IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: October 8, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £19.99 ( Amazon - HMV) - £18.99 (Zavvi)

11859003-8494605372630651.jpg

11859003-1094605372181605.jpg
11859003-1864605372819864.jpg

Last edited:
That looks lot better than I expected

I had this on pre order with Zavvi but had to cancel due Zavvi likely taking payment before Thursday October 4th
My available funds reduced due to having to pay for other releases I was not expecting to have to pay for so soon and a direct debit I forgot about

I will re order after release date

Has steelbook.com ever been correct though? That's a genuine question by the way lol.
Scanavo have listed wrong finish before for steelbook listings on their website.

What is hilarious is that steelbook.com is the official scanavo website and they are the ones who manufacture the steelbooks :rofl::hilarious:

I can understand a retailer making an error about a steelbook finish but you would expect the manufacture of the steelbook to have correct details

According to Steelbook.com:-
"This SteelBook edition truly plays with the artwork. The family tree and leaves are nicely debossed while the backside of the SteelBook has a hidden message in the spot layer".
So, looks like spot-gloss finish - same as German steelbook (reportedly).

"Hidden message"? Interesting!
If I had to guess what it could be . . . (1)words or (2) a symbol:-
(1) "Liftoach Pandemonium" / "Open Up Chaos (or Hell)."

(2)
1538274310935.png

Admittedly confusing and counter productive when the manufacturer lists what appears to be two different finishes in the product description . . . "spot layer" and "gloss varnish" . . . although playing around w/ the words sense can be made = "spot gloss varnish layer" (to the artwork).

Last edited:
Scanavo have listed Gloss Varnish for UK steelbook and Spot Gloss for German Steelbook

If UK steelbook is spot gloss then scanavo have listed incorrectly as gloss varnish

• Helpful Post
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Recently watched this and loved it but I’ve cancelled my order due to it being available from all places and I’ll wait on a small drop.

Scanavo have listed wrong finish before for steelbook listings on their website.

What is hilarious is that steelbook.com is the official scanavo website and they are the ones who manufacture the steelbooks :rofl::hilarious:

I can understand a retailer making an error about a steelbook finish but you would expect the manufacture of the steelbook to have correct details
I know they've got it wrong countless times before, but my question is; have they ever got it right? I can't think of a single time that they have lol.

And yeah, you'd think the people who actually make the steels and have them right there in front of them would be able to correctly describe the finish *shrug* :p

Reactions: paulboland
This turned out pretty good, wasnt sure about the back, but looking at live pics Im liking that debossing. Im keeping my pre-order and looking forward to watch this again.

Perhaps give credit to the owner then. I know whose pictures they are. Don't steal his stuff.
I don't know who the owner is.

I didn't steal anything. His pictures are in the public domain of Instagram. Jesus, really! Don't get your knickers in a twist! :rolleyes:

I don't know who the owner is.

I didn't steal anything. His pictures are in the public domain of Instagram. Jesus, really! Don't get your knickers in a twist! :rolleyes:

Instagram pics show the username so you're lying. Either provide credit or remove the pics. It's not a difficult concept.