UK
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 14 Votes
Title: Joker - In theaters October 4, 2019

Tagline: Put on a happy face.

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Todd Phillips

Cast: Joaquin Phoenix

Release: 2019-10-04

Plot: A failed stand-up comedian is driven insane and becomes a psychopathic murderer.

WooHoo - permission from the missus to see this on Fri Oct '4th opening night in UK - got my ticket for just after work - oh yeah, so looking forward to this now... :thumbs:
Good on ya Bro :thumbs: If I'm honest I don't really make the time to go cinema apart from IT 2 recently and ill 100% go and see this on release.

...one more and I'll put on ignore. More more.

:LOL:
:LOL:
5C9EFF9D-8207-49CB-B4E1-6F0D1E73E0EB.gif

really good interview. And some of the nuances etc. that are just normal of Joaquin make me feel likes really joker!

cant wait to see the movie.

Wow... ummm... Honestly I felt like that was in really bad taste of Kimmel to show that outtake clip without Phoenix knowing he was going to do that. I think he felt really embarrassed about it. Not cool.

I actually just got back from seeing the film and it made watching that even more weird.

Reactions: Wreck
agree @kaw was very awkward. Alright bud, lmk .... without spoilers .... thoughts? ranking out of 10?

I had dead center tickets in imax for my daughter and I but forgot she had band for hs football game so had to get refund .... but curious if i should go a lone or try to make it with her at some point later this weekend. Have a feeling tho I'll wait like another 10 days or so to not have to fight crowd since i havent gotten any other reserved seats.

Wow what an absolute masterpiece I left the cinema absolutely speechless OMG it was so good and nothing can prepare you for those final 30mins oh and that chilling bathroom scene :cigar: Near perfect on all accounts with outstanding cinematography and score, Phoenix’s performance as Joker is Oscar worthy plus best portrayal of the dark and gritty Gotham City we’ve seen in live action by far. This is an outstanding character piece of Arthur’s (with his underlying mental health issues) descent into madness which transforms him into the persona that is the sociopath Joker. Which helps builds up to the outstanding last 30mins of the film which has some deep social commentary that blends to a degree the Batman lore and how the world is driven as a whole. This is easily the best movie of the year for me and so can’t wait to see it again next week in gold class and then in the new year stock up on a ton of Premium Steelbooks of Joker :joy:

Last edited:
agree @kaw was very awkward. Alright bud, lmk .... without spoilers .... thoughts? ranking out of 10?

I had dead center tickets in imax for my daughter and I but forgot she had band for hs football game so had to get refund .... but curious if i should go a lone or try to make it with her at some point later this weekend. Have a feeling tho I'll wait like another 10 days or so to not have to fight crowd since i havent gotten any other reserved seats.

If you've seen any reviews... Some people really loved it... and others... not so much. This movie is going to be very divisive i think.

I'm going to need a little time to digest it.
But sad to say my immediate feelings walking out of the theater were not happy ones.
6/10 for me.

And I'm not saying its a bad film. It actually is really well made and well acted. But I have a lot of issues with it that I don't want to get into because of spoilers.

Everyone is going to have their opinion on this one.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Watched this evening and have to agree with @kaw on this movie, with opinions will be very divisive.
Well made and certainly very well acted by Joaquin Phoenix.
Perhaps additional viewings may change my opinion but for me this movie didn't like up to the hype - also 6/10 from me

Last edited:
Reactions: kaw
Wow... ummm... Honestly I felt like that was in really bad taste of Kimmel to show that outtake clip without Phoenix knowing he was going to do that. I think he felt really embarrassed about it. Not cool.

I actually just got back from seeing the film and it made watching that even more weird.
I couldn't figure out if that was for real or not. How could they (the director especially) think that'd be ok to share with everyone?! Pheonix is obviously quite a private person and gets really stuck into his roles, so I'm sure they knew his reaction would be awkward.

Reactions: kaw