Immortals 2D/3D (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

justintime2k

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Shoreham By Sea, UK
Amazon UK link here

HMV Link - http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=495259

Play Link - http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/...ct.html?searchstring=immortals&searchtype=BLU

Release Date of March 5, 2012.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Immortals.jpg
    Immortals.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 853
Last edited by a moderator:
So the uk does look nice but is the dutch version gonna be worth the extra cash?? .What a nightmare this movie is turning out to be,confusing or what!:confused::EEK!

Received my UK steelbook, it is toally dent free and a great addition to my collection. The cuts made if any were only seconds for the cinema release. Its not as if there's an extended cut in existance of several minutes making it worthwhile to buy from somewhere else? Just my thoughts :dunno:

how i see censorship cuts to films is similar to tearing a page out of a book or a CD track skipping

18 seconds doesn't sound a lot but if you sit there and actually time 18 seconds, it's quite a lot.

how i see censorship cuts to films is similar to tearing a page out of a book or a CD track skipping

18 seconds doesn't sound a lot but if you sit there and actually time 18 seconds, it's quite a lot.

Totally agree with you! The best example I can think of is Predator (1987) the uncut version was far superior even though it had a few seconds of extra violence and gore!

the original European DVD version of Predator was mastered wrong and included a TV version, hence why it was cut to shreds. all other editions worldwide were uncut though ;)

it's different when it's been censored by the studios. the director will edit it different so it's kinds "director approved" edits

when it's out of their hands it can look really sloppy. great example was WB cutting the UK version of Eraser for VHS. that was terrible!!!!

Totally agree with you! The best example I can think of is Predator (1987) the uncut version was far superior even though it had a few seconds of extra violence and gore!
I second both of you, we demand the full uncut version of our hard-earned cash spent on these BD movies :scat:

The cuts made if any were only seconds for the cinema release.

To put it into perspective, if you took the film ALIEN and removed the shot when the facehugger leaps onto John Hurt's face. If you then also removed the 'chestburster' shots and all footage of the creature killing crew members Harry Dean Stanton and and Yaphet Kotto. If you removed all that footage it would STILL be less than what's been removed from the Immortals for its UK release. You can show a lot in 18 seconds!

In my view, supporting the distributor's decision to voluntarily cut the movie down to a lower certificate is a very slippery slope. What will they decide to cut next? Would you be happy for example, if Ridley Scott's new Prometheus was also cut down to a 15 to make it more child-friendly? What if the new Batman movie was cut down to a 12 from a 15?

If you're against this kind of voluntary censorship then the only way to let the distributor know that it's not acceptable is NOT to buy voluntarily censored product. It's the only power of veto you have over distributor policy, and I really hope enough people refuse to buy this release so that the distributor is persuaded not to do it again..

yes but the 18 seconds could just be 4 seconds here 2 seconds there and from what i read its just a bit of gore and blood and changes nothing from the film for me its all about the cost. Of course i would like the full uncut version but i will not pay extra money for 18 seconds. and tbh i will never open my steel anyway so i will not watch it now.

yes but the 18 seconds could just be 4 seconds here 2 seconds there and from what i read its just a bit of gore and blood and changes nothing from the film for me its all about the cost. Of course i would like the full uncut version but i will not pay extra money for 18 seconds. and tbh i will never open my steel anyway so i will not watch it now.
Maybe you won't but collectors in a year or so from now will pay extra $s for this uncut version if you ever decide to sell your sealed copy (that's if you own the uncut one), where the UK one would be widely available and might stay or even go down in value ;)

I strongly disagree with most of you guys. The 18 Seconds do not matter at all, in the big picture. For sure, if you've already seen those 18 seconds, you'll eventually miss them, if you watch a shorter version. But, there are also like 10-50 hours of footage you don't even know about - and you probably will never get to know them. Even a super extendend extra collectors ultra long edition shows only a short percentage of the scenes that have been caught during production.

So, imagine how much more you could show in 50 additional hours of footage? You do not complain about that, do you? Perhaps the director wanted the film to be 15 Minutes longer, but the scenes were too brutal to show them, so they didn't add those scenes to the movie, at last - you don't know that. Probably every film that shows brutal content has already been censored, even if there's a big red "UNCUT" printed on the package. Probably the director really wanted those additional scenes, but was not allowed to add them.

Who decides which version the "full uncut version" is? The Director? The Producer? The Publisher? The Community? The Staff? The Actors? hardly doubted that all those parties got the same opinion regarding this point.

So, Vrob98, to the question what I would do if Ridley Scott's Prometheus was cut down to a 15. I'd probably watch the movie and enjoy it. What would you do? Not watching the film because you know there could have been an extra 2 minutes? Please excuse, me, but this sounds kinda ... weird to me.

I do understand if you'd complain about 50 Minutes of footage (Lotr) the director really wanted to add, but was not allowed to. But 18 seconds, come on, in the end you will not even know what scenes you didn't see, because you didn't see them. And even if you saw them, you would still miss about hours of footage. So it's also kinda weird when someone tells me that he does only spend his hard earned cash on the full version of a movie..

And at last. Your veto, if you want so, is kinda useless, because the publisher doesn't even know WHY you do not buy the movie.

just my 2 cents

Raised some good points there halpme maybe the studio will release a directors cut in a couple of months like you said there will be loads of footage they will cut i am not worried about 18 seconds and tbh i would never of known there was 18 seconds cut untill vrob first found out about it.

everyone is entitled to their opinion of course and if you decided to buy it, please enjoy it

but like i said above, it's similar to someone removing pages from a book or blacking out frames from a graphic novel.

i'm not aiming this at the BBFC since they offered the film an uncut 18 certificate but Universal who decided to "dilute" the film for a younger audience to rake more £££ in

this i don't have a problem with (hardly got the cinema these days) but when they can't be bothered to release an uncut 18 for home release, it does annoy me

Expendables was trimmed down to a 15 for it's cinema release for the same reasons but lionsgate released it uncut on BD

Mine just arrived and is going straight back as its dented! :angry:

And no, I dont care about the 18 seconds, the 10 minutes ive just wasted reading about it bothers me more :hilarious:

tbh i will never open my steel anyway

Then of course it doesn't matter what content is or isn't included. :)

But, there are also like 10-50 hours of footage you don't even know about

True, but we're talking about the version of the film that was actually produced after hours of painstaking editing and decision-making, the same version that was approved for release by the director and studio. The version in fact that exists in every other territory BUT the UK.

If footage is photographed, edited, scored and has special effects applied, then that footage can rightly be considered part of the finished movie, and to have it hacked out due to an opportunistic and insensitive distributor is an insult to all those craftsmen whose work is being removed, no matter how brief the content.

And that's why nobody who loves film can possibly condone censorship - and most particularly when it's done for purely commercial reasons.

couldn't put it better myself to be honest

but like i said though, for those who buy the UK version, enjoy