Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: June 17, 2011
Price: 21.99$

m2190634.jpg

Actual pictures:

Last edited:
Much that I love Robbie Coltrane, maybe a bit too dark, literally I mean.

btw What is the difference between a "Global Exclusive SteelBook" and a "Future Shop Exclusive SteelBook" as HP1 has both whereas HP7.1 was only a "Future Shop Exclusive SteelBook" according to their ad ?

Last edited:
Sufury-they may have added the "Global" to emphasize the fact that no other store in the world would get this design (and hopefully it stays that way). Usually they use "Futureshop Exclusive" when they are the only retailer in "Canada" to have a certain Steelbook.

Nice! so we are getting the many Harry faces from the movies...lot of people will double dip and get the other exclusive steelbook covers from other countries too for sure!

Would be nice if these were at least the ultimate editions, would make a double dip more worth it.

I will probably pass on these.

I liked the FYE Deathly Hollow Part 1 cover better. Hopefully these won't be just a FS exclusive. Let these all start coming out in our perspective countries or let us order them for international shipping.

I liked the FYE Deathly Hollow Part 1 cover better. Hopefully these won't be just a FS exclusive. Let these all start coming out in our perspective countries or let us order them for international shipping.

Very doubtful. These are really FS's exclusive babies! ;)

I know this is technically way OT as this is only supposed to be about HP1, I do wonder what FS will do to complete the "set" at Christmas time when the other (HP7.2) must be scheduled for release. There will be lots of 8disc (or more) sets to choose between I am sure but think these will be FS exclusive as Borg says.

Now that all the German Harry potters steels are all under 9 euros that will drop the value of the set glad i didn't bite awhile back when someone on ebay wanted like $300 for the set.

I think i seen part 1 and 2 never watched the others so now i will buy all the steels and have a marathon night.

Quick reminder-if you are taking part in my group buy, please check the list for each Harry Potter release here. If your name does not appear on all of them, and you would like to purchase the whole series, please PM me. I've also added Deathly Hallows 7.2 to the list, though not yet announced, so I can keep a complete record of your requests. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, how was the title originally Philosopher's Stone? I didn't read the books, but I go into my bookstores often and see the title as Sorcerer's Stone. Maybe it's only this way in the USA, but either way I'm getting these steelbooks.

So, how was the title originally Philosopher's Stone? I didn't read the books, but I go into my bookstores often and see the title as Sorcerer's Stone. Maybe it's only this way in the USA, but either way I'm getting these steelbooks.

I think it was only in America where they renamed it. I heard it was because they thought Americans wouldn't know what a Philosopher was, but that could just be a dirty rumour EEK!

They say these are a WORLD-WIDE exclusive ... these things will be worth quite $$$ when its all said and done. Huge fan base following.

I think I will collect one complete set...and trade it for one complete UK set when all of them are released! ;-)