IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 8, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £19.99 ( Amazon - HMV) - £18.99 (Zavvi)

11859003-8494605372630651.jpg

11859003-1094605372181605.jpg
11859003-1864605372819864.jpg

Last edited:
Thumbs up for a steelbook release of this film, thumbs down for the weird parts of the artwork. Front is simple, could have been better, but okay I guess, I like the back image but not sure why they turned it the other way round, inside art would be great, but why did they put the house in the middle, makes no sense and looks really bad, should have been just those two faces.

Pre-ordered anyway, because I want this film in my collection and if there is nothing better out there by the time this is released I will get it.
There is also a German steelbook. It has been sold out, but periodically comes back. (Put yourself on the email alert)
D67D6EB3-3341-4731-8B1B-0CF07CCED494.jpeg

Thank you, I know about this one, but before I will start hunting it down I will need to see the back and inside. The front is definitelly better than the Zavvi one :thumbs:
I clicked on email alert on the site. Got an email - ordered, got it and then available listing gone. So the email alert works.
It seems they just alerted me to one copy available. But I got it. They probably pop up when people cancel?

• Thanks
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
I just watched this last night n scared the cr....out of me lol me no like the ending but it was a good film, I just won’t get any of the crappy steels releases, I really hope some one do a great Steelbook, it deserves it!

• Thanks
Reactions: wquach
Since the UK steel looks like utter crap to me (giant photoshoppy symbol on the front, rotated image on the back, reused tilted image of house on the inside art), I caved in and went for the German one (had to be on point with web alerts because it'd sell out on Amazon within minutes of a restock) which is better, but the spine/German text isn't ideal. Still waiting for a proper premium release.

WARNING:
*Spoiler territory but I'll try to be vague as well just in case*

On a side note, a lot of comments I've been reading hated the ending and I'm in the ambivalent to positive camp. The shift in score and the events that continued after what people thought the film should have ended felt like an epilogue and for me, provided more catharsis to everything that happened. It almost felt like all of it was inevitable and out of anyone's control (with the exception of those orchestrating it all) and Ari Aster has said similar sentiments in interviews. It's even more apparent when the end credits roll and the ending song plays, which is light hearted and cheerful in comparison to the majority of the film. Just something to think about.
Do I think the image of the floating body into the treehouse was still ridiculous? Hell yeah. Definitely could've been shot differently to be less cheesy, which is in stark contrast to the technical proficiency and detail of the rest of the film. The kind of 'acceptance' in Hereditary's ending reminds me of the ending in The Witch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Norwichlad
Kinda like the steelbook of the giant tree for snow white & The huntsman - I believe that had the same fate.
Haha. That one actually went on to create one of the most unique steelbooks ever. Remember that extremely rare one with the sparkly finish? I think it was like a giveaway or something...

Haha. That one actually went on to create one of the most unique steelbooks ever. Remember that extremely rare one with the sparkly finish? I think it was like a giveaway or something...
Yeah...I draw the line at my steelbooks being Bejeweled or Bedazzled.:wow:
Also not a fan of the "relief map"-style slips. (And how are you supposed to put that 3D FAC Alien Covenant into the library?!)

Yeah...I draw the line at my steelbooks being Bejeweled or Bedazzled.:wow:
Also not a fan of the "relief map"-style slips. (And how are you supposed to put that 3D FAC Alien Covenant into the library?!)
Haha may be they need to come out with a new cover/protector?