UK
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 14 Votes
Title: Joker - In theaters October 4, 2019

Tagline: Put on a happy face.

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Todd Phillips

Cast: Joaquin Phoenix

Release: 2019-10-04

Plot: A failed stand-up comedian is driven insane and becomes a psychopathic murderer.

Loved the latest trailer (and posters). Anyone else get a King of Comedy vibe from it? Not saying that's a bad thing though.

Last edited:
The review embargo lifts at 1.15pm EST, which I think is 6.15pm UK time. It was shown last night at Venice. Robbie Collin(a UK film reviewer) said there was big round of applause. He also saw Ad Astra and called it a "M'Astra piece".

• Informative
Reactions: Space Cadet

0D578C60-23B0-4F1E-92DB-1EDA93A454CC.jpeg

CBD4F749-A663-45A1-8E67-277E840A401D.jpeg

:cigar: :D My excitement for this and BoP has increased tenfold with what we’ve been fed this last week and now so can’t wait for October then February :joy:

Last edited:
Reactions: vexred

... Nope, don't see.

:rofl:

What the f**k did I just watch, because... I really want to see more :rofl:

Like a few others have mentioned, I only go to the cinema to see the latest DC movie (on my own) or go with the family to see what the kid wants (which is Angry Birds 2 this morning for the Autistic friendly viewing)... so really stoked to see Joker, genuinely impressed with the vibes so far. If this is homage to Kings of Comedy, I hope it doesn't suffer the same fate in the theater like that did...

I knew it! Since the first few set pics and the teaser I knew it! October cant get here soon enough!

PS: Also the score by Hildur Guonadottir is something Im really looking forward to, perfect choice for this kind of film. She did Sicario 2 and Chernobyl series plus she was working with the late Johann Johannsson. Expecting some dark vibes here!

Last edited:
Standing ovations for 1 minute plus always make me laugh

Never trust them lol.

I seriously seriously seriously hope this is better than what the trailers shows. Only good thing about the trailer is the tone.

Also get a Kings of comedy vibe @Noodles

Which makes sense considering it’s produced my Marty and Big Bob being in the film

Reactions: Noodles
WooHoo - permission from the missus to see this on Fri Oct '4th opening night in UK - got my ticket for just after work - oh yeah, so looking forward to this now... :thumbs: