Halloween (2018) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Cine-Museum Art #10) [Italy]

Jun 29, 2011
Release date: June , 2019 (TBC)
Purchase link: Cine-Museum (Pre-order April 13 2.30 PM Italy Time) Sold Out
Price: €44.90
Notes: Limited to 400 copies. WWA steelbook. Lenticular Full Slip. Final artwork TBC.
Group buy: hosted by aniv

4K variant slipbox thread (not a steelbook) HERE

Slip + Steelbook.jpg

Banner (prova 3).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance of the slips being available without the steelbook if the steelbook doesn't have a title on the front?
Has anybody purchased just a slip for any of the Cine-Museum Art releases? I don't recall which title(s) were available for just the slip but does anybody recall what the price was?

Any chance of the slips being available without the steelbook if the steelbook doesn't have a title on the front?
Has anybody purchased just a slip for any of the Cine-Museum Art releases? I don't recall which title(s) were available for just the slip but does anybody recall what the price was?
Yes, they have done that in the past.
I purchased a slip-only of Full Metal Jacket from @duckandrun.
I don't recall the price - but obviously less than one with a steelbook inside.:spoil:
Just ask him.;)

Reactions: Stygian

It looks glorious! This is the absolute must-own premium of the year for me. So much beautiful artwork included in this. :drool:

I definitely need this one!

(Plus - not too bad to double dip on the steelbook - since my BB version has the title, and this steelbook does not)

My thoughts exactly! I love Bill Sienkiewicz, so I'd gladly own both SteelBook versions with his artwork.

Reactions: C.C. 95

I've ordered the empty slips of Isle of Dogs, The Thing, and Full Metal Jacket - each was 24,95 €. They come with everything except the steelbook (obviously) and the special pre-order gift.

+ @C.C. 95 ;)

Don't get the fascination over the art work for the slips. I'm a BIG halloween franchise fan, I flew all the way LA just for the Halloween 40 Years of Terror Convention from the UK but the artwork is not even an official artwork for the movie. Its an image of Michael Myers as if it was from the original movie and not the 2018 movie.

The image used for the fright rags halloween shirt would've been good for a lenticular or even the standard poster with his mask on.

Between the titleless steelbook and unofficial feel/look of this release I think we've yet to see the best offering of a premium edition for this movie

Attachments

• 01936-Halloween2018-design_596599db-39e2-4317-930f-a1de1fd32cc2_grande.jpg
    01936-Halloween2018-design_596599db-39e2-4317-930f-a1de1fd32cc2_grande.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 311
  • Thanks
Reactions: jammmy and Hereticz
Don't get the fascination over the art work for the slips. I'm a BIG halloween franchise fan, I flew all the way LA just for the Halloween 40 Years of Terror Convention from the UK but the artwork is not even an official artwork for the movie. Its an image of Michael Myers as if it was from the original movie and not the 2018 movie.

The image used for the fright rags halloween shirt would've been good for a lenticular or even the standard poster with his mask on.

Between the titleless steelbook and unofficial feel/look of this release I think we've yet to see the best offering of a premium edition for this movie

Yeah the actual steelbook artwork is terrible, at least have something from the film with the the films logo

It's because the image accurately captures the tone/mood/atmosphere that the OG Halloween represents.
Yes, it could easily be for the Original Halloween - but wasn't that the point the new movie was trying to put across?
I think it's a gorgeous image. (Big head covers are boring). And the image you supplied looks more like an Arrow cover. (Nothing wrong with that). But I think this lenti cover is killer. Again- it just comes down to personal preference in art.

Well the image above is a licensed piece of art that is been released as official merchandise for the film and I feel represents the actual movie much better than the one above.

The artwork used here is a fan art poster when the film was in early production and was rumoured to be called "Halloween Returns" hence why Michael doesn't reflect the 40 years later version we saw in the film because there was no concept of stills of the mask or character released. Infact you can see in their mock up it says Halloween returns in the reflection effect beneath the slip. Guess the photoshopped it out of the main image but forgot about beneath it.

Still don't understand how they managed to get a fan art licensed for an official release considering how hard other companies find it to get designs approved even with promotional images supplied to them by the studios themselves.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
Yeah the actual steelbook artwork is terrible, at least have something from the film with the the films logo
Heresy!
Bill Sienkiewicz is a god!
There will be many Big Head Michael Meyers Mask blu ray editions for you
Well the image above is a licensed piece of art that is been released as official merchandise for the film and I feel represents the actual movie much better than the one above.

The artwork used here is a fan art poster when the film was in early production and was rumoured to be called "Halloween Returns" hence why Michael doesn't reflect the 40 years later version we saw in the film because there was no concept of stills of the mask or character released. Infact you can see in their mock up it says Halloween returns in the reflection effect beneath the slip. Guess the photoshopped it out of the main image but forgot about beneath it.

Still don't understand how they managed to get a fan art licensed for an official release considering how hard other companies find it to get designs approved even with promotional images supplied to them by the studios themselves.
Based on what we see here - we should have more fan art on these!
A good many artists who are members here often do mockups that are much better than what we get.