Ghost in the Shell (2017) (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #127) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: August 2, 2017 (Standard) - April 1, 2020 (FAC)
Purchase links: Standard - FAC
Price: 899 CZK (Standard) - 1799 CZK (FAC)
Notes: Matte - debossed on front and back. FAC limited to 501 numbered copies.

E49D150C-6E3E-4CCA-A74E-F125F0DB6D93.jpeg
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 16.49.13.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh is that it talk about an anti climax with artwork that doesn’t take full advantage of the slip being a DL plus doesn’t help even though their Lenti’s have improved there not at the level of the Asian Premiums should have been a FS instead like the stunning Alita FAC. As @BluSteel2012 has mentioned postercards have rehashed artwork with atleast 4 double ups in the package. Next the price that’s a whooping US$87 GB price before shipping that will bust $100 even with the cheapest shipping option. So glad I pulled the trigger on the far superior Blufans OAB 4K last year as IMHO this FAC wasn’t worth the wait.
This. So much.

Reactions: willbar84
I have tried to watch this 2 times. Maybe its just me but it was boring. If it gets better throughout please let me know. I think I made it 1/4 of the way.

Ok I am just wondering if I am better off watching the 3D edition on my projector or the 4K edition on my 65 inch 2000 nit vizio.
I'm not a big fan of this movie, but I will admit , what started out boring, it did get better, one of the few movies like that. I do recall that, and was surprised i got back into it. Last watch at home media release.

I’ll be swapping in my modded complete glossy US SteelBook. Aside for wanting the front and rear art swapped, this slip looks great.

vxmZcwbh.jpg

s7kw3rmh.jpg

Reactions: DMD4k
Honestly, this price is ridiculous. Can’t believe that there are still people here, willing to buy a dressed up WWA at this price point. Makes me wonder, to those people that will still buy at this price .. what’s your limit? When is it too much? Sincerely curious about it.
Just like the recent $100 Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Blufans/Fanatic exclusive with that sh1tshow of a steelbook.......

Reactions: harry and Patr0n
Just like the recent $100 Once Upon A Time In Hollywood Blufans/Fanatic exclusive with that sh1tshow of a steelbook.......
... and CM Batman or CM xyz. That OUATIH included shipping though.
You have to take into account Czech and Italian labour is more expensive than Chinese or Korean. And that's got to translate into the final cost of the product somewhere along the line.

... and CM Batman or CM xyz. That OUATIH included shipping though.
You have to take into account Czech and Italian labour is more expensive than Chinese or Korean. And that's got to translate into the final cost of the product somewhere along the line.

3 great examples of a Czech and Italian WWA Premium breaking the +US$90 per edition shipped barrier and if this had a HDN GB it would have been the first WWA to break the US$100+ shipped threshold as Fanatics OUATIH didn’t at US$95 shipped. Where over in the Asian Market it’s all US$80s shipped and under with the exception of Blufans Spiderverse Fan Box that broke the US$100+ barrier. So yes labour definitely does come into play when comparing the final cost of the two but the problem lies with the Euro Premium Market which mostly are dressed up WWAs have to compete with Asian Premiums that are mostly WEAs and can be cheaper by $10 - $20. Bang for buck most will favour the WEA Asian Premiums but FilmArena and CM do offer something’s that are exclusive to their brand, is that worth the extra upcharge along with using a generic WWA steelbook well that’s totally upto the consumer as something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for. Come the end of the day there’s plenty of Premiums across the globe to go around to satisfy us Steelbook Collectors and am forever grateful that their are so many options.

It's all swings and roundabouts really. Don't U.S. citizens save on tax on European purchases? I don't get hit with customs on FA or CM but I do with Asian ones......

As @willbar84 says they're worth what people are willing to pay for them.

But you can't tell me labour for a printers to mass produce card slips and postcards adds another €60-€70 onto the steelbook costs.... (steelbook and discs would cost €30 max)

They're definitely taking advantage.

They’re totally taking advantage. Not a dealbreaker for me yet because I only pick and choose and collect a handful of slips every year. This one is definitely more fun than the serious and sedate BluFans slip, to me.

Reactions: Veronica Mars
It's all swings and roundabouts really. Don't U.S. citizens save on tax on European purchases? I don't get hit with customs on FA or CM but I do with Asian ones......

As @willbar84 says they're worth what people are willing to pay for them.

But you can't tell me labour for a printers to mass produce card slips and postcards adds another €60-€70 onto the steelbook costs.... (steelbook and discs would cost €30 max)

They're definitely taking advantage.

They’re definitely taking advantage as apparently production costs have gone up 100-200czk in the last few months alone as Spider-Man Far From Home XL SL E3 4K was 1600czk you could also argue that the XL DL E2 if it had an additional 4K disc of a 400czk upcharge it would have been 1700czk. So yes they are taking the p!ss when not long ago a XL 4K was 1500czk as far as I’m concerned there pushing the limits to see how far they can actually push the price up which is an absolute joke plus apparently HDN is no longer worthy of a GB for a sought after title like this? These 4K XL’s are getting out of hand what’s next 2000czk?

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
They’re definitely taking advantage as apparently production costs have gone up 100-200czk in the last few months alone as Spider-Man Far From Home XL SL E3 4K was 1600czk you could also argue that the XL DL E2 if it had an additional 4K disc of a 400czk upcharge it would have been 1700czk. So yes they are taking the p!ss when not long ago a XL 4K was 1500czk as far as I’m concerned there pushing the limits to see how far they can actually push the price up which is an absolute joke plus apparently HDN is no longer worthy of a GB for a sought after title like this? These 4K XL’s are getting out of hand what’s next 2000czk?

Hey Ho,, , did i miss sonething? No GB this time?

// Fk me, so bloody sick of how this has all changed. You vist, you watch, you wait, you wait, you watch, you support the gbs for years then you get fked. Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Veronica Mars
as my old boss would say -- give it the 24 hr test -- see if you feel the same way....

can't wait -- still bloody annoyed --

Aaaand, no one gives a damn obviously.
With global pandemic, it's good to be pxxxed abou something different...

Anyway, plenty of time the next year, to work on self made editions. , ha,, As we watch Super Deluxe Editions become the next collapsed market. Good luck filmarena, et al,,, Thankfully, never been interested in being a reseller.

I imagine Europe being thrown into chaos from the novel Coronavirus has had an effect on this title’s release date and lately GBs only go live a week or so before release date

hopefully we’ll hear something in the coming weeks, but I bet this title will be pushed back