domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
Release date: January, 2015
Print run: 3000 and 1000 for the 1/3 slip edition
Group Buy: Click here for the Hi-Def Ninja Blufans Marvel GB

IMPORTANT NOTE: (There are 2 editions.)
The front&back images are the same, but not the interior.
Click here for a great photoset by @pbtouril comparing both editions.
v1:
- Sealed
- No disc
- Debossed title
- Bonus (10$) for people ordering v2
v2:
- Sealed
- 2 discs
- Embossed title
- Lenticular slipbox
- Bonus art cards

2.jpg
1.jpg

1.JPG

2.JPG
131445jg5gdub98jknu3n5.gif
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As my order will be going to Rep of Ireland I should not have any customs problems

I'm curious what value to Blufans mark on the packaging as this is my first order with them and we did not have a option to choose like we do with Kimchi/Plain Archive/NovaMedia to say we wanted to be marked as $20.00

As my order will be going to Rep of Ireland I should not have any customs problems

I'm curious what value to Blufans mark on the packaging as this is my first order with them and we did not have a option to choose like we do with Kimchi/Plain Archive/NovaMedia to say we wanted to be marked as $20.00

I have my shipping box from Kung-Fu 1 & 2 from Blufans and it's marked $20 US and i am from Canada, mind you there were 2 copies of each, the other copies were for a locate friend.

Keep in mind that the original concept must have been nixed by the marvellous folks @ Disney Marvel. The back artwork of the mock up was not gonna work as it's the front design of the Kimchi version. I'm sure the restrictions were pretty high, so Blufans probably didn't have much in terms of leeway. That being said, I'm pretty pleased with the finished product. Totally awesome, which of course should be expected when it comes to Blufans.

Liked the original box art concept way better than the actual pics..
This feels like Pacific Rim all over again. Not bad but not as good as the 'now' concept. What do you all think?

Yeah, you`re totally right. I just wrote that in the other forum.
Like the older design better. No asian writings anymore. Sad. And slip looks almost like the kimchi one. Blufans steel does look better than kimchi , but the kimchi Lenti slip is really good.
It thought of two completely different slips when I put my name in the GB. Now I am a bit disappointed.

Liked the original box art concept way better than the actual pics..
This feels like Pacific Rim all over again. Not bad but not as good as the 'now' concept. What do you all think?

It's a shame but I agree with you bud. This doesn't feel extra special imo especially given all the hype. In fact it feels very 'samey'. And the kimchi Lenti looks crisper.

But hopefully when some better pics are posted or seeing it in hand it will look better.

The original concept art with Asian text looked much cooler. Still a nice enough release for the collection though.

Reactions: Bluprint and harry
Sorry-non hdn invoices were sent out before Christmas-still not had tracking even though release was pencilled in as 29th december
From Kevin over there:
Kevin said:
The domestic orders got shipped first and the international orders will start shipping next week.

Anyway. From what I can tell this slip is exactly like the Kimchi one. That's a bunmer. Wonder if they used the same company?

Anyway. From what I can tell this slip is exactly like the Kimchi one. That's a bunmer. Wonder if they used the same company?

The BF Lenti has the image lower on the slip, with the title at the very bottom, so I guess there are enough differences. But it does feel really similar to kimchi's and a bit too far from the original design in the op.

Should still look good next to each other though

Reactions: PKAVFC
I couldn't get the kimchidvd Iron Man, but I knew the lenticular slips were going to look very similar. I would have had a lenticular from one and a 1/4 slip from the other...

Reactions: metaldemon666