Inglourious Basterds (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No.23) [Hong Kong]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: January 7, 2019
Purchase links: One Click - Double Lenti Full Slip - Single Lenti Full Slip - Full Slip - Pre-order November 30 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8 - Check your local time HERE
Price: $129.97 (One Click) - $39.99 (Double Lenti) - $38.99 (Single Lenti or Full Slip)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv One Click - Double Lenti Full Slip - Single Lenti Full Slip - Full Slip
Notes: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed" Title.
One Click limited to 500 numbered copies (Metal Title Emblem, Scratch Resistance Coating, Silver Foil) - Double Lenti limited to 1000 numbered copies (2 x Super Clear 3D Lenticular + High Quality Paper Slip + Spot Glossy + Spot Matte + Embossing) - Single Lenti limited to 1000 numbered copies (Super clear 3D Lenticular, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Embossing) - Full Slip limited to 1000 numbered copies (Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing)

box_v2_b2594df9-8ed4-40ed-80e9-33ac314ffe15.jpgDLS_0d156890-4c4b-4d2d-93e1-0fc54362c04f.jpgLS_29824ad8-56d9-4186-b3c1-8fa959bdc096.jpgFS_49c7ef63-aafe-4b45-a3ad-a2974968dff9.jpg
1. [ME#23] Inglourious Basterds
Finally, we are approved with the Inglourious Basterds Manta Lab Exclusive Steelbook. We've been working on this release since last September (not 2018) and took us 1 year to finally get the rights, design and final approval for this movie. It is one of our favorite movies of all time from Tarantino so we hope we've done a good job with the package. We had a plan to start the pre-order for this movie in late October but due to our recent late production and delay with the previous releases, we have decided to put on a hold until we finish all shipping up to The Shape of Water. Thank you very much for your interest in advance and we will release the information soon. OOoooooohh, That's a BINGO!
IB_SB_397819f4-8769-4a67-8fa7-1e8e8d8a05fb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OT - but damn I miss that badass Negan. TWD is rapidly becoming a right snooze fest :sleep:
And especially now Rick is gone too :(
Started watching it from the start again and it was like a totally different show.

The episodes were so fast moving. A lot used to happen in one show. Now it takes an age for anything to happen.

It went to pot once Frank Darabont parted ways. You should go back and rewatch it and see the difference for yourself.

First 3 seasons were the best. The Governor was the beginning of the end!

I know I'm in minority, but did not care about this film ... IMO it was stupid.

*LOOKING FOR REPLY BAN OPTION OF MEMBER*

*FOUND IT, APPLYING .......................and*

Haha just playing .... even Wine gets better with age. ;) (love your reply tho, can tell you have a great personality!)

I know I'm in minority, but did not care about this film ... IMO it was stupid.
i don't agree with you 100%, but i do get very frustrated with it. the level of craft shown by director and actors in the Waltz scenes :notworthy:, the Mélanie Laurent scenes :thumbs:, the outstanding "I wasn't speaking to you Lieutenant Munich. Or you either, Lieutenant Frankfurt." tavern scene :drool:, all are up there with the best Tarantino's done. but the scenes of the Basterds themselves and the furiously ludicrous theatre conclusion i don't enjoy as much. it was like there was one of the all time great European war movies being constantly interrupted by a standard adolescent American action film.

i know, i know, i'll get this in first before others do....

but for the stuff i like, will i still consider getting one of these anyway?

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
i don't agree with you 100%, but i do get very frustrated with it. the level of craft shown by director and actors in the Waltz scenes :notworthy:, the Mélanie Laurent scenes :thumbs:, the outstanding "I wasn't speaking to you Lieutenant Munich. Or you either, Lieutenant Frankfurt." tavern scene :drool:, all are up there with the best Tarantino's done. but the scenes of the Basterds themselves and the furiously ludicrous theatre conclusion i don't enjoy as much. it was like there was one of the all time great European war movies being constantly interrupted by a standard adolescent American action film.

i know, i know, i'll get this in first before others do....

but for the stuff i like, will i still consider getting one of these anyway?

This !!!

There are amazing scenes. But like you said the basterds (sic) and theater scene are ... well ... "standard adolescent American action film". And sadly they ruin whole thing for me ...

Thanks @steelmybeatingheart !

admittedly I think a person needs to have watched other Tarantino Films, and be a fan of his stylistic directing before watching only this or expecting this to just be a ww2/war film.

I wouldnt consider Django or Hateful Eight to simply just be a "western". They are Tarantino Westerns and that allows me to know what to expect.

Reactions: Space Cadet
admittedly I think a person needs to have watched other Tarantino Films, and be a fan of his stylistic directing before watching only this or expecting this to just be a ww2/war film.

I wouldnt consider Django or Hateful Eight to simply just be a "western". They are Tarantino Westerns and that allows me to know what to expect.

I have watched all of his films.
I own all of his films. Most in premium form.
Edit : own "even" IB in amaray slipcover with art cards.

IMO his best still is Reservoir Dogs. But do love his other films too, well, obviously not all ... but most of them. Looking forward to new one.

actually agreed. :thumbs: i've watched all of his films, some many times :), but the only ones i own in any special versions are all those up to (for me) his best film, Jackie Brown (although i do need to get a good version of The Hateful Eight). the two contrasting styles in Inglourious Basterds really threw me off. i've got a basic copy at home, so i'll try and rewatch again before the GB for this comes up. i'll re-educate myself before fellow Ninjas...

• Haha
Reactions: Basil