Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Japan]

Sep 25, 2010
Canada
UK rating logo free?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B004LQ09J6/?tag=hdnjp-22

51TAO0vaNKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is a very good chance that there could be a delay with items shipping out of Japan for a while.

A lot of businesses are moving folks out of Tokyo, and many more are shutting down their operations @ factories and the like.

Everything from automotive parts and other things are going to be effected, so I would caution patience if you order anything from there.

They've already started shipping these out. Mine has just been shipped via DHL with estimated delivery on the 21st.. except that it is holy week here so I would probably receive it on the 23rd or next week. I hope it doesn't incur custom's duties... :ohno:

Also HMV ship via EMS so you don't get fingered by customs. Amazon use DHL and they butt f@ck you basically.EEK!

Every single time. Why do Amazon have to send it by International Express air freight every time @£23 - ludicrous, a little choice would be nice.
There's a limited run of 6,000 on these and mine will be delivered on Tuesday when I pay my customs !!!!!! 'Twas only ordered on 18th and DHL told me it was here yesterday (21st).

Last edited:
Also HMV ship via EMS so you don't get fingered by customs. Amazon use DHL and they butt f@ck you basically.EEK!

My copy is on hold pending action (payment) from me. They haven't contacted me yet about how much exactly it's going to cost me but I'm afraid I'm about to get (as in the words of Blu-devil above) "butt f@cked." :angry:

The last time I received shipment from DHL was for an order with AMZ CA. They were charging me about Php 1800 tax (that's about £25 or $41) for a 3000 Php worth of goods. It was pretty ridiculous. I rejected the package and they sent it back to amazon. Amazon gave me full refund.

Currently, my package is still on hold. Status says "possible delay due to extra carrier processing." I wonder how much they are going to charge me this time. :angry:

I envy you guys.. My package was delivered yesterday but had to refuse delivery. DHL is charging me Php 2400 tax (approx $55 or £33). That is about 80% of the item's value. Simply absurd. :mad:

They are sending it back to amazon jp. I'll have to look for a different HP steel version or get the japan one elsewhere.

:tear:

I think we also get hit with a VAT charge as well in EU. I know I'll get bill for HP but Unstoppable was only 3485¥ (£25 approx) and delivery charge is third of normal as 2 other titles took customs hit.

@ olena, do you have link for HMV.up and what are they like ?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Mine came today in perfect condition. It is REALLY NICE! ;) Duty $14.17 CAD. I can live with that.

thats bad.EEK! never paid duty once, even for packages listed as $400 AUD.
Which is why I just keep combining my orders, eventually Amazon just breaks the order up and ship it.

Got Robin Hood book today, paid 28 Euro, zero postage for me and Amazon paid 22 EURO postage :hilarious: