tnguyen13

Premium Supporter
Jan 26, 2014
NC, USA
Release date: July 2015.
World exclusive art (WEA) steelbook, embossed and gloss.
Print Run: 4000

There are 3 editions:
Ultimate Edition:
- 3D Disc, 2D Disc & Soundtrack
- Double-Sided lenticular slipcase
- Booklet

Lenticular Groot & Rocket:
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc
- One-sided lenticular slipcase
- Art Cards
** The Full Slip version was cancelled. The one-side lenticular slip replace it. **

1/4 Slipcover
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc​

00.jpg

11159140_10152860481557643_718133522_o.jpg

Rocket and Groot Edition:
994e34d5gw1er7dl4n8hsg209q0c9tx2.gif

One of Double side Lenti artwork for UE.
994e34d5gw1er7dk6rxm6g209q0c9e2s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't really say until we've seen proper pictures of both. However, I've always swayed with the UE as it includes the superb soundtrack.

The sound track OST disc is a non issue for me. I've been a bit naughty and burnt my own copy and printed a custom made label on to it at work. It's been placed neatly inside my Novamedia steelbook. It bugs me that the rocket and groot lenticular looks sharp in that photo so I can only imagine in the flesh it's going to look awesome. I would of preffered if the UE version had R&G lenti on one side and the group shot on the other side.

Reactions: dan8885 and harry
The sound track OST disc is a non issue for me. I've been a bit naughty and burnt my own copy and printed a custom made label on to it at work. It's been placed neatly inside my Novamedia steelbook. It bugs me that the rocket and groot lenticular looks sharp in that photo so I can only imagine in the flesh it's going to look awesome. I would of preffered if the UE version had R&G lenti on one side and the group shot on the other side.

:thumbs:

Reactions: InAFalsetto
Couldn't decide either so ordered both UE and R&G - when they arrive I'll decide which one to keep :)

Same, went for the 1 click myself but don't really want to keep all three anymore, I don't love the film THAT much. One blufans and my cassette version (just for the novelty factor) will suffice.

I like the R&G version a lot, but I think it makes more sense to have a group image on one side, and Starlord on the other because Starlord is basically the leader of the group.

Personally, though, I think it would have been even more amazing if, instead of Starlord, the UE had a picture of Ronin the Accuser holding the infinity stone, with light and smoke swirling around him. That way we would have the heroes on one side, and the villain on the other.

I think I'm just being overly critical at this point, though. They are both pretty cool. In the end, I went with the ultimate edition because it makes more sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: ty233

There is still a chance of that as we haven't seen the other side of the Rocket & Groot Lenticular. It very well could be a non-lenticular group shot on the back side.

Reactions: harry