need to know and either I can translate it from czech immediately, or I can send e-mail to those guys operating websites.

As I said, good reasonable guys, best valued BR retailer in Czech Republic, once again said to hear mixed reactions.

Nevertheless, I am offering my help :)

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Filmarena.cz

Hi All!

Really glad that I have discovered this community of collectors recently! I have picked up tons of tips and ideas! I have a question for any of you familiar with filmarena.cz. I want to purchase a steelbook from them and I was looking to see any reviews on their reliability. In this board I have seen a few posts saying they are not too reliable. Could anyone elaborate for me? Thanks in advance!

JL

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

never mind, i found the thread, sorry. LOVE this site!

They do but they charge about $30 for shipping.

My concern is that ive heard mixed feedback about Filmarena. Skeptical to order from them.

Reactions: Sounder
Just received my Iron Man 3 steels from FilmArena and I have to say that this was the best packing that I have ever seen!

I ordered 3 steels, each were bubblewrapped with about 6 layers, then placed in individual envelopes. Envelopes were then placed in a 2X size corrugated box and more bubblewrap added in between the box and envelopes. Corrugated box was then taped shut and then wrapped in plastic.

The box had a few damaged corners, but each steelbook was in perfect condition!

Reactions: TedGeorge
Generally speaking, they are biggest provider of Blu rays in my country. You don´t have to be worried, packaging is exclusive as well. Just order 2,3 or 4 steelbooks since it cost quite a lot (30 Euro plus) to send it to foreign country...

Another (big) order with absolutely no problems using FilmArena.

Ordered with a friend (in order to split shipping costs) six steels (using their multibuy offer for some) and received them in a huge box, with lots of bubblewrap inside.

The rest was exactly as described above from vlad. Needless to say everything was in perfect condition.

On the downside, the usual disadvantage, huge shipping costs.

I canceled a pre-order because it turns out that Canada will be receiving it, but then I just received an email saying that they already took payment and then can't refund me, so they can only give me credit for their Web site. What kind of B.S. is that? I cancel a pre-order weeks in advance and they can't give me my money back? Every other retailer I've ever dealt with (which is a LOT) can refund for canceled pre-orders. I'm not too happy right now with FilmArena.