Inception (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #133) [Czech Republic]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: June 19, 2020
Purchase link: Filmarena
Price: 1699 CZK
Group buy: Hosted by carllenc
Note: Limited to 751 copies

5AC4F355-2573-40A9-909F-1E334B09B975.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
hey there! it varies a lot, from retailer to retailer. for example:
  • in my experience, bufans/fanatics GBs here usually have plenty of copies. :thumbs: you can't buy blufans/fanatics direct from their website, so you'll need a GB.
  • FAC/Black Barons always used to have a large number as well, but as a company they can be pretty hardball with collectors, and they have been giving our fewer and fewer copies to GBs recently. :grumpy: FAC do have a major retail website, but i have only bought from them a few times direct, and their collectors' number programme (which they have been running forever), means those who started out with them get first dibs. best bet is to put yourself on the waiting lists there and keep your fingers crossed!
  • MantaLab GBs here usually have plenty of copies, too. you can also buy MantaLab direct via their (new) retailer website quite easily, but they will sell out in minutes usually. Manta's old website still works, but sales now go through the new one.
  • NovaMedia GBs here are usually fine, too. they have a great retail website (these days!), and you can buy direct easily, but like Manta they are popular.
  • Kimchi have done some GBs in the past, but again you can buy direct, like Manta or Nova, and just like them they are popular! you will also see the name SM Life - other ninjas will correct me, but i think they are affiliated with Kimchi.
  • HDZeta's products are excellent, but their own website is a real lottery, and they used to provide plenty copies for GBs, but those days seem to be behind us now.
  • WeEt collection are relatively new, but some of their releases have been great. they do GBs here, usually with plenty copies, and you can buy direct.
  • the same is true for U'Mania, website here.
  • CineMuseum GBs here often have plenty of copies, but they sell out quick, and can be hard to get direct on their website due to demand.
  • everythingBlu do not do GBs, but it's not usually hard to get their stuff direct.
  • Plain Archive are the same, not usually GBs, but buying direct is fine, in my experience. their releases are often a bit more esoteric, also, so you don't get the mad rush you do for a DC, a Marvel, or a Nolan.
  • there are a few other companies too, like WCL and Art Crafts (here), but these are much smaller, limited edition sellers, and they do not run GBs.
  • Steelbook central sometimes get FACs and other releases in small amount, keep an eye on their website. this is also the best place (in my opinion) to get made to measure (to the micron) protectors.
  • other websites you may want to keep an eye on, who don't do GBs but do some lovely limited editions, are Arrow (here), PowerHouse (here), and don't forget the HDN Ninja shop right here! this sometimes has great editions you missed elsewhere.
ninjas here who source and help with the GBs can only sell the copies they are given, and that's down to the retailer. after all the business GBs here have sent some of their way, you would hope that they would be more accommodating. but that's business, and you can't always get what you want.

if there is a GB you are interested in, "Watch" the thread for the release (button top right of the page), keep the Group Buy tab open and F5 a lot, and open and set up your PayPal in advance. every little helps. good luck! :) :thumbs:

:p

• Haha
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
@steelmybeatingheart, woah, that’s super informative! Thanks so much!

move picked up a couple releases here and there but it’s only now I’m really getting into them.

I’m currently purging my collection and these beautiful sets from these people fit right in with my current collecting habits!

In fear of sounding like a complete noob, is there anywhere that’s gives a run down of all the terms for these sets? I.e. full slip, 1/4 slip, wwe steelbook, etc
WWE steelbook: the kind of steelbook that gets released worldwide, not rare, you can find it in your local movieshop usually.
WEA steelbook: a steelbook with a unique design exclusive to one retailer. Only that retailer will sell it, and it's usually part of a premium set ofcourse.
WEA's are usually better looking as the design is unique, so if possible, go for WEA releases. WWA releases can be beautiful too though.

Fullslip: a steelbook (WEA or WWA) that comes in a slip,usually with a booklet, postcards, artcards and other goodies. If done right the slip has some nice texture, gloss and embossing.
A Single Lenticular (SL) is the same as a fullslip, butthe front has an image that 'moves' and has depth. You can look up video's showcasing this:
The video showcases the Blade Runner 2049 HDzeta single lenticular and it's absolutely stunning, I have it and it's one of my favorites.
A lenticular image is less sharp and clear and there's no embossing or gloss or anything like that, but if done rightlike with BR2049 it can be beautiful.
The back of a SL is just the same as the fullslip, usually no nice finish or texture or anything like that, just an image.
A double lenticular (DL) is the same as a SL but it has a lenticularimage on the front and the back.
A 1/4th is basically a steelbook in a J-card, but the J-cardis very high quality, the same kind of material as a fullslip usually. Buying a 1/4th is recommended if the steelbook design is beautiful, due to the front of the steelbook not having a slip covering it the nice design is visible.

I usually prefer fullslips. I don't know why. Personal taste.

Anyways, that's what I know about them but I've only been collecting for 3 months and I own only 7 premiums, so the more experienced collectors might have to correct me on some things.

@zeebeer, killed it.

Thank you so so much! I’ve been on here for 3 years, and have been on previous forums, collecting since 2007, yet these last couple of days I’ve learnt so much.

I’m so ready to be more involved round here and can’t wait for more sets to come up.

I just hope I can actually get lucky and get some without being scalped haha!

3 here, 4 there... Why not put all the copies you have at the same time and avoid this nerve breaking game !! I really like the movie and already missed the screwed up HDZETA Group buy. FAC used to have nice and clean GB. Now this.... sad times, too old for this sh..

3 here, 4 there... Why not put all the copies you have at the same time and avoid this nerve breaking game !!

It's not the hosts fault. He didn't know straight away at the time of putting up the first few copies that he could obtain a second amount.
GB hosts do us a favour regardless of the amount they get allocated. They don't have to do anything if they don't want to.

It's unfortunate for many who wanted this but such is life.

Dear Collectors,

let us inform you about the titles that will be scheduled for pre-orders in the next week and also a little about the background of further preparations.

Next week we will launch pre-orders for titles:

FAC #133 INCEPTION
FAC #134 JAWS
FAC #135 THE BREAKFAST CLUB
BB #26 IT CHAPTER TWO E1 (HARDBOX GIFT for purchasing E1 + E2)
BB #26 IT CHAPTER TWO E2 (HARDBOX GIFT for purchasing E1 + E2)

Some time ago we announced that the 134th title should be X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX, but we still had to postpone this plan for a while. During June - August, the Fox studio will go under the MagicBox distribution, and what we haven't managed to release yet, it will be necessary to approve it once again under the new distributor. Thus, not only DARK PHOENIX but also the exclusive PREDATOR will undergo a repeated approval process.

Please allow us to thank Bontonfilm for their long-term cooperation. We have made a lot of beautiful editions together that will remain unforgettable.

As mentioned above, from September 2020, the titles of the Fox studio will be transferred to the major Czechoslovak distributor MagicBox, who will further represent the WARNER BROS., UNIVERSAL, DISNEY, FOX, PARAMOUNT studios. The only studio that will not be represented in our territory until February 2021 will be the SONY studio. If the SONY studio makes an agreement with MagicBox by the end of this year, the new collaboration could slowly start in the old dormitories from February 2021.

Due to waiting for a repeated approval process, we have decided to postpone the X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX title indefinitely. In its place, we decided to deploy the premium edition JAWS, released for the 45th anniversary of this film.

We will introduce the premium editions of JAWS, THE BREAKFAST CLUB, and IT CHAPTER TWO to you by the end of this week.

We are preparing other great shots for you in the next weeks and months.

We look forward to your orders.

Thank you for your support and cooperation.

Kind regards,
The FA team

103804280_3299441553506131_1275982691382743622_o.jpg

Thanks for the update.

I’m still hoping there’s a chance I can pick this up when it goes live directly on FA’s website.

Does anyone know what time in the day orders go live? And any advice on how to prepare my account with them for the quickest checkout to get one? I’m assuming this will go quick so I’ll have to get in there quick.

Thanks for the update.
I’m still hoping there’s a chance I can pick this up when it goes live directly on FA’s website.

Does anyone know what time in the day orders go live? And any advice on how to prepare my account with them for the quickest checkout to get one? I’m assuming this will go quick so I’ll have to get in there quick.

:p

Thanks for the update.

It will NEVER go live on FA site