USA
Release date: June 27, 2008
Notes: Limited quantity of 2000

rambo.jpg

Actual pictures:
rambo1.jpg

rambo2.jpg

rambo3.jpg

So yeah, I was surprised their was no topic on this one ... it's the holy grail of all things SteelBook. (least, blu-ray steelbook that is.)

Its been sold for $500 and 300 euros just for the empty case alone. Super rare, thought to have been limited to only 2,000 copies.

And this last pic which is nicely laid out came compliments of Tiger, a hardcore collector :)
18968.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your probably Wright mate but will it have the same appeal and attraction as this did. But to me and many other ninjas this will still hold a top spot in our collections...

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Your probably Wright mate but will it have the same appeal and attraction as this did. But to me and many other ninjas this will still hold a top spot in our collections...
Yeah of course. And I'm sure this will hold its value.

But it would be nice to have a cheaper alternative option with clean back art and maybe some embossing...

Why not fully agree with you mate, it gives chance to them ninjas who missed out on the earlier release and they can save money to buy this if hopefully it gets a release. Like your idea mate sounds cool...

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Last edited:
most overrated steel ever. only people who thinks its worth $ are scalpers. and the film is meh

Actually ... while I have never owned this, I have had it in my hands twice. at a friends and also for a NW give-away last year. Its actually NOT overated. Its got that great "bling effect" as it was deemed long ago when steels got that. giving it crazy awesome look at angles that most dont know. All the rain shines when you barely move it .... so a lot like how a lenticular does something as you barely move it ... same thing.

Plus it's oozing machismo cause its Rambo.

It may not be worth what it used to ... but neither is Iron man FutureShop.

Its a great steel, an original grail, and worthy of such honorable mention. Not every cool steel that comes our way is even talked about a year later. Gotta respect those OG's. :)

In today's time ... it doesn't have great inside art as its not full color and its got a printed back. But the front and sides all are awesome.

Hard to see the bling effect even in this. blood on arm got some tho

I really wish the zavvi version had red blood on the arm.
It's extremely faint on the new one but it looks so cool on this.

Regarding your previous post there are quite a lot of steels that change effect depending on what angle you look at, Loads actually but all in different ways as in colours change too etc (you know that anyway)

I never quite understood why this is a Grail, not that it bothers me but I just never understood it. Front is very nice though (minus the blue bar)

well rarity always comes into play with any grail. Otherwise its never deemed such and just a steel you really like. This was low qty in a time that nothing was for a long while. I'm never a big fan of the terminology of grail for steels anyways haha , but its in all collectibles arena ... people call rare video games , shoes, and records grails too

Reactions: Flloydo
well rarity always comes into play with any grail. Otherwise its never deemed such and just a steel you really like. This was low qty in a time that nothing was for a long while. I'm never a big fan of the terminology of grail for steels anyways haha , but its in all collectibles arena ... people call rare video games , shoes, and records grails too

I just meant this one always surprised me because of the printed back and blue banner but I forgot this was low quantity too

Oh yeah grails come in all shapes, sizes and forms. :)

This is definitely a grail. It took me a huge trade to even get it. At the time I got it was like trying to find Bigfoot. Same with alot of grails. Some of them aren't necessarily the most beautiful steels, but they are like old cars, old collectibles.....they can be very hard to find and ma y of these harder to find steels have To be in some collectors' collections. I didn't consider my collection complete at the time (a few years ago) until I had Iron Man FS, Wanted debossed German, Rambo German, Romeo & Juliet Iron Pack, Moulin Rouge Iron Pack, Inglorious Basterds FS, and a few others like Death Race debossed German, Hellboy II debossed German, Zimmer 1408, Star Trek FS or UK, etc. Those were the must haves for any serious steelbook collector. You just had to have them or your collection was lacking. Some of them were extremely hard to find or at least get due to high prices. I actually pretty much stopped collcting after getting my ha ds on most of those hard to find/rare Grails because I was so worn out getting there, it was amazing, but tiring at the same time. I looked at it as some type of an awesome challenge. It meant something to have those in your collection. I saw an Iron Man FS go for less than $100 yesterday. It wasn't mint, but dang, If I didn't have that already I would've snatched that up so quick. You just gotta have taone in your collction even if not mint.

ALso, those blu banners used to look so good. I still think they do. Something about it just adds to those older steels.

I really wish the zavvi version had red blood on the arm.
It's extremely faint on the new one but it looks so cool on this.

Regarding your previous post there are quite a lot of steels that change effect depending on what angle you look at, Loads actually but all in different ways as in colours change too etc (you know that anyway)

I never quite understood why this is a Grail, not that it bothers me but I just never understood it. Front is very nice though (minus the blue bar)
It's the burning bush phenomenon. If God spoke to me from a burning bush I sure as hell would uproot that bush and take it with me as my most prized collectible even though the bush itself might be as ugly as sin, all burnt and all. The steelbook gods spoke to a lot of collectors through this steelbook and they became converts.

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo