Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA

Attachments

• gladiator.jpg
    gladiator.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 830
Last edited by a moderator:
As far as i am aware the disc was the old version, not remastered, my Steelbook was anyway.

dang. I knew it just staring at it on screen it looked like a muddy bluray. I have two Gladiator steelbooks (different versions) with two of the old blurays, lol.

I knew of the remaster for a long time but didn't know there was a exchange program which I believe has expired sadly :(

Oh well.

dang. I knew it just staring at it on screen it looked like a muddy bluray. I have two Gladiator steelbooks (different versions) with two of the old blurays, lol.

I knew of the remaster for a long time but didn't know there was a exchange program which I believe has expired sadly :(

Oh well.

That is rotten luck to own both the old Steelbooks with the old versions as i am sure you are aware that the remaster was quite an improvement over the original disc. Hopefully you can get the remaster disc quite cheaply and swap the disc in one of your Steels. I still think movies-blu-ray.nl still carry the 10th anniversary edition Dutch Steelbook with remastered disc if you really want the remastered disc.

Last edited:
I picked this up for £8 used at Cex today, near perfect condition, and with the art cards too. Just got the dutch steelbook from FRS on the 31st as well. Not sure which I prefer.

Gladiator (UK) is hard to pick up mint and sealed as many people opened them up to watch/exchange the discs! The 10th anniversity NL release has the remastered disc. Different artwork though. I've got both versions (sealed) + Amaray. Classic film + the UK SB is one of the best lookers IMHO.

That is rotten luck to own both the old Steelbooks with the old versions as i am sure you are aware that the remaster was quite an improvement over the original disc. Hopefully you can get the remaster disc quite cheaply and swap the disc in one of your Steels. I still think movies-blu-ray.nl still carry the 10th anniversary edition Dutch Steelbook with remastered disc if you really want the remastered disc.

Yeah it does suck. Ill have to replace at least one.

Just what I did. Well worth it too - the remastered version is so much better!

^^^ thanks for the input. I heard its much better. I saw screenshots and difference is obvious.

I've got like this movie x 3 and all old version heh.

^^^^ dang three eh. You beat me by one! This is my favourite movie (tied for 1st i guess, lol) so I will be sure to get the remastered disc. I just need to find the Aussie steel slipcase now ;) Although the Taiwan version is nice too but its too similar to the one I have so Ill pass on that.

sorry for bumping an old thread but i just managed to get this steel for just £10 from cex website!!!

Been dispatch and should be here within next few days. If it turns out to be in a bad condition i can always trade it in.

this is probably 1 of the Best Value for money Gladiator Steelz that you can buy for about $70.oo atm.. I think its awsome !! next best thing to the Taiwan version

If those rating logo's weren't there this be 10 times better, so annoying!

+1.... After all these releases Im still waiting for the "perfect" steelbook release for Gladiator. There isn't a single release with clean front, back and inside artwork for my favourite movie of all time. There is something wrong with every single one wether its a printed back, printed ratings logo's, text riddled cover art or missing inside artwork.

Steelcase is pretty awesome though :)

^^^ agreed buts its also a printed back. But Im not knockin' on the steelcase one bit as its a beauty and probably my favourite piece of steel in my collection. I just want a Gladiator steelbook done right with no text/ratings logos riddled cover art, clean back art and inside art. Thats all, lol. :)

^^^ agreed buts its also a printed back. But Im not knockin' on the steelcase one bit as its a beauty and probably my favourite piece of steel in my collection. I just want a Gladiator steelbook done right with no text/ratings logos riddled cover art, clean back art and inside art. Thats all, lol. :)

You don't ask for much do you ;)

Reactions: Jason Bourne