Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (4K & 3D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

meaner

Premium Supporter
Dec 19, 2011
Release date: November 26, 2018
Purchase links: 4K - 3D (Pre-order on Black Friday, November 23)
Price: £31.99 (4K+2D) - £26.99 (3D+2D)
Note: Lenticular

11931165-8834622707113180.jpg

11931164-6614622707482888.jpg
11931165-2044622706864837.jpg
11931165-1184622707252638.jpg
11931165-1104622707318263.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
. . . and both of these upcoming steelbook should contain all three formats for a grand total of £29.99 + the BD only option for £19.99.

As for the steelbook design: great artwork throughout + great 3D lenticular possibility + great potential for some tasty embossing :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

. . . and both of these upcoming steelbook should contain all three formats for a grand total of £29.99 + the BD only option for £19.99.

As for the steelbook design: great artwork throughout + great 3D lenticular possibility + great potential for some tasty embossing :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

The lenticular Zavvi steels have no embossing I'm afraid

Which these new ones or previous ones? Because if you're referring to the latter then you're very wrong

I think that might just be the swirly vortex thing he's coming through causing it. I'm more concerned about why he isn't looking at what he's firing at! and too busy posing lol

Can anybody answer me these questions:
Disney is the studio that releases the steelbooks for Thor Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 , correct ?
Disney is responsible for the contents on the discs : correct ?

Then why has Thor Ragnarok different subs then Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2
franchise:
Thor
Kijkwijzer classificatie (UK):
Acteur(s):
Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban, Mark Ruffalo, Anthony Hopkins, Benedict Cumberbatch, Taika Waititi
Regisseur(s):
Taika Waititi
Regio:
A, B, C
Beeldformaat:
2.39:1
Aantal disks:
Taal originele versie:
English
Overige gesproken talen:
2D Disc: 7.1 DTS-HDMA English; 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus German, French; 2.0 Dolby Digital English for the Hearing Impaired
3D Disc: 7.1 DTS-HDMA English; 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus German, French; 2.0 Dolby Digital English for the Hearing Impaired
Ondertiteling:
2D Disc: English for the hearing impaired, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, French, German, Dutch, Arabic
3D Disc: English for the hearing impaired, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, French, German, Dutch, Arabic

franchise:
Marvel
Acteur(s):
Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Sylvester Stallone, Kurt Russell
Regisseur(s):
James Gunn
Regio:
A, B, C
Beeldformaat:
Aantal disks:
Taal originele versie:
English
Overige gesproken talen:
7.1 DTS-HDMA English 5.1 Dolby Digital Hindi 5.1 DTS Digital Castillan Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital English DVS
Ondertiteling:
English for the hearing impaired, Danish, Finnish, Norweigan, Portugese, Castillan Spanish, Swedish

I have noticed that several times: I know the number of subs has to do in which region the steelbook /blu ray is released, but Thor Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 seems to mean the same region?

Another example :
Jurassic World 3D +2D HMV steelbook had dutch subs on the 3D and 2D discs,
Jurassic Wolrd Fallen Kingdom HMV 4K 3D+2D steelbook has only dutch subs on the 4K disc

Does any Ninja know who is this determined, which subs are placed on blu ray discs??

Can anybody answer me these questions:
Disney is the studio that releases the steelbooks for Thor Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 , correct ?
Disney is responsible for the contents on the discs : correct ?

Then why has Thor Ragnarok different subs then Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2
franchise:
Thor
Acteur(s):
Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban, Mark Ruffalo, Anthony Hopkins, Benedict Cumberbatch, Taika Waititi
Regisseur(s):
Taika Waititi
Regio:
A, B, C
Beeldformaat:
Aantal disks:
Taal originele versie:
English
Overige gesproken talen:
2D Disc: 7.1 DTS-HDMA English; 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus German, French; 2.0 Dolby Digital English for the Hearing Impaired
3D Disc: 7.1 DTS-HDMA English; 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus German, French; 2.0 Dolby Digital English for the Hearing Impaired
Ondertiteling:
2D Disc: English for the hearing impaired, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, French, German, Dutch, Arabic
3D Disc: English for the hearing impaired, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, French, German, Dutch, Arabic

franchise:
Marvel
Acteur(s):
Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Sylvester Stallone, Kurt Russell
Regisseur(s):
James Gunn
Regio:
A, B, C
Beeldformaat:
Aantal disks:
Taal originele versie:
English
Overige gesproken talen:
7.1 DTS-HDMA English 5.1 Dolby Digital Hindi 5.1 DTS Digital Castillan Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital English DVS
Ondertiteling:
English for the hearing impaired, Danish, Finnish, Norweigan, Portugese, Castillan Spanish, Swedish

I have noticed that several times: I know the number of subs has to do in which region the steelbook /blu ray is released, but Thor Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 seems to mean the same region?

Another example :
Jurassic World 3D +2D HMV steelbook had dutch subs on the 3D and 2D discs,
Jurassic Wolrd Fallen Kingdom HMV 4K 3D+2D steelbook has only dutch subs on the 4K disc

Does any Ninja know who is this determined, which subs are placed on blu ray discs??
The distributor in each country decides what subs and trailers and extras will be on a Blu-ray Disc or 4K UHD Disc

Some releases will be the same distributor in some countries with same content and others it will be different and is normal
Some films the distributor in some countries is different and can be a third party distributor who handles multi film studio releases

FAC for example often won't do a release unless the distributor can provide czech subs on a dIsc

Reactions: Xenomorph
I knew it sooner or later we'll get a good looking Guardians 2 steelbook. I'm glad I passed on the horrible "don't push" WWA steelbook.
Now this one? Instant buy!

They did a great job with the bossing on those two steelbooks (Dr Strange & Civil War lenticular). With the artwork on these new ones, I'm having a hard job seeing how they can replicate something like that bossing wise.

At the very least they will probably have the border with a bossed title like the others unless they decide to go completely flat and have a full lenticular like Universal's Incredible Hulk.

Will be interesting to see what they come up with this time.

They did a great job with the bossing on those two steelbooks (Dr Strange & Civil War lenticular). With the artwork on these new ones, I'm having a hard job seeing how they can replicate something like that bossing wise.
At the very least they will probably have the border with a bossed title like the others unless they decide to go completely flat and have a full lenticular like Universal's Incredible Hulk.
Will be interesting to see what they come up with this time.

Yes indeedy, although I don't see a full lenticular on this Zavvi Disney lenticular steelbook collection - not impossible of course but if so would be a first.

As can be seen, previous two had a lot more in their favour than just embossed titles . . . so 'bossing on these upcoming two now not so much clutching at straws as would have been had we not had CIVIL WAR and DOCTOR STRANGE.
I'd say potential here for something v. special . . . not unreasonable expectation, if potential is fulfilled, for two "Best 2018 UK Steelbook" candidates.

Three ways the front & back of this steelbook could benefit from 'bossing:-
GOOD - just emboss the title
BETTER - emboss the four characters in the foreground (Baby Groot, Star Lord, Gamorra and Rocket Racoon) + the title at the same level.
BEST - As above, but also with a de-bossed back - the area above the artwork - the top 1/3 of the steelbook above the character's heads . . . artwork stays on the same level as the frame and the de-bossed space above the heads and the framing border . . . hey presto embossed artwork.
So simple . . . but will they cough up and go for it?

• Thanks
Reactions: IamIroningMan