K-steelbook - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Korea]

VRob98

Premium Supporter
Dec 13, 2011
London UK
Thread to discuss shipping/service/packaging etc. from the Korean retailer k-steelbook.

logortp.gif

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to ksteelbook
A) http://k-steelbook.com/

Q) I haven't mastered Korean yet - how can I read the site?!
A) The website is in English so you can cancel those Korean Lessons.

Q) How do I register?
A) Click on 'Join' and follow the very easy on screen instructions.

Q) Do they ship outside of Korea?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, two shipping options:

Standard (NON Tracked)

1 x steelbook = $8
2 x steelbooks = $12
3 x steelbooks = $16
5 x steelbooks = $21

EMS Express (Tracked)
If you want to use this option you need to contact the retailer via email [email protected].
No prices for this option can be found.

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe, see below: (Thanks to Bubbie for pics)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) To be confirmed. One member ordered without requesting anything specific yet they marked it as full price but as GIFT - Thanks Bubbie for picture:

attachment.php

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon order

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Paypal only - you can still pay by Credit Card Via Paypal without registering

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) To be Confirmed - not been around long enough to answer this yet!

Cancellations: No info regarding Cancellations as yet.
Replacements: Reading the small print they only offer refunds, not replacements? TBC
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

See more info Here:
rsz_k-steelbook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any members thinking of using K-Steelbook will be very happy I think !!

I got my copy of Jack Reacher from them today and it only took 4 Working days to arrive via standard registered airmail. :thumbs:

Their packing is the same as the other KR Sellers and their Customer Service is very good with a reply the next day to all enquires. :D

Very happy with them and will be using again!! :LOL: (Also they will mark your item down in value for you and mark as a gift if you ask)

Terrible costumer service. They do not respond my e-mails. Never again.
That has not been my experience with them! :dunno:
Every time I have emailed them they always reply the very next day. :D

Lucky maybe..? :movie:

Last edited:
Just to add my coin here :)

Ordered a couple of Jack Reacher steels from, my first time dealing with them.

Overall, fairly fast shipping and packaging is solid (of course not as solid as our fellow ninja Naughtius would pack, but looks pretty good :D).

Take a look at the attached pictures of the package. Do not mind the box, I ripped it before deciding to take a few shots (and was too lazy to get the knife :hilarious:). The box was in great shape, as if it traveled from my next door neighbor and not Korea.

So yes, the box is fine. The actual value of the package is indicated on the customs slip; however, marked as a gift. Inside the box is the receipt and steels wrapped in the bubble wrap together and then individually. My only concern is that the steels are fairly loose inside the box. That should be OK though since the wrapping does its job. I would stay that if nothing heavy is placed on top, the steels should arrive just fine.

I have not provided any special instructions or any notes, don't even know if it is a possibility.

The disappointing part is that both steels have their spines slashed. The wrapping is mint, so it must have happened prior to K-steelbook receiving the items. The irony is that this is my first ever spine slash and I was thinking about it just the other day. Now these two and Nemo I received today, all have spine slashes! Nemo has the plastic cut as well, so that is on Zavvi's conscious. Both Jack Reachers are slashed in exactly the same way. You can see the spines on the last picture.

I hope this was helpful to some :scat:

If I will decide to contact the K-steelbook about the slashes, I will report here of how it went.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 477
I've added a FAQ's in the OP - if anything needs to be added/changed let me know.

How long does it take for packages to arrive to US/CA/AUS?

Thanks for your feedback :)

Thanks Naughtius!

I would say it took about 12-13 days. Given standard shipping and the fact that I am in the middle of nowhere, I think it is not bad.

Once again, great retailer!

Cancelled my order earlier today. Emailed to [email protected] saying I placed an order for H&G by mistake and would like to cancel it if possible. Provided a wrong order number (for one of my previous orders); however they replied informing me that the order number for H&G is different and if I still want to cancel it. I confirmed and received an email stating that the refund was processed; I got a refund (PayPal) within the next hour or two. I thanked them for the great customer service and that's that.

The whole process (not taking PayPal processing time into account) took no more than an hour and a half after I sent them the first email! The guys are great!

P.S. I sent my first email around 9 AM Mountain Time; I believe it was around 12 AM in Korea! Unless I am mistaken about the Korean time :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Naughtius Maximus
Would like to add praising words for them as well.

Recently ordered Shawshank Redemption and 2001 Space Odyssey from them.

- First thing first, I wanted them to be shipped by EMS. So I read it here that, for that, we needed to contact them via e-mail.
- I sent them an email.
- Next day, I received order confirmation email from them. I got confused, because, I had just added items in cart, and had not checked out, because I wanted EMS shipping and normal order process only includes "normal" shipping cost.
- Meanwhile, I could notice that "2001 Space Odyssey" was OOS at their site. I got worried a bit.
- But After some 1 or 2 hours, I received another e-mail, and paypal invoice to make a payment for total amount including EMS shipping cost.
- I made the payment and informed them.
- After this, every reply I received was pretty much instantaneous. Payment was confirmed, and items were ready to be shipped.

- Now, I received the email next day, that 2001 Space Odyssey was with Defects. So they offered Full refund or discount.
- I instantly replied, "Can you please send me pics of defect? If it's not scratch, dent, loose disk or spine crack, I may still consider it. If it's some serious defect, than kindly process the refund for it."
- They sent me pic today, highlighting the defect. From that, I could notice that there were some very micro paint chips on front.
- I am not an OCD, so I did not mind that. And informed them to go ahead with shipping.
- And today, they will ship them.
- At the end I was given assurance, that if, I do not like the SB, I can contact them any time.

- Most important thing is, the guy named Iann, who is handling my order is very polite and answers the query pretty fast. I mean instantly.

- I will post pics of their packing as well once I receive my parcel .

So over all, till now, it has been pretty good experience.
And this is my first order with them as well.

I was one of the ones who leapt at the chance to secure a copy of 2001 the other day. Been trying to get one for a while now.

Like Crossbow, I have nothing but praise for their excellent customer service. The gentleman called Iann, sent me the same message about the defect. So where most retailers would probably not even notice the defect or try their luck and send it anyway. I thought it was great to be given the option of a refund or discount.

I hate defects of any kind with my steelbooks, so it was with regret that I had to request a refund. Which was processed within the hour.

He's going to let me know if they get any more copies back in stock as well, though he says that's unlikely. But with great customer service like this, I won't hesitate to order from them again.:thumbs:

Enjoy your copy Crossbow, I await your acquired thread posting with interest.

Reactions: crossbow
I ordered for the first time from them and i sent an email asking if the could declare a lower value and mark as gift, they answered right away saying:
First of all, thanks for your order.
We have understood and it had been recorded.

Thanks regards.

I hope this means they will do what i asked :p

Reactions: Naughtius Maximus
I ordered for the first time from them and i sent an email asking if the could declare a lower value and mark as gift, they answered right away saying:

Make sure you report back with confirmation once you receive it!

I hope so too. I included a note about this very thing when I placed my IM3 order Yesterday. Fingers crossed they do it.