Jack Ryan : Shadow Recruit (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
We're excited to announce the next Steelbook Exclusive for the Entertainment Store!

logo_19857971_120x30.png

Release date June 2,2014

Pre-order: click HERE (UK delivery only) (Sold out)
Group Buy hosted by: Naughtius Maximus (Click here)

Limited to 1000 with Entertainment Store sticker.

Notes:

Embossed title (only Shadow Recruit, not Jack Ryan)
Spot gloss on front (Chris Pine) and back (entire rotated square area – only the white is not gloss)

shadow.jpg

shadow3.jpg

shadowback.jpg

Last edited:
Bum, Just been advised too that i wont be getting a replacement, luckily it was before i had posted it back and they offered me a £5 refund. i took it

What was wrong with your copy??

It was a rip off at £25 and mine is pretty badly damaged, no sure £5 is a fitting recompense particularly when they put them back on sale recently surely they should have kept copies back for damaged ones?

It was a rip off at £25 and mine is pretty badly damaged, no sure £5 is a fitting recompense particularly when they put them back on sale recently surely they should have kept copies back for damaged ones?

Why did you buy it if you thought it was a rip off? The likelihood was that you wouldn't be really happy with it if you felt you were paying far to much money for what you felt it was worth, even if it was mint.

Sorry to hear that your copy was damaged btw.

Why did you buy it if you thought it was a rip off? The likelihood was that you wouldn't be really happy with it if you felt you were paying far to much money for what you felt it was worth, even if it was mint.

Sorry to hear that your copy was damaged btw.

I would have been happy with a mint copy.

For the average steelbook collector £25 is usually reserved for maybe 3d films. I wanted it hence why I ordered it. But me for at £25 it was expensive I don't have money to burn so the fact that it is so damaged and I can't get a replacement. It's upsetting.

Reactions: zoneism

There was a scratch on the from. Nothing too large and a 20% refund was a nice gesture. Better than the 10% Zavvi offer. Its a nice steel and OK movie

For that small damage I guess that is not bad

Mine is terrible, scratches, dents, paint clumps

I bought 3, one to watch, one for a friend and one for my sealed collection, shame all 3 arrived damaged. They've asked me to return but said they can't replace as they're all sold out, well worth me ordering months in advance!!

I don't think stacking all 3 together in a flimsy cardboard sleeve helped.

20140603_124343_zps523d4abf.jpg

I bought 3, one to watch, one for a friend and one for my sealed collection, shame all 3 arrived damaged. They've asked me to return but said they can't replace as they're all sold out, well worth me ordering months in advance!!

I don't think stacking all 3 together in a flimsy cardboard sleeve helped.

20140603_124343_zps523d4abf.jpg

£75 worth of frustration. Why on earth did they stack those steels!!:angry:

Maybe try and swap a few of the fronts and backs around to get a decent/ lesser damaged version.

My copy is on the way :ohno:

It's craziness, i think sometimes I expect zavvi packing staff not to be careful but with ES being a much smaller company i would expect a better service, unfortunately each steel is damaged on the bottom edge of the front cover so there's no mix and matches possible, looks like i'll be turning to ebay and paying £35 :(

Sorry to see those damaged steels Dave :(

Mine has a tiny dent on the inside which I only noticed whilst removing the front to place the sticker inside. If I get my OCD magnifying glass out I can see light scratch in the gloss and imperfections. Not great but nothing major.

I really like the steelbook, love me a bit of spot gloss. Nice front, back & inside. Design looks awesome :scat:

Reactions: harry and daveh
It seems a lot of these have arrived damaged, mine included. I was hoping to get a replacement but after them realising they had none left and offered me a 20% refund which i was happy to accept. Mine has dent but its not that obvious unless you run your hand over it, so i can deal with it.