Release date: February 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi.nl
Price: £14.99 or €19,19
Notes: Limited to 2,500 copies.

11047996-1417112395-997803.jpg

11047996-1417112395-997884.jpg

11047996-1417112395-997813.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LMFAO! :rofl: :hilarious: You guys are fu**ing hilarious! :woot: Thanks for the tags my friends! :cool: :notworthy:

It's about FU**ING time we got a proper steelbook for KING KONG!!!!
king%20kong2.gif
That's real beauty!!! :drool: :kiss: Today is THANKSGIVING here in the US, so I'm thankful to Zavvi for creating this lovely Steel!!! ;) This is definitely going in my KOLLECTION! :thumbs:

Sabertooth wakes up and all hell has broken loose on HDN lol

....congratulations @bloodsnake007 & @tridon. I am glad this great movie is at last getting a proper steelbook at long last! I wonder if the recent thread we created was the last push needed to get the powers that be to listen? :cigar: In any case i'm glad because the artwork for this steel is freaking AMAZING! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Well done zavvvi :notworthy: :thumbs: :cool: :)

Reactions: tridon
I will be ordering this but I do hope the price is around £14.99-£17.99

It's a back catalouge title so it needs to be mid price release

This will sell well possible even sell out just hope they don't try to milk customers with a high price point

It's currently listed on their site at £24.99 which is excessive for a catalogue release. Maybe this is just for its initial listing and it will come down prior to going live. Alternatively, they may keep the price high so they can appear to be giving you a bargain when they allow a 10% Black Friday Discount.

kingkong.jpg

My long-time wait has come to an end. What a beautiful day.

Thank you to everyone who tagged me, and thank you Zavvi for finally making this a reality. Stunning art, too! This SteelBook could've only been better with a nice slipcover to go with it, but no complaints from me. This is just perfect. :drool:

@bloodsnake007 ... our time has come, brotha! :thumbs:

Reactions: SaberTooth
@tridon @bloodsnake007

remember when @bigrob said that there's content missing on the current disc?

Content is imperative as well

The BD is missing the following that was released on the DVD

Production Diaries ( 2 disc set)
Post - Production Diaries (2nd disc from the Theatrical DVD release)
Everything else (from the 3 disc extended cut)

Wonder if this zavvi edition will be just a repackage of current disc? ...or is this gonna be somthin special for the 10th Anniversary? :hungry:

Reactions: bloodsnake007
@tridon @bloodsnake007

remember when @bigrob said that there's content missing on the current disc?

Wonder if this zavvi edition will be just a repackage of current disc? ...or is this gonna be somthin special for the 10th Anniversary? :hungry:

I fully expect something special to pop up for the film's 10th Anniversary next year... especially with Skull Island just around the corner. Whether that something special happens with this release or not, who knows?

I'm more in for the case than the disc inside with this release. I already own the 2005 Kong about a thousand times, anyway. :p

At last! So much better than the so called "Heroes" artwork that adorns the US and German Steelbook releases.

I note, however, that this title is also getting an HDzeta release with, I assume, the same WWA artwork. So, if the artwork for their slip is good, I could well end up double dipping.

Come on Kimchidvd...I'll be waiting.
Definite candidate for steelbook of the year design!
I'll triple dip if Kimchi announces an Exclusive! :greedy: That would be a DREAM! :drool:
excited.gif

Sabertooth wakes up and all hell has broken loose on HDN lol

....congratulations @bloodsnake007 & @tridon. I am glad this great movie is at last getting a proper steelbook at long last! I wonder if the recent thread we created was the last push needed to get the powers that be to listen? :cigar: In any case i'm glad because the artwork for this steel is freaking AMAZING! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Well done zavvvi :notworthy: :thumbs: :cool: :)
@SaberTooth Hell Yeah buddy! :woot: All hell broke loose while you were asleep! LOL! :hilarious: I just know your recent poll gave this release a push! :notworthy:

Well Done Zavvi indeed! :thumbs:

kingkong.jpg

My long-time wait has come to an end. What a beautiful day.

Thank you to everyone who tagged me, and thank you Zavvi for finally making this a reality. Stunning art, too! This SteelBook could've only been better with a nice slipcover to go with it, but no complaints from me. This is just perfect. :drool:

@bloodsnake007 ... our time has come, brotha! :thumbs:
@tridon This IS a beautiful day! :drool: I agree wholeheartedly... Our time HAS finally arrived! :woot: :notworthy:

KONG ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROAR!!!.jpg