HMV Vinyl Week 2016 [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Thought I'd create a thread for it since it's a yearly event and is being discussed in multiple threads.

hmv vinyl week is almost here! Starting next Monday 13 June we will have great discounts on loads of vinyl albums ready for Father's Day.

But that's not all - on Saturday 18 June we will also have an amazing selection of hmv exclusive limited edition vinyl, including coloured vinyl, plus you can get your hands on selected vinyl reissues weeks before they're available anywhere else!

The limited edition vinyl exclusives will be available in all stores and online on a first-come first-served basis (while stocks last) and today we can reveal the FULL list of exclusive titles in our vinyl line-up which will be on sale from Saturday 18 June:
  • Sex Pistols: Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols (1000 copies on pink vinyl)
  • Manic Street Preachers: Everything Must Go (1000 copies on blue vinyl)
  • Various Artists: Let's Bop – Sun Records Collection (1000 copies on black vinyl)
  • Teenage Fanclub: Bandwagonesque (500 numbered copies on 'hmv pink' vinyl)
  • The Clash: The Clash (1000 copies on green vinyl)
  • Velvet Underground: Loaded (1000 copies on white vinyl)
  • Deep Purple: In Rock (1000 copies on marbled vinyl)
  • Alex Turner: Submarine OST (500 copies on 10” black vinyl)
  • Ben Salisbury & Geoff Barrow: Ex Machina OST (500 copies on frosted vinyl)
  • John Martyn: Solid Air (500 copies on green vinyl)
All of the above are strictly limited edition vinyl titles available only at hmv, but as well as these exclusives we'll also be offering you the chance to get your hands on a selection of upcoming reissues weeks before they're available anywhere else, including:
  • Iron Maiden: Brave New World (first ever edition on black vinyl!)
  • Pulp: Different Class
  • Pulp: His 'n' Hers
  • Pulp: This Is Hardcore
  • Pulp: We Love Life
  • Laura Marling: Alas, I Cannot Swim
  • Laura Marling: I Speak Because I Can
  • 30 Seconds To Mars: This Is War
  • Beastie Boys: Check Your Head (Deluxe Edition, Remastered)
  • Various Artists: Guardians Of The Galaxy OST (2 LP soundtrack & film score on black vinyl)
1.jpg

Where can I buy the exclusives?
Titles will be available in-store from Saturday 18th June from opening. All stores will have a limited quantity of all the exclusives which will be sold on a first-come first-served basis. Strictly no reservations. Please arrive in store early on Saturday 18th June to avoid disappointment. A very limited number of exclusives will also be available online from 9am on Saturday 18th June.

How many can I buy?
A maximum of 1 unit per title per customer can be purchased. As an example, customers are able to buy one copy of each of the exclusive albums, but wouldn't be able to buy multiple copies of the same exclusive.

What happens if I miss out on the day?
The titles are very limited and will be sold on a first come first served basis. As well as the exclusives we will also have savings on selected titles.

@Noodles @Flloydo Sorry you guys had problems it was on twitter that the HMV site had crashed.
Well i dragged myself out of bed and my good lady ran me down to my local HMV at 8.45 and there were only 5 people outside but they didn't really form any sort of queue so i was 3rd person in the shop :woot:
Couldn't Believe it I Got Ex-Machina:drool:
they only had 3 instore
Also got the coloured ones
Sex Pistols(Pink),
Velvets(White)
Manics(Blue)
Deep Purple(Marble)
I passed on Guardians deluxe Edition.
I shifted some steels & stuff on Ebay this week so that paid for todays haul.It's bad that there was stuff on Ebay within an hour of HMV opening though.
Haha nice one buddy. Congrats on your haul! :thumbs:

Maybe but that's like 4/ 5 variants now so I doubt it will happen.

I've been looking all morning and I find it strange there are no pictures!! Very odd
That was my point dude... once one version sells out, they release another. They've clearly been selling really well and I imagine most collectors own it by now, which is probably why there aren't any photos of the grey variant anywhere, since it's fairly new. That image @Travis Bickle posted is pretty much what you get though mate, so any other photos won't really show much else to be fair.

Haha nice one buddy. Congrats on your haul! :thumbs:

That was my point dude... once one version sells out, they release another. They've clearly been selling really well and I imagine most collectors own it by now, which is probably why there aren't any photos of the grey variant anywhere, since it's fairly new. That image @Travis Bickle posted is pretty much what you get though mate, so any other photos won't really show much else to be fair.

Back in stock at Hmv so just placed an order :)

Very surprised to see this is still available

Most of the others are avalibale still too and I think it's because the titles don't show up in the site search and they have taken them off the homepage banner so you can only find them by searching through something like Google - deep purple Hmv Exclusive vinyl for example. Wonder how long they will stick around online

Back in stock at Hmv so just placed an order :)
Awesome! Glad you managed to get one in the end dude. :thumbs:

Most of the others are avalibale still too and I think it's because the titles don't show up in the site search and they have taken them off the homepage banner so you can only find them by searching through something like Google - deep purple Hmv Exclusive vinyl for example. Wonder how long they will stick around online
Since it sold really well online, I imagine they're now taking stock from stores. I can't currently find it on their site though, so maybe it's sold out again...? Did you try to order more than one copy by the way?

If anyone who hasn't already ordered Ex Machina would be so kind to order a copy for @dan8885 if it comes back in stock, it'd be really appreciated! :)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
Never mind... found it! I've ordered another copy for you @dan8885, although only one order is showing on my account (despite paying for and receiving confirmation emails for both), which is worrying. :confused:

I selected the notify me on email option the second it went out of stock yesterday when it was in my basket and then about 20 mins later it went to the discontinued page. But I couldn't search for them on the actual site, only through Google.
I couldn't add more than 1 to the basket but I haven't checked to see if you can order another

Yeah I did think it's re stocks from the stores

I'm just happy I managed to grab one

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Noodles
I selected the notify me on email option the second it went out of stock yesterday when it was in my basket and then about 20 mins later it went to the discontinued page. But I couldn't search for them on the actual site, only through Google.
I couldn't add more than 1 to the basket but I haven't checked to see if you can order another

Yeah I did think it's re stocks from the stores

I'm just happy I managed to grab one
Yeah, the "discontinued" page is all I kept getting too... then I tried searching for it through Google as you suggested, and there it was! It's allowed me to order another copy separately, but my original order is nowhere to be seen... I had a lot of timing out issues yesterday though, so I think it's just a case of the site not logging my purchase properly on their site. Hopefully both orders should be ok!

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
Yeah, the "discontinued" page is all I kept getting too... then I tried searching for it through Google as you suggested, and there it was! It's allowed me to order another copy separately, but my original order is nowhere to be seen... I had a lot of timing out issues yesterday though, so I think it's just a case of the site not logging my purchase properly on their site. Hopefully both orders should be ok!

I do hope both your orders will be ok, so that you and Dan get one

I see on Twitter loads had issues with the site yesterday and and it was a bit slow when I woke up but that was 40 mins after they went live.

These would of sold out online last night when they went back up if they kept the option to view them on the home page banner

I imagine not many realise they are back up to order

You can only see the Hmv reissues like guardians etc and 50% sale items from the banner

This is actually my first vinyl order since getting back Into it all. So since arctic monkeys - AM

I was going to buy taxi driver and drive vinyls last week but because of the new job start I was putting them on hold another few weeks to a month but I jumped on this because of the whole fear of it selling out and spending a lot more than I wanted to in the end

I did also just buy the Birdman ost vinyl for £10.60 on Amazon. Great price plus I have a voucher so it's just cost me 60p lol

This is brilliant, didn't even know it exsisted until I checked this thread 5 minutes ago, your right it does not come up on their site, so I followed your advise and searched through Google and bingo ORDERED instantly, cheer's mate:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:...

This is brilliant, didn't even know it exsisted until I checked this thread 5 minutes ago, your right it does not come up on their site, so I followed your advise and searched through Google and bingo ORDERED instantly, cheer's mate:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:...

What did you go for mate? Ex MACHINA? Or did you go for one of the others

I've mentioned it a lot in the steel section but HMVs site is very odd and temperamental at times

I complained to them about it a few months back and they said they would sort it out but obviously they haven't. (Items not coming up in search after its sold out or discontinued but is avaliable to buy again)
I also told them to sort out their tetuens process, you can only send items back for refunds, not replacements but you can go into a store with your receipt and exchange for a replacement

I told them A. Who online only accepts refunds when you return an item and they are alone and backward for doing so and B. Not everyone lives near a store and can cost between £5 - £10 or more extra to get to a store depending on where the person lives and mode of transport they use

Again was told they would be fixing their returns process soon

• Thanks
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
What did you go for mate? Ex MACHINA? Or did you go for one of the others

I've mentioned it a lot in the steel section but HMVs site is very odd and temperamental at times

I complained to them about it a few months back and they said they would sort it out but obviously they haven't. (Items not coming up in search after its sold out or discontinued but is avaliable to buy again)
I also told them to sort out their tetuens process, you can only send items back for refunds, not replacements but you can go into a store with your receipt and exchange for a replacement

I told them A. Who online only accepts refunds when you return an item and they are alone and backward for doing so and B. Not everyone lives near a store and can cost between £5 - £10 or more extra to get to a store depending on where the person lives and mode of transport they use

Again was told they would be fixing their returns process soon
Ex MACHINA, looks awesome in the photo's and I've got a little collection of this film going on so it fit's perfectly mate, I can't afford to start collecting vinyl as well as my other stuff, so I'm very choosy with what I pick up, out of that list above the Manic's Blue vinyl looks nice and it's a great album but again not a must have just yet, since HMV came back online everything I have ordered has been Mint, so I've been very fortunate and not had to deal with their Customer service/return's policies, finger's crossed it stay's like that, as for this Ex MACHINA vinyl, over the moon I've managed to pick this up, fit's perfectly with what I've got, a big thank you @Noodles for starting this thread which I would have missed out on otherwise, and a big thank you to @Travis Bickle for the photo's and of course to you mate for telling me to search through Google (the only way to find it):thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:...

Ex MACHINA, looks awesome in the photo's and I've got a little collection of this film going on so it fit's perfectly mate, I can't afford to start collecting vinyl as well as my other stuff, so I'm very choosy with what I pick up, out of that list above the Manic's Blue vinyl looks nice and it's a great album but again not a must have just yet, since HMV came back online everything I have ordered has been Mint, so I've been very fortunate and not had to deal with their Customer service/return's policies, finger's crossed it stay's like that, as for this Ex MACHINA vinyl, over the moon I've managed to pick this up, fit's perfectly with what I've got, a big thank you @Noodles for starting this thread which I would have missed out on otherwise, and a big thank you to @Travis Bickle for the photo's and of course to you mate for telling me to search through Google (the only way to find it):thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:...

I only have the WWA steel but it's a beauty and I loved the film. Wish I had the mondo but no biggie, but I had to jump on this after missing the blu speckeled version

Since collecting steels a few years back I stopped on vinyl but I've got back into it the last 2 months and have a big want list lol which I plan to at least get one of my list a month in with my steel budget and although I went for Birdman too this month it only cost me 60p so it's all good.

I've got some old stuff to sell too so when I do that I'll grab waxwork taxi driver package and drive pink vinyl.
Eyeing up a few others too

Most my stuff has been mint with Hmv which is a relief but I had agg over hateful eight and I was just told I have to send it back for a refund not a replacement but that wasn't because of the stock issues that's their policy in general

Their main issue is how the website works.

Also if you order with debit card, once you submit it you can only cancel or try again, the page don't auto re direct to your account. If you go back it cancels the order or select the only 2 options it cancels so you just have to close the page, open Hmv back up and check your account orders or wait for an email which don't always happen too.
I got messed about with order ages ago and thought I ordered it but it cancelled instead because I tried getting back to the site after I orderd
So it's very temperamental in a few aspects but their deliverys are quick and so far most my items have been fine.
Fingers crossed with this

Hope the same for you and noodles

@SteelbookGenius666 Thank you for your kind comments buddy and @Flloydo @Noodles you guys are awesome Nick you are a star buddy you have a kind heart helping to get Vinyl for other members. All this crap on telly about hooligans & terrorism and shootings etc. it's depressing it's lovely to come on to this forum and see genuine guys who care about each other
To be honest i'm drifting away from steelbooks and have cancelled a lot of stuff as i'm now back into Vinyl thankyou Nick and @dan8885 top guys as you guys have helped me find stuff i didn't know existed. Although i've only spoke to you on the forums would love to meet up with you guys one day and have a beer or two & talk Music & Movies.:thumbs:
Just felt i had to say that Lol :LOL::thumbs: was that too gushy? :drool:

I do hope both your orders will be ok, so that you and Dan get one

I see on Twitter loads had issues with the site yesterday and and it was a bit slow when I woke up but that was 40 mins after they went live.

These would of sold out online last night when they went back up if they kept the option to view them on the home page banner

I imagine not many realise they are back up to order

You can only see the Hmv reissues like guardians etc and 50% sale items from the banner

This is actually my first vinyl order since getting back Into it all. So since arctic monkeys - AM

I was going to buy taxi driver and drive vinyls last week but because of the new job start I was putting them on hold another few weeks to a month but I jumped on this because of the whole fear of it selling out and spending a lot more than I wanted to in the end

I did also just buy the Birdman ost vinyl for £10.60 on Amazon. Great price plus I have a voucher so it's just cost me 60p lol
Thanks... me too! If there's no update on them by tomorrow, then I'll contact HMV, just to be sure. I imagine that's the first time since their site has been back up that they've received traffic like that, which they probably weren't expecting. I think the fact that it is still fairly new is why there's still some other issues on there too, but they'll no doubt iron them out over time. At least they have an excuse though and great customer service... unlike a certain other UK online retailer that begins with ZAV and ends with VI. :rolleyes:

Great choice to restart your vinyl collection with pal. I'm only really just getting back into vinyl collecting too... all thanks to the amazing work @dan8885 has been doing in our Vinyl section lately and making me aware of some beautiful editions that I wouldn't have known existed otherwise. Keep it up dude! :thumbs:

You HAVE to get both Taxi Driver and Drive when you can afford them man... I'm sure I don't need to explain why. ;)
@SteelbookGenius666 Thank you for your kind comments buddy and @Flloydo @Noodles you guys are awesome Nick you are a star buddy you have a kind heart helping to get Vinyl for other members. All this crap on telly about hooligans & terrorism and shootings etc. it's depressing it's lovely to come on to this forum and see genuine guys who care about each other
To be honest i'm drifting away from steelbooks and have cancelled a lot of stuff as i'm now back into Vinyl thankyou Nick and @dan8885 top guys as you guys have helped me find stuff i didn't know existed. Although i've only spoke to you on the forums would love to meet up with you guys one day and have a beer or two & talk Music & Movies.:thumbs:
That's what HDN is all about buddy... helping others! I only wish I could offer to help people out more often, but having a grumpy postman and also not having my own car to transport parcels to the post office doesn't make things easy. Really kind of you to say anyway mate and it's very much appreciated. :)

I can only agree... I'd love to meet yourself and many others on here at some point too. Hopefully one day we can arrange something! And don't worry dude, nothing's ever too gushy to be said on HDN... we're all family here. :happy:

Funnily enough dan and noodles got me back into vinyl. I've spent the last 2/3 months checking the threads out and you guys kindly tag me so I don't miss much now but I'm kicking myself over past releases now like the 2 coloured revenant vinyls I'm trying to track down. They look beautiful and I remember the score being incredible.
This (ex MACHINA) will also be my first score I've bought on vinyl followed by Birdman about an hour after.
I've got scores on CD but not on vinyl.
My dad gave me his vinyl collection a month ago and life of Brian soudtrack was in there which made me laugh

I mentioned to noodles a while back I'd love to meet up with him and some others so you never know. Could easily happen
U.K. Is a small place, only a few hours travel for most things

Awesome,
Apart of me thinks I should get the velvet underground and sex pistols but I have to stay strong lol

Thanks... me too! If there's no update on them by tomorrow, then I'll contact HMV, just to be sure. I imagine that's the first time since their site has been back up that they've received traffic like that, which they probably weren't expecting. I think the fact that it is still fairly new is why there's still some other issues on there too, but they'll no doubt iron them out over time. At least they have an excuse though and great customer service... unlike a certain other UK online retailer that begins with ZAV and ends with VI. :rolleyes:

Great choice to restart your vinyl collection with pal. I'm only really just getting back into vinyl collecting too... all thanks to the amazing work @dan8885 has been doing in our Vinyl section lately and making me aware of some beautiful editions that I wouldn't have known existed otherwise. Keep it up dude! :thumbs:

You HAVE to get both Taxi Driver and Drive when you can afford them man... I'm sure I don't need to explain why. ;)

That's what HDN is all about buddy... helping others! I only wish I could offer to help people out more often, but having a grumpy postman and also not having my own car to transport parcels to the post office doesn't make things easy. Really kind of you to say anyway mate and it's very much appreciated. :)

I can only agree... I'd love to meet yourself and many others on here at some point too. Hopefully one day we can arrange something! And don't worry dude, nothing's ever too gushy to be said on HDN... we're all family here. :happy:

Yeah he does a great job updating the threads and letting us know by tag.
Now I'm back into work again and hopefully works out fine I'll defo be jumping on a lot more vinyl

I do worry taxi driver will sell out by the time I get it, need that tri colour and pink drive. I will get them don't worry lol

I'm the same mate, I wish I could help out more and host giveaways and stuff. Again hopefully in the future ( I also don't drive and the family get the ump with the postie because of me)

Yeah he does a great job updating the threads and letting us know by tag.
Now I'm back into work again and hopefully works out fine I'll defo be jumping on a lot more vinyl

I do worry taxi driver will sell out by the time I get it, need that tri colour and pink drive. I will get them don't worry lol

I'm the same mate, I wish I could help out more and host giveaways and stuff. Again hopefully in the future ( I also don't drive and the family get the ump with the postie because of me)
He certainly does. :thumbs:

Honestly, I'm surprised Taxi Driver didn't sell out weeks ago... it's one of the best looking records out there IMO. Hopefully it's still in stock when you get around to buying it though!

Same here mate... my family are forever having words with me about how much I order, and I only recently realised that they may have a point once boxes started overflowing outside my bedroom and on to the landing lol.