Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 4) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 10, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - One Click - Pre-order on February 3 at 8 PM (HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $38.99 (Individual Editions) - $155.96 (One Click)
Notes: 2500 numbered copies, for both domestic and international markets. Orders limited to 2 Copies for Single Edition and 1 Set for One Click.
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv

16298867_1282901405153298_2686812020018062175_n.jpg 16266259_1282901401819965_5090072158226925119_n.jpg 16265780_1282902025153236_1193039865573921223_n.jpg 16195508_1282901435153295_1660599155664106368_n.jpg 16174745_1282901321819973_8770947196031108265_n.jpg 16114016_1282901331819972_5827585758419610361_n.jpg
Full Slip A: Numbered 301 to 600
Full Slip B: Numbered 301 to 700
Lenticular Full Slip: Numbered 301 to 900
Lenticular Magnet Quarter Slip (with One Click Only): Numbered 1 to 400
One Click: Numbered 1 to 400

Goodies:

- Full sized Glossy Booklet, Photo Card(5ea), Character Card(7ea) Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker(Faux Leather with Gold Foil Stamping) + Exclusive Lenticular Sticker + Spec Sheet
5. Effects
- Full Slip A: Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Spot Gold Foil + Embossing
- Full Slip B: Glossy Logo Pattern background + Spot Glossy + Spot Gold Foil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip(PET) - Full Sided Lenticular Full Slip with 3D+Depth and Color changing spine
- Lenticular Magnet Quarter Slip - 3D+Depth Lenticular (Frame Size) + Spot Gold Foil + Glossy + Embossing
- Leather Box - High Quality Faux Leather + Gold Foil Logo Stamping + Black Velvet finish inside + Magnet Door
IMG_0777.JPG
16300024_1284063521703753_1924971369273890317_o.jpg

Last edited:
At first glance I thought I'd go for Full Slip A, because of the contrast between the white steelbook, the golden lettering and the black slip. However, it's a bit disappointing they used the same image on the front of FS A as on the steelbook. What I really don't like is the back, though. Full Slip B is much better in this regard, and the all white slip fits the steelbook perfectly, of course. But the front artwork is just terrible! It looks like a photoshoot in some fancy studio. The lenticular slip is intriguing, but as we've seen in the first pictures, it looks wobbly. I want a sturdy slip box.
The One Click is out of question, it's just too expensive and as others have stated before, neither do I need the steelbook/film four times. Also keep the weight of the package in mind. It will very very very likely receive customs' inspection and then it's even becoming a whole lot more expensive.

Well, maybe this will be my first pass on a Manta Exclusive. Still some time to think about it, but as it stands now, it certainly looks like I'll give it a pass. Will wait for some live pics, Manta surely show some before the PO commences.

By the way, thanks for the tag @harry :thumbs:

Tbh i would love to get the boxset, just because of the box. But deep inside me i know that would be crazy, so i'll go with only one edition, probably the lenti. Maybe i'll get lucky and someone is going to sell only the box on ebay.

Tbh i would love to get the boxset, just because of the box. But deep inside me i know that would be crazy, so i'll go with only one edition, probably the lenti. Maybe i'll get lucky and someone is going to sell only the box on ebay.

Boxsets are not selling well in eBay, so you may get lucky. Most of the one-click buyers are keepers. Some split them. The problem is the print run here is 2500 which is not that many for a popular film. So pre-ordering is a safe bet.

Fullslip A is definitely the worst as it basically uses the same front art with a couple of characters rearranged.
Full B is good, matches the steelbook, but the back is too simple.
Now the Lenti PET version seems better, even though the weapons cabinet on the back has been used in a couple of releases already, on this golden slip it looks best.
The box they've made is awesome, but buying 4 same sets of cards, postcards, and booklets is plain stupid. If the supplied printed materials were different, like Filmarena or Blufans do, then maybe.

I'm with @Noodles. Nothing is really jumping at me. I'm intrigued by the lenti full slip, but that video that was shown a few days ago didn't really impress me. The PET looked loose and flimsy. Full slip A is probably the nicest with it being black, but like @Lenny Nero said, it's the same art as the SteelBook with the characters rearranged. I may regret my decision in the end, but I'm going to skip this release.

Too bad the 1/4 slip is only part of the one click. Not a huge fan of any of the slips, so guess I'll have to be on the lookout if someone breaks apart their one click for whatever reason and then nab a 1/4 slip that way.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
I gone for the Lenti Pet Slip

I will wait till I see in hand photos of Full Slip A and B and if still in stock after released I will decide then if to get either Full Slip A or B

Nothing really oozes quality about the 1-click in all honesty, I'm a big fan of boxsets and 1-clicks but apart from the 1/4 and the box itself the rest is almost identical and unnecessary. Had they made the extra contents included in the steelbooks different and maybe put more effort into the slips I would without a doubt jump on it in a heart beat but as it stands I will just opt for 1 variant or wait for the 1/4 slip to show up on eBay/trade forum as it showcases the beauty of the WEA steelbook...

Last edited:
Thanks for the tag @Steelselecta! :thumbs: Think I'm edging toward Fullslip B or the Lenti atm... But damn, 4 duplicate steels inside the boxset is CRAZY like many have already said :wacky: (Along with 4x sets of the same goodies too lol?? :facepalm::bag:).

Compare this to HDzeta's recent BvS Boxset which offered a lot more diversity for your money, there's no comparison. Apart from the exclusive 1/4 slip it's the complete opposite lol and not what collectors really want IMO... (n)

To be honest, none of the versions blew me away. But I'm most probably picking the lenti not because I think it's the best looking of the lot but because I'm a bit intrigued by the 'color changing spine.' :p Besides, I don't own any of the previous releases of Kingsman so I think it's about time I get one. :D

Thanks for the tag @Steelselecta! :thumbs: Think I'm edging toward Fullslip B or the Lenti atm... But damn, 4 duplicate steels inside the boxset is CRAZY like many have already said :wacky: (Along with 4x sets of the same goodies too lol?? :facepalm::bag:).

Compare this to HDzeta's recent BvS Boxset which offered a lot more diversity for your money, there's no comparison. Apart from the exclusive 1/4 slip it's the complete opposite lol and not what collectors really want IMO... (n)

So true. The precedent was set by HDZeta, was hoping the others would follow. Apparently not. :(

TBH, a little disappointed mainly because we know Manta's magic with slips.. the real star for me is the steelbook too bad quarter slip is only available in the 1click boxset..I might just go for lenti PET & full slip A coz didn't really like the image they picked for full slip B

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and tridon