Release date: February 2nd, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi.nl
Price: £14.99 or €19,19
Notes: Limited to 2,500 copies.

11047996-1417112395-997803.jpg

11047996-1417112395-997884.jpg

11047996-1417112395-997813.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Only just seen this, thought the front art work looked good in the op but thought I'd pass as I have that comic style edition... silly me decided to click on the spoiler tag in the op.. The result of which will lose me money.. front, back and inside artwork looks beautiful Damn it! Have to buy this now and throw the one I have in the bin lol. Pre order for sure ;)

Reactions: kron and harry
In a few threads I've clicked on the op zavvi link but it goes to zavvi .com with € instead of £, is that where the link is set up to go?or is my computer not behaving?.. third option is that I'm having a stupid moment(which is highly likely). The little flag in the conner is uk? ?

Gloss finish will top this off to a t. Very nice choice of artwork all round :thumbs:
If this get gloss it will be one of my favorite steels, it will look amazing. I haven't watched this film in years, i always cry like a girl at the end:arghh::arghh: i should just turn it off a little before the end. I've not read this whole thread, only this page but i hope that price will change, i thought taken would be reduced, but hasn't, and I'm not prepared to pay unrealistic prices like that.:(

Reactions: kron
If this get gloss it will be one of my favorite steels, it will look amazing. I haven't watched this film in years, i always cry like a girl at the end:arghh::arghh: i should just turn it off a little before the end. I've not read this whole thread, only this page but i hope that price will change, i thought taken would be reduced, but hasn't, and I'm not prepared to pay unrealistic prices like that.:(

Caught some of it on normal tely the other evening. I have to say it wasn't my favourite Pete Jackson film on first viewing, which is probably why I've never picked it up on blu yet. Saying that, the artwork here and the fact that Universal finishes have all be top notch off late will sway me heavily to a purchase. Hopefully the price should be around £15 for a back catalogue title but maybe it 'll be a bit more because of the 2.5k print run.

with all the excitement over this i wouldn't bank on a price drop, which is a shame as i wouldn't mind getting it, but pretty much only for the T-rex vs Kong bit as to be perfectly honest, it isn't that good a film, it suffers from Jacksons need to overbloat everything, the man needs a strong editor

Reactions: chunk
Caught some of it on normal tely the other evening. I have to say it wasn't my favourite Pete Jackson film on first viewing, which is probably why I've never picked it up on blu yet. Saying that, the artwork here and the fact that Universal finishes have all be top notch off late will sway me heavily to a purchase. Hopefully the price should be around £15 for a back catalogue title but maybe it 'll be a bit more because of the 2.5k print run.
I Watched it at the cinema and a few times on dvd when it was released (can't remember what year that was) I do like ape and monkey films lol.. I liked jack black back then too so I watched it a few times, I remember thinking the cgi looked a bit dodgy but I can't really comment as its been so long since I've seen it.. I remember it being a bit hit and miss in its reviews too.. I haven't got round to watching my blu ray yet.
like you said kron, universal finishes have been really good lately so hopefully they'll do a great job with this one too.
we all usually moan about the price ,then when the steel goes on sale the real price is revealed and we're all happy to order but if this price doesn't go down (and taken too), it makes me wonder what is going on here.. I understand normal inflation year by year but zavvi is almost doubling their prices for catalogue titles.. I'm a bit confused by it. . It doesn't take much to confuse me though:wacky:

Sod king kong - i want the T-rex on the front :p king kong fights dirty!
@Naughtius Maximus T-Rex on the front!? o_O Are you crazy! :wacky: Well, here's your cover of them getting their asses kicked by Kong! ;)
King-Kong-9908e3e8.jpg

And if by dirty, you mean he flings his poop, then YES! Anything to win the fight! :naughty:
DiQQX.gif

I'd do the same! :D
Monkeypooh.gif

:p
Let see what @bloodsnake007 will say about that david :p ;)
HANDBAGS more than ever . Can we take bets on how meany members it takes to slow down Frank from geting this ? :OMG: .
Lets take down his internet ;)
@harry @Scary Hair @DADDYCOOL187 LMFAO!!! :rofl: :hilarious:

Do your best NINJAS! :mad: Nothing will STOP me from getting this EPIC Steel! :drool: Even if I have to get my ass on a plane and fly directly to Zavvis doorstep, I WILL OWN one! :cool: :D :naughty:

gorilla2angry8nh.gif

Last edited: