TEMP artwork:
11153763-7064313006997996.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived today.
Positives:
Colours are nice and strong
Embossing is done nicely

Negatives
Matt, not gloss (like the other recent Disney steels)
No title anywhere whatsoever
Annoying sidebar with picture dots

I understand they're making these for lots of different territories, so they're avoiding putting the English language title on it (despite most territories having the same title regardless) but seriously, for the price they charge for these is it too much to ask for a simple clear PET slipcase with the title on?
Here's the Korean version with the slipcase and it makes a world of difference.

Sure I get the Korean market wants an exclusive, that's fine, so a different slip for them. It just results in the feeling of having an incomplete item when you receive a steelbook that was clearly designed to fit with an outer slip with a title and you get it without. They either need to have one design for territories with a slip, and another for steelbook only, or give us the slip too. Otherwise we're just getting something that looks unfinished, Frozen suffered terribly with this too.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    363.9 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: hayemaker
Mine arrived today.
Positives:
Colours are nice and strong
Embossing is done nicely

Negatives
Matt, not gloss (like the other recent Disney steels)
No title anywhere whatsoever
Annoying sidebar with picture dots

I understand they're making these for lots of different territories, so they're avoiding putting the English language title on it (despite most territories having the same title regardless) but seriously, for the price they charge for these is it too much to ask for a simple clear PET slipcase with the title on?
Here's the Korean version with the slipcase and it makes a world of difference.

Sure I get the Korean market wants an exclusive, that's fine, so a different slip for them. It just results in the feeling of having an incomplete item when you receive a steelbook that was clearly designed to fit with an outer slip with a title and you get it without. They either need to have one design for territories with a slip, and another for steelbook only, or give us the slip too. Otherwise we're just getting something that looks unfinished, Frozen suffered terribly with this too.
I'd say give me a picture spine any day of the week rather than the type of spine as seen on "T 2" or MJ 1".
"Frozen" was saved by the Classics Number on the spine of the 1/4 slip IMO.
Admittedly, the spine of the "Dr. Terror's House Of Horrors" steelbook looks a bit strange notwithstanding the designer's comments that there is no spine title as he/she didn't want it to interfere with the artwork continuing across the spine from front to back.

How many other steelbooks have had embossed backs? I don't think a single other of my 150 or whatever do!

There are a few. And really cool ones
John Carter does and hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy (they were recently)
Filth does too and Roger rabbit

How many other steelbooks have had embossed backs? I don't think a single other of my 150 or whatever do!
. . . or an earlier not so good example of embossing on the back would be "Cloverfield" though the embossing on that is print not image.
EDIT 12.30AM: RE: CLOVERFIELD - awesome steelbook indeed and one of my favourites.
"Print" as in embossed "U.S. GOVERNMENT" on the back.
EDIT 1.05AM: "Not so good example" regarding the embossing on the back as it is just the print while your examples including "John Carter" and "Filth" (and indeed this very one INSIDE OUT) are pictorial.

Last edited:
. . . or an earlier not so good example with embossing on the back would be "Cloverfield" though the embossing on that is print not image.

? Not sure what you mean by print not image but cloverfield is an awesome steelbook with embossed and debossed with a gloss finsh (unlike the matte DVD steelbook version)

Awesome steelbook indeed and one of my favourites.
"Print" as in embossed "U.S. GOVERNMENT" on the back.

Oh ok
Oh it's only because you said "a not so good example" I thought you kidding? It's great.

Wolf of Wall Street, $ sign on back is debossed, looks awesome as well.

Back on topic though...my copy of Inside Out arrived today as well, have not seen it yet (or even opened it), but looks a very decent steel from what I can tell.

Reactions: Flloydo
Great steelbook! I love the no title thing on the front. Really makes you feel like you're getting a piece of artwork as opposed to just a movie.

Anyone else get ones with minor spine damage under the shrink wrap? I got 2 and both have a partial slash under the wrapping.