I Am Legend (Blu-Ray Steelbook) [Germany]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
I Am Legend German Blu-ray SteelBook has carried a nice value over the past year in the $100+ range but it seems like its about to be rereleased which could bring its value down.

UPDATE: Yes it was re-released and the extreme value of IAL transferred over to the FutureShop version. This IAL isnt worth much these days and can still be had off of German amazon.

Picture compliments of Victors w/ permission.

Attachments

• 20940_full.jpg
    20940_full.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 201
Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone give me some advice on this release.
I bought it from Germany it was advertised as the rare first release steelbook.
The shrink wrapping that it came with it totally different to the one uploaded originally on this thread.
Mine is just a regular shrink wrap but the other one has the strip to tear the plastic wrapper off. I have uploaded my photos to compare
Is there anyway to tell the first release apart from the re release, and do you think I have been mis-sold this title?

I have a sealed copy with the tear strip and no logo had it for years so it must be a 1st print, but I dare say unless its a printed logo then I can't see any other difference ?
IMAG0584.jpg

IMAG0585-1.jpg

Printed logo or sticker?

Marc, half of the ones I received have sticker logos. The other half did not but not the same shrink wrap. I still have not decided which ones to open to see if they have the biohazard sticker inside. I love the cover art though so I am going to open one up real soon now :)

Reactions: MK50
So how can one tell which one is which from the 1st prints and reprints then?? I own the first print one which is still sealed.

Can someone tell me if I own the 1st print or 2nd

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331045257.285793.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331045257.285793.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 78
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331045446.961142.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331045446.961142.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 78
This is the sad thing about living in the world of reprints... sometimes you just cannot tell
Germany is well known for that :rolleyes:
But at least I know for sure that mine IS the 1st print as I got it on preorder back in 2008 when it first came out, it also comes with a sticker, not that I've seen mine mind you as it's still sealed.

Reactions: terry44
i think your is first because banner is big and remake is small banner i think

I believe this is correct. The banner on the re-release ones seems to be a bit smaller, the Blu-ray Disc logo is a touch closer to the top edge of the steel. The first print one (at least the ones shown on this thread) appear to have a slightly larger blu-ray banner and the logo is not as close to the top edge of the steelbook.

Anyways, its very hard to tell, practically identical.

I just recieved my copy from amazon.de today, mine has the sticker FSK and the slightly shorter blu-ray banner on it.

I just recieved my copy from amazon.de today, mine has the sticker FSK and the slightly shorter blu-ray banner on it.
Does yours 'this re-release' come with the sticker 'inside the case of course - you can hear it moving back and forth if you shake it a bit'?

Does yours 'this re-release' come with the sticker 'inside the case of course - you can hear it moving back and forth if you shake it a bit'?

So no one has opened their copies of this latest shipment? Let's see who will be the first. If no one does by the time I get home from work tonight, I will rip open the one copy with the FSK logo sticker to find out.

DJ - I did the same thing too, shaking it back and forth and hearing and feeling something moving inside but definitely NOT the disc. :D

So no one has opened their copies of this latest shipment? Let's see who will be the first. If no one does by the time I get home from work tonight, I will rip open the one copy with the FSK logo sticker to find out.

DJ - I did the same thing too, shaking it back and forth and hearing and feeling something moving inside but definitely NOT the disc. :D

Just opened mine.... no Bio-Hazard sticker.. :(.