Immortals 2D/3D (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

justintime2k

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Shoreham By Sea, UK
Amazon UK link here

HMV Link - http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=495259

Play Link - http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/...ct.html?searchstring=immortals&searchtype=BLU

Release Date of March 5, 2012.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Immortals.jpg
    Immortals.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 854
Last edited by a moderator:
FYI BBFC offered Universal a uncut 18 rating but the studio wanted a 15 so went with their recommendations

too bad they lost a sale then. no way am i buying a cut film. was pissed off when i bought Fast and Furious to find that was cut by 4 seconds!

I'm not really one to fuss over a few added seconds but for some reason it really bothered me with this release. Just knowing that there were other options that were not cut made me cancel my UK order.

I need 3D... Is this the best option for 3D?

Depends. I'm debating this exact question. Canada has no 3D so its out. I'm knocking the French and German releases since they're in foreign text and slightly expensive. It's either this or the Dutch. Both are 3D. Both appear to be all English. England is cut, Dutch is not. Dutch will be more expensive. Dutch does have different covers. England comes out first. Depends on which cover and how important the 18 seconds are and if a few extra bucks is worth it.

Depends. I'm debating this exact question. Canada has no 3D so its out. I'm knocking the French and German releases since they're in foreign text and slightly expensive. It's either this or the Dutch. Both are 3D. Both appear to be all English. England is cut, Dutch is not. Dutch will be more expensive. Dutch does have different covers. England comes out first. Depends on which cover and how important the 18 seconds are and if a few extra bucks is worth it.

that sounds like way too many variables :ohno:

yeah, UK or Dutch for the 3D.

still waiting and confirmation. It must have inside artwork or else I'll walk away.

As I collect more steelbook through the years, inside artwork is mandatory unless embossed/debossed features, exclusive no where else, etc, price,

My issue with buying the UK one is that it sends a signal to the UK distributor that it's ok to censor movies to give them 'child-friendly' ratings. I'm going to vote with my wallet on that one.

Just my personal take on it. :)

I think the german should be cut as it is FSK 16 NOT 18! But really not sure...
Also the silver banner on the german one :-(
I will order the UK one, i think (and hope!) 4 seconds will not make a difference for me...

I think the german should be cut as it is FSK 16 NOT 18! But really not sure...

I will order the UK one, i think (and hope!) 4 seconds will not make a difference for me...

Interesting point on the German release MK, I think the FSK 16 equates roughly to the US 'R' rating, which is the rating the uncut version received in North America.

The only versions I'm aware of which were mandatorily cut are the Lebanese (!) and Malaysian prints - both heavily censored.

The UK one would have received an 18 but the film company opted to have the following footage removed to secure a less restrictive certificate:

(from the bbfc site) "Company chose to make cuts to reduce violence in order to achieve a 15 classification. Cuts included removal of the bloody focus on a throat being cut, reducing the focus on young women dying, having been burnt, reducing the focus on eye gouging, removing the shot of a beheading, and reducing some focus on large splashes of blood resulting from characters being killed. Cuts were made in line with BBFC Guidelines and policy."

Total amount of cuts = 18 seconds.

Reactions: MK50
Oops, where did i get that 4 seconds instead of 18 :(

I thought when germany has FSK 16 it is mostly PG15 in the UK and thought FSK 18 is PG18...

I preordered the german one, but not sure if i keep it!