Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 11th, 2011
Purchase link: Future Shop.ca

HP72.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A member of the BD forum did a very good write up for it. Thanks to

GreatGreg said:
So as of yet, this is still unofficial, but I heard this today from a friend who is a Future Shop employee.

With the release of the final Harry Potter SteelBook (Deathy Hallows Part 2) in the Fall/Winter of 2011, Future Shop will be giving away an exclusive SteelBook shelf for all of the Harry Potter SteelBooks in the series.

From what was described to me, it is a shelf about the size of a breadbox, that would hold all of the Future Shop SteelBooks for the HP series. It has an HP design on it and will be exclusive to Future Shop.

Each store will have a limited number of these in and it will be a giveaway with the purchase of the final SteelBook in the set.

My friend actually saw the shelf that will be given out and said that it is beautiful.

Mind you, this is technically all hearsay and rumour until it is officially announced, but it sounds like exciting news if this indeed pans out.

I was unsure about whether or not to collect this series since I'm not even a fan of HP, but I'm glad I did now. Hopefully we'll hear more confirmed news in the weeks to come.

Thanks for posting, Old Bones-no I had not heard of this yet. Is it in an ad, etc?

Someone posted at Blu-Ray.com that it will be sold in store with the final film. Apperently it's quite lovely. No word yet if the website will be offering it too. I hope so. I doubt they will last very long in store. :(

looks like G1 steelbook, no?

All the others are G2, so I don't see why FS would do that? :rolleyes:

Especially as the set would have to fit into the display case potentially coming out with this Steel.

This will be a G2 steelbook. Sometimes retailers have out of date packshots for the movies and they sometimes appear as G1. I would expect no less of Future Shop - the entire Harry Potter line will be G2.

Hi All,

New poster, just wondering if anyone has found out any information on this shelf with the purchase of HPDH2 at futureshop. I am really initerested in the shelf and would like to get it but being stuck in NY will make this next to imposible.

I know I am a new user (so apparently I can't access the group buy section) but if it is possible to get the shelf I would be eternally grateful. I do have a good rating at ebay if you need backup.

Thanks,
Mike

what do you mean by shelf? There is an entire line of these Harry Potter Steels one or each movie that has released in steelbook.

Welcome to the forums, stick around ... you'll like it. And after 30 posts you'll be free to buy steelbooks from many of our trusted members in that section.

what do you mean by shelf? There is an entire line of these Harry Potter Steels one or each movie that has released in steelbook.

Welcome to the forums, stick around ... you'll like it. And after 30 posts you'll be free to buy steelbooks from many of our trusted members in that section.

Hey Wreck,

Check the first page of this topic. It has been mentioned in other forums that for the release of Deathly Hallows part 2 there will be a shelf/box to store all of the movies in. Since then there has been no new information, if someone has more information on this please spread the word.

I was interested in getting this, but like I said I know I am a new user (here and there) but if someone in the forum would help a guy out I would appreciate it.

Oh, yeah I havent kept up with the Harry Potter steels. Though that is really cool. I dont live in Canada so can't help ya'. Someone might able to assist you ... depending on how big that box is it might be pricey on shipping though probably cheaper than what you would have to pay at ebay.

Hey Wreck,

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah hopefully someone will help me out with it, being more of a harry potter fan and a mild steelbook fan this really interests me.

Actually though now that I think of it I do need the other Harry Potter Steels

Best,
Mike

Chief-the last I was told the details had not been worked out after FS met with the studio. A few weeks ago, it was planned to be a limited in store giveaway. However, as all things with Limited Eds, this could always change again:)

Reactions: Chief