Jack Ryan : Shadow Recruit (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
We're excited to announce the next Steelbook Exclusive for the Entertainment Store!

logo_19857971_120x30.png

Release date June 2,2014

Pre-order: click HERE (UK delivery only) (Sold out)
Group Buy hosted by: Naughtius Maximus (Click here)

Limited to 1000 with Entertainment Store sticker.

Notes:

Embossed title (only Shadow Recruit, not Jack Ryan)
Spot gloss on front (Chris Pine) and back (entire rotated square area – only the white is not gloss)

shadow.jpg

shadow3.jpg

shadowback.jpg

Last edited:
£25 price tag is because of the limited nature of this release. It's to be expected. I also expect that the other 3,000 will soon appear available from other European retailers - probably for cheaper!

These are selling very quickly, although they will inevitably come back in stock again as soon as the others are announced. Happens every single time with ES exclusives!

another pass at this price. Im happy to wait to pick up from another source like Jack Reacher from amazon.fr as i open my steels and not bothered about the sticker or the j card.

ES really need to try a little harder, a little effort goes a long way. Give us slipcovers, artcards, lenticulars. £25 for the steelbook alone is a no for me (I know we are steelbook collectors and it's all about the steelbook) but that's just my opinion. If PA's The Wrestler was steelbook only I wouldn't have ordered, not at just under £30, but they made a great effort and it's paid off for them. To me ES and Zavvi are in it for the money, nothing else

How much was Jack Reacher priced at?

ES exclusives for new films have ranged from £17.99 (2 Guns) to £27.99 (Jack Reacher).

Their 3D releases were £24.99 (Star Trek 2) and £26.99 (WWZ/Gi Joe 2)

Their other 1k print runs were £26.99 (Hansel+Gretel) and £24.99 (Jackass)

ES really need to try a little harder, a little effort goes a long way. Give us slipcovers, artcards, lenticulars. £25 for the steelbook alone is a no for me (I know we are steelbook collectors and it's all about the steelbook) but that's just my opinion. If PA's The Wrestler was steelbook only I wouldn't have ordered, not at just under £30, but they made a great effort and it's paid off for them. To me ES and Zavvi are in it for the money, nothing else

There's so much more thought and effort into something like Plain Archive's The Wrestler and also the KimchiDVD releases. I paid £28/£29 including shipping for my Leon steelbook from Kimchi and the presentation is amazing. I'd rather save my money for the next Kimchi release, or spend a little extra to source an older one than pay ES £25 for a pretty bog standard steel with the same blu ray as the amaray copy

There's so much more thought and effort into something like Plain Archive's The Wrestler and also the KimchiDVD releases. I paid £28/£29 including shipping for my Leon steelbook from Kimchi and the presentation is amazing. I'd rather save my money for the next Kimchi release, or spend a little extra to source an older one than pay ES £25 for a pretty bog standard steel with the same blu ray as the amaray copy

I was about to say exactly the same!

The ridiculous thing is, the scalpers STILL think they can make a profit on them, despite retailing at £25 to begin with! That's certainly got to take some guts to "invest" in something like this when so many collectors are complaining about the actual retail price! After today, expect to see listings on eBay selling pre-orders at £45+