Good Morning Vietnam (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: July 13th, 2015
Price: £15.99
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Sat May 16, 2015, 12 pm UK time)

gmv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't say that I like the art, it may grow on me but I think I would have been happy with the usual art of RW with the mic and glossed to hell.
Still going to buy though as I don't have it on BD and love the movie. A missed opportunity for Zavvi to work with the studio and do something special, including the soundtrack would have been a good start.

Reactions: goufcustom
hhhmmm front ok, back wasted tbh and is there any inside art at all coming or is this goona be like alot of steels with silly back white images copied from front and rear???
if so not good, just suspious as that what zavvi have done with last few they don't show inside art wait till it goes out, then show inside this needs to change as is the worst practice

any ideas @Wreck on the inside at all please?

basil :thumbs:

hhhmmm front ok, back wasted tbh and is there any inside art at all coming or is this goona be like alot of steels with silly back white images copied from front and rear???
if so not good, just suspious as that what zavvi have done with last few they don't show inside art wait till it goes out, then show inside this needs to change as is the worst practice

any ideas @Wreck on the inside at all please?

'A lot of steels' being the half-dozen EiV titles announced to date? :rolleyes:

i like that artwork..
and zavvi finally figured out a way to sell scratched and dented steelbooks, they just have to integrate them directly in the artwork. from the description: "comes with debossed dents and scratch finish" :D

Sooooo true!!!!!! Lolol Zavvi is getting smart lmfao

Ok artwork, but I may give this a PASS unless the price is right....

'A lot of steels' being the half-dozen EiV titles announced to date? :rolleyes:

well more than 3 is alot in my book, you entitled to your opionon snooloui but some of us don't worship zavvi like you do.
lets just agree to differ, be polite and be greatful the we all have different views on the world its that simple.

well more than 3 is alot in my book, you entitled to your opionon snooloui but some of us don't worship zavvi like you do.
lets just agree to differ, be polite and be greatful the we all have different views on the world its that simple.

It has been quite a few, and while they're exclusive to Zavvi (these days, what isn't?*), EiV are the worst offenders.

*Actually, as so many steelbooks are Zavvi exclusives it does seem rather pointless to blame them any more, They shouldn't be praised either, 99% of the time it's the studio responsible for every aspect, good or bad.

I'm not sure about the Artwork
I could have been a lot better IMO

I still will be ordering this and remember this is the first time Blu-ray release for the UK
Its only been available on Blu-ray outside of the UK

Its a Touchstone Pictures release distributed in the UK by Disney

I'm very surprised it was never released on Blu-ray in the UK until now as they missed out on a lot of sales they would have got if it had of been released a few years ago

I think it's rubbish!

I think it's more annoying that it's Disney.

With a company like EiV, we're not expecting great things as one way or another all of their steelbooks are disappointing. Whether it's low-res images, identical inside and outside art or shoddy transfers you're constantly expecting the worst.

With Disney, you know they can do great things as their Finding Nemo, The Lion king, Tangled and The Jungle Book show. Then you get ones that could have been great if only they'd been gloss like Pinocchio and then there's ones that look God-awful like Ratatouille, Tron Legacy and now, Good Morning Vietnam.

I think only Fox are worse when it comes to the 'will it, won't it look great?' question. They have amazing steels like Brazil and Alien Vs. Predator, and dreadful tat like Speed and The Day the Earth Stood still.