Iron Man 2

Jan 30, 2009
England
Lets keep this where we keep all the Iron Man 2 News, things will heat up when we get nearer to shooting, and before anyone says it...yes i know its not coming out untill next year :)

Ok just some news for you guys on the new Iron Man film!Well a rumour??

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52871

Entertainment Weekly is reporting the rumor that Scarlett Johansson is in discussions with Marvel Studios to replace Emily Blunt for the role of Russian superspy Natasha Romanoff, who doubles as Black Widow, in Iron Man 2.

Blunt's commitment to 20th Century Fox and the studio's upcoming Gulliver's Travels may prohibit her from co-starring in the superhero sequel.

Marvel will not confirm, but sources tell EW that Johansson has indeed met with the filmmakers and is interested in taking the role. Blunt's reps are still trying to make both projects work, but "Gulliver's" is further along, with a start date of April 15. Iron Man 2 still doesn't have a shooting script and a start date has not yet been determined.

First official Iron Man 2 Photo

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/04/30/first-official-photo-from-jon-favreaus-iron-man-2/

ironman2-firstofficialphoto-medsize.jpg

Iron Man 2 takes place "six months after Stark revealed his identity as Iron Man" at the end of the first movie. Favreau explains that the story this time will indeed involve a little bit of that public relations crisis. "How many superheroes are open about their true identities?" Favreau asks. "We wanted to play with that idea. But it obviously has consequences — in his relationships, on the team. There are a lot of areas we can explore." As for the villain(s) or how much we'll get to see of S.H.I.E.L.D., Favreau won't be talking about that.

i mean..this isnt scary movie 2. why assume this will be anything but awesome? they know what they're doing with these comic book movies as of late

I have to agree with you there. I've been pleasantly surprised lately with the quality of their sequels not being outright junk.

Although Dark Knight had some real cheese moments, "Like a submarine mr. wayne, like a submarine." and then the whole grunty laryngitis voice.. but I enjoyed the movie overall despite those things.

I didn't jump out of my seat for the x-men sequels, but they were alright enough.. I'm waiting on Wolverine as well.. no hurry to see it.

Spiderman was alright.. although by the 3rd my spider sense was numb.

Just my own stupid opinions obviously...

well even spiderman sequels were weak. xmen..lets not even talk about those

but i just meant the group of movies they've released lately..theyre epic. i expect that to continue

but i just meant the group of movies they've released lately..theyre epic. i expect that to continue

I hope. I think after the Batman Begins/Dark Knight really drew in some cash they woke up and realized that making things epic is more exciting

Just hope the greed doesn't start the crap cycle over again. Would LOVE to see The Shadow get a refacing